Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Realize band

Compare The Realize Band System to Lap-Band - REALIZEBand.com

So what your saying is that the information supplied by J & J on this site is inaccurate and I should sue them for false advertising?

WOODSY - Thank you for posting that link! That is the kind of info we need to see on here.

If anyone has any other links (for any kind of band), that is what everyone needs to make educated decisions. Word of mouth just isn't enough. Each manufacturer will ultimately post results to favor their own product. Take all of those results and disseminate the info to (hopefully) come up with a clearer picture of what is right for yourself. Always, of course, along with your doctors advice.

When reviewing the validity of band manufactures' info, this old but true quote may give one pause:"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for supportrather than illumination." -Andrew Lang(1844-1912)

HI, I am glad you posted. I did a lot of research on the lapband before my surgery and then when I went in for my surgery my doc told me he was using a different band because he thought it was better (realize band). That really threw me for a loop and I almost called off my surgery because of it. But then I thought my surgeon is well known in my area and all he does is bariactric surgeries and I should trust him. I am glad I did because I rarely feel hungry. Maybe it would be true of the lapband as well. I think you get out of it what you put into it and both bands are a great tool to help get the pounds off. So far I am happy, but it has only been two months. Keep up the good work, your an inspiration!

Whoa... that's not fair. I didn't like the "moron" statements and such either but do you have anything to defend your claim that Isuzu was trying to be deceptive about identity? NOWHERE does s/he do that. That poster never attempted to pretend they were someone they were not. People change IDs here all the darn time and there are MANY good reasons for doing that.

You believe Isuzu has misconceptions about the band, they believe you have misconceptions about the band. I have seen the band, I have seen the band surgically placed. As for the triangular shape the more full the band is, the more it bends to a triangle. I don't see how this is much different from the bubbles in the Inamed band. So what? Who cares if the darn thing bends? If you want to talk physics then you need to remember that the outside of the bubble part of the band does not shrink as it grows tighter around a rounded surface so it SHOULD bend a bit.

If you don't like the info presented, don't read it. Simple. But it's really not fair to make claims about changing IDs when the writing style has not changed one bit, there has been NO effort to be deceptive about who they are, the opinions are exactly the same... there is simply nothing to support your theory on an ID change.

The bottom line is that it appeared deceptive. After redstarr's "final" post of saying "My work here is done. Goodbye...", there was a post shortly after responding to another question, this time by someone named Isuzu, and at the time, it definitely appeared deceptive. I wasn't the only person to comment about the ironic name change and it's timing. If you don't see it that way, then please take your own advice and don't read the info I present. Also, you commented to me about there being nothing to support my comments about Isuzu being paid by another company to run around band-bashing the Realize product. Well, Isuzu said that Proctors get paid by companies and they are swayed and paid off to support one product over another. In another of his/her previous posts, Isuzu claimed to BE a proctor for another band company. By his/her own admission and definition of a Proctor, he/she outed his/her self as being paid to run around band-bashing the Realize band.

*sigh* I don't know why I had to correct you, but I did. I really didn't wanna rehash, but when you singled me out and reprimanded me, I had to defend myself. It's my own personal nature. Also, just as Isuzu has his/her rights to be passionate about ripping a product apart that is in my body, well then I also have the right to defend that product and I may be a bit passionate about it. I'm not going to make any apologies for that.

Now that the Isuzu character seems to have run off, this thread is much more pleasant and I wanna keep it that way. So...enough of all the "he said, she said" junk. Sorry to interject it one last time. I just couldn't help myself. Of course, ya'll can just ignore me if ya want, right? :rolleyes2:

Krista, how do you like Dr. Schram and the Barix clinic? I noticed that you got banded 1 day before me? Did you know you were getting the realize band? How did you first fill go? I got sick to my stomach and they had to pull some out before I left.

Awww...I adore Dr. Schram. :rolleyes2: Thanks for asking! Of course, most bandsters really are fantastic cheerleaders for their own personal surgeons. I think he's phenomenal and I love talking about him.

Sorry to hear about your fill. You must have had really great restriction before your first fill if you had trouble during your first fill. I healed way too fast (that's usually a good thing) so I was feeling like I never even had the surgery. Zero restriction and it was hell until I got filled. Once I got filled, it got better, but I am really looking forward to fill #2 on March 19th. I think that will make all the difference in the world. I'm close...but no cigar. Sounds like your nausea may have been nerves?

Yes, I knew I was getting the Realize band before the surgery. He had told me about it beforehand and brought it in to show me. I got to really check it out and he explained everything about it to me. He switched to Realize bands back in November and he only places Realize bands now. He doesn't use any other brand or style of band. Other dudes over there use other bands...so if anybody didn't want the Realize, they still have the choice to use one of the other surgeons.

I'm babbling. I think he's great and I love the facility. The nurses are (mostly) really great, too. I had a great big b**** of a Radiographer the day after my surgery, but nobody else ever upset me at the facility.

How about you?

Thank you All, who have the Realize Band for posting your positive experience as well as informative links. My brother has been a "guest" here on this thread (he's on the shy side - not me :biggrin:), and along with his Dr. he has decided the Realize Band is for him.

I might have helped in his decision with the amt of fills & still looking for the sweet spot - Had fill #6 yesteray 7.9cc, and I'm sure I will need at least another - however in the end he liked what he found out @ the Realize and that's what he will be getting the first of April.....

Again, thanks~

The bottom line is that it appeared deceptive. After redstarr's "final" post of saying "My work here is done. Goodbye...", there was a post shortly after responding to another question, this time by someone named Isuzu, and at the time, it definitely appeared deceptive. I wasn't the only person to comment about the ironic name change and it's timing. If you don't see it that way, then please take your own advice and don't read the info I present. Also, you commented to me about there being nothing to support my comments about Isuzu being paid by another company to run around band-bashing the Realize product. Well, Isuzu said that Proctors get paid by companies and they are swayed and paid off to support one product over another. In another of his/her previous posts, Isuzu claimed to BE a proctor for another band company. By his/her own admission and definition of a Proctor, he/she outed his/her self as being paid to run around band-bashing the Realize band.

*sigh* I don't know why I had to correct you, but I did. I really didn't wanna rehash, but when you singled me out and reprimanded me, I had to defend myself. It's my own personal nature. Also, just as Isuzu has his/her rights to be passionate about ripping a product apart that is in my body, well then I also have the right to defend that product and I may be a bit passionate about it. I'm not going to make any apologies for that.

Now that the Isuzu character seems to have run off, this thread is much more pleasant and I wanna keep it that way. So...enough of all the "he said, she said" junk. Sorry to interject it one last time. I just couldn't help myself. Of course, ya'll can just ignore me if ya want, right? :biggrin:

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Also, I missed the post that Isuza claims to be a proctor, do you have a link?

I don't agree with Isuza's information, Wiki links, etc. But I saw nothing to show s/he was posing as another person. It would have made much more sense to come up with a new ID if that was the case than to change names.

I did not ignore anything - I wasn't by my computer

I'd like to throw my 2 cents in here, I'm a proctor for both Lap Band and Realize Band and have a pretty good feel for both products: (Getting paid to proctor by both companies = more money for the doctor)

</b></i>

My bad. The quote above is pulled from a post by Isuzu on page 3 (or maybe it was page 4) of this thread where I thought he/she claims to be a Proctor for both Lap Band and Realize band. Apparently, Isuzu was pulling a quote from Dr. C's post...but he/she did not use the "quote" option so it appears to be Isuzu's words, and I misread this as his or her own personal statement. LOL If you read the post, you can see my mistake. At any rate, it got very confusing. Also, agreeing to disagree is not a problem. It's a good thing. In fact, I think that's how most of the world should behave. Cheers! And you're right...usually someone who wants to pretend to be somebody else would just simply set up a new account...but I strongly feel redstarr/Isuzu was a Troll, and many times trolls aren't very smart about things of that nature.

My bad. The quote above is pulled from a post by Isuzu on page 3 (or maybe it was page 4) of this thread where I thought he/she claims to be a Proctor for both Lap Band and Realize band. Apparently, Isuzu was pulling a quote from Dr. C's post...but he/she did not use the "quote" option so it appears to be Isuzu's words, and I misread this as his or her own personal statement. LOL If you read the post, you can see my mistake. At any rate, it got very confusing. Also, agreeing to disagree is not a problem. It's a good thing. In fact, I think that's how most of the world should behave. Cheers! And you're right...usually someone who wants to pretend to be somebody else would just simply set up a new account...but I strongly feel redstarr/Isuzu was a Troll, and many times trolls aren't very smart about things of that nature.

That would have been an easy mistake to make to be honest. If he didn't use quotes I can see how that happened.

Quotes are our friend, Isuza! ;o)

Difficulty Swallowing (Dysphagia)

Overview

<!--© 1995-2008 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.--> What is difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)?

Difficulty swallowing is also called dysphagia. It is usually a sign of a problem with your throat or esophagus camera.gif—the muscular tube that moves food and liquids from the back of your mouth to your stomach. Although dysphagia can happen to anyone, it is most common in older adults, premature babies, and people with problems of the brain or nervous system.

Ah...that makes more sense than what you initially wrote! Thank you! Isn't it amazing how changing just ONE letter in that word made all the difference!

Easy mistake. Pre-doctors have such bad handwriting it seems to jump right over into their typing. I wish I could count the posts I've gone back and corrected for spelling/grammar only to see 10 more that I didn't correct. What's my excuse? redface.gif

Isuza, you mentioned you are going to be banded soon. I assume that will have to take place between quarters/semesters how are you coming along with your prep for that? This really is a board for support and we're here to support you on your journey, regardless of the rough start. You obviously love research, so I look forward to your insight on aspects of banding besides band-brands. For once I am not being sarcastic with you. :)

TexasFire, I'm still at the exercise... you really are going to be a great trainer. Just a little nudge from you did it.