Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL - Whats your sweet spot in 10cc band?

How full is/was your 10cc band at 'sweet spot'  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How full is/was your 10cc band at 'sweet spot'

Frustrated here. I have 9.2 cc in my 9cc realize band. I'm to the max. I guess my surgeon says you can go over, but who knows... what do you guys think? I feel like I have less restriction with every fill. I have less with this fill than my last fill. I have gotten a fill pretty much every 8 weeks since I had my band put in a year ago. It will be a year for me on 9/11. Yes, I have lost alot of weight. It has been very hard. I really feel like I have only had restriciton or to my "sweet spot" once. I had a very bad vomiting episode after that, and it seemed like it loosened the band. I went in, had it checked, and he said all was fine but that it was loose. Gave me another fill.. no difference. got another on 8/6 and no difference. I want to scream! I'm hungry alot, and I can eat anything. I don't PB, slime, get stuck, etc... I feel like my band was put in wrong or something and they just don't want to tell me. Sometimes that how I feel.... Also, I'm discouraged that I'm at 9.2 in a 9cc band in just a year. I have no where else to go with it. Anyone feel like this??

Wow lovemy2dogs,someone told me they can take alittle out and like rebbot ya,not sure how that helps but they say it does,some guy on lap band talk had more in his band than what the band is,hes posted before like if he had a 14 cc band he had 17 cc in it,i didnt know they could even do that,i asked my nurse she said he couldnt but he has posted that he has it in his v bandmi have 9 cc in my 14 cc band and am very happy and atleast i know i have more room to play with.hope something works out for you,but like u said something doesnt sound right

'

Do you have the realize band. I agree something just doesn't sound right. I'm just not sure what to do. I have thought about going to see someone else and having them look at my band, but I just don't know what to do. It just doesn't seem right that I have that much and barely have restriction. I know I am losing weight, and that may be why they aren't taking me seriously, but trust me. I work for every little lb. I run like 3 miles per day and some days do weights along with it. I exercise my butt off, and really watch everything I eat. I count every calorie. I guess I just thought this would be a little easier than it is. It is so much of a struggle.

My surgeon also said he can overfill. Not 3 cc hahahahaha but he did say he has people up to a cc over their max. hmmmm makes me wonder, as other times he has said that he has no one to their max. I'm so confused and discouraged. How am I going to keep this weight off with no room left in my band? Now, I'm eating the same and exercising just to keep it off. I'm not even really losing anymore.

Yikes that sucks! I had a similar thought occur to me. I'm not at the right restriction yet and I'm totally dieting and working my tush off to get some of the ponds off. my concern is that they will not fill me because I'm losing weight, yet all the weight loss has to do with me and not my band.

These guys need to take you seriously. Do they do it under fluoro? (sp) I've read some docs do fills that way and they can learn more about it.

I hear ya my surgeon told me I was doin good so didn't need a fill when I had no restriction he ended up giving me 1cc

You've heard this before from me. Supposed to be filled to capacity. Yep, checked the level, it's all still there. After last fill for about 3 days I'd eat a little and feel the "STOP" time. Then it went away. I can eat way too much with no feeling of being full. Yes, chewing well and taking my time. There is nothing I can't eat. Not that I've gone nuts or anything.

I told the doc all this--and his response was maybe I'm a real good chewer thus everything gets through. I told him I did all this because my built in off switch never kicked in on it's own. Thusly I was hoping for some help from the band.

Last month I lost 7 pounds-with no help from the band. Doc was thrilled but I've gotten off the wagon this month. My dog got real sick and needed to be put down. Hubby's job is questionable but a good prospect is on the horizon.

Depressed and pissed off is my current attitude. I've always known what I had to do to loose weight-it was the ability to keep it off I always failed at. I am thrilled to be down 75 (8 dress sizes).

But I'm suppose to see the doc Wednesday--I've put back on 5 to 7 (depending on scale).

Could there be a reason I'm not getting the help with the band that I should?

Thanks for listening to the rant.

Linda

I've only had one fill back in July, went in August, and September, but the doc wouldn't give me a fill because I was losing weight. I think this month I will get a fill because I have now stopped losing weight :smile: I guess we'll see.

Chili isn't solid though. I can eat more of something that is mushy or soupy. It's something like steak or chicken that fills me up very fast.

I have a 10 cc band with 7 cc filled. I am finally at my sweet spot. I can eat 1/2 cup of food and be stuffed. I try and always eat my meat first so my band fills up and I stay full.

Its great to feel full!

I am filled at 7.50 on a 9cc band. I can hardly eat anything without throwing up. I guess I will stay this way until I lose more fat and then the band will loosen so I can eat again. If this is the sweet spot - let me tell you it not very sweet.