Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

Personally I can't trust my eye and brain to agree what a portion is so I keep track of my daily intake on www.fitday.com. It is a bit of a bother to set up your favorite food but once you do that it just takes minutes a day.

Doddie - I went to fitday.com and I think this is going to really help me. I found where you can add your own food under Custom Food but everytime I click on it - it closes the entire site as well as Internet Explorer. Is this a glitch on the site or my computer??? LOL Also, under custom foods, can you add things like frozen dinners? I use the South Beach frozen dinners alot because they are low in cals and fat, and high in Protein - $2.00 each at Walmart (here in Alabama) and very tasty!! A God send to me!

Please let me know if you have this problem with the site?

Hi: Basic questions. Did you join and get a password? You may have to exit out and resign in. Once you sign in, there are two custom foods. One is "new custom foods" which brings up a blank form and the other is "custom foods" which retrieves custom foods you have entered.

Click on "new custom foods" and when the blank shows up, give it a title that is unique. Fill in all the blanks from the can or bottle or your favorite frozen food, then you must save. The save button is at the bottom or top of the form. There should be no problem.

I liked Fitday so much, I purchased their download software. For $20.00 I find the program so much easier to handle and I get a lot more charts.

I hope this helps you.

Doddie

Doddie - I went to fitday.com and I think this is going to really help me. I found where you can add your own food under Custom Food but everytime I click on it - it closes the entire site as well as Internet Explorer. Is this a glitch on the site or my computer??? LOL Also, under custom foods, can you add things like frozen dinners? I use the South Beach frozen dinners alot because they are low in cals and fat, and high in Protein - $2.00 each at Walmart (here in Alabama) and very tasty!! A God send to me!

Please let me know if you have this problem with the site?

Oh, check your security program on your PC. It may be thinking Fitday is a virus if you haven't used it before. Turning off the security may help

Hello!

I was banded on 4/16 and am down a grand total of....7 lbs. *sigh* I am a very slow loser as well. I just had my second fill last week and am finally getting a good amount of restriction. I now have a goal of losing 3 lbs per week until the end of July. I am going to follow this diet to a T and drink all my Water...and hopefully I won't be a slow loser for long!

It is SO frustrating though...knowing that I was a self pay and am going to be paying for five years on a surgery that I haven't seen much by way of results. :tongue_smilie:

Hi: You may be cutting your calories too low. the recommended weight loss is 1/2 to 2 lbs per week. By having to cut back 7,500 calories a week consistantly until your goal will discourage you. Don't forget, the band is the tool to teach you to eat differently. It sounds to me like you are on a diet of starvation. Does your clinic give you a recommended Protein intake.

For instance. 3 oz hard protein and up to 4 oz of vegetables/fruit every four waking hours is what I am to do.

As for exercise I don't. Up until now, I occasionally went to aqua fit and a bit of treadmill but my limbs won't let me do too much yet I consistantly lose 1/2 to 3/4 lb a week.

I point I am trying to make is take it slowly. Slow is frustration at the best of times, but you do have the rest of your life. We all know diets don't work.

Having said that, I have been having a Nacho weeks - back to the drawing board. Good luck

Thanks for the input.

WHen I diet, I tend to lose 2-3 lbs per week, regardless of how I eat. I did Jenny Craig for a few months before I got banded and consistently lost that much. Trust me, I have a lot to lose! :tongue_smilie:

Good luck!

Nurse: LOL, I trust everyone to know what they can or can't do. As you can see, I had now have a lot to lose. I have gone from morbidly obese to obese - one point for me.

You mentioned you were a slow loser but intended to lose 3 lbs a week. I was just trying to encourage you to accept whatever lose you do get as a wonderful goal and not put your sights too high for a weekly weight loss. You could become discouraged if you don't attain the lofty goals. Many cannot step on the scales at all because of the Water retention we all seem to suffer. I am a joke in that field. I start out at 232 and in the 3rd week I am 238 then drop down to a lower weight in the 4th week averaging out to 2 lbs per month.

Anyway I will cross my fingers and wish a mighty wish you meet your 3 lbs goal each week. Let us know how you are doing so I can envy and admire your success at the same time.

Hi, everyone.

This has been my fave thread for a long, long time - even before it was over here in a separate area! Like my ID tagline says I really am a Slow Loser - Who Made it Past her goal.

And I have read some of the recent comments on this thread as someone who has been there.

When I posted pix on the "Before and After" page (I try to do that every 6 or so months because sometimes it's easy to not recognize our own progress) I got LOTS of private messages - especially because I identify myself as a Slow Loser.

Actually I call myself the "Worlds Most Remedial Bandster" because I was both a slow loser and a slow band learner - but that's another story. I didn't get this band because I wasn't a successful dieter - pills, fad diets, foods, groups/meetings - I did them all. But I never got to goal weight (and certainly not past it) and my body never allowed me to keep it off. So the fact that I was a Slow Loser shouldn't have been a surprise to me. My body thought: "Oh,another diet. We'll show her!" :thumbup:

But when I got it worked out, I really did make it work and the band came through for me. (Knock wood, it will keep doing so).

Anyway, I've been asked for tips on some things I did as a Slow Loser that helped me. I'm going to post them here on a quick thread and although these aren't "Officially Listed in the Lap Band Manual" they helped me tremendously.

Well, it seems you all are doing so well. I wish I could say the same for myself :confused:

I am now a married woman and the wedding was wonderful! Only thing....I HATE the pictures of me anywhere from the neck, down. My arms are huge and I had a big old bruise that showed terribly on my right arm :) I wish I could have lost more weight before the wedding but, alas, I failed miserably. I'm still at 240 and can't control my eating right now. I wouldn't even make love to my husband on our wedding night for fear that I may become pregnant and put another life at risk because of my own health. I need help now more than ever because I really want us to have children of our own (I already have a 9 year old son from another relationship) but I don't want the baby to be in danger because of my weight. I need all of the support I can get right now!

I will try and post some pictures on my profile of the wedding. My little boy, Shane, was the ring bearer! He looked ADORABLE! Love to you all! Keep checking back for the pictures!

Well, it seems you all are doing so well. I wish I could say the same for myself :Banane03:

I am now a married woman and the wedding was wonderful! Only thing....I HATE the pictures of me anywhere from the neck, down. My arms are huge and I had a big old bruise that showed terribly on my right arm :) I wish I could have lost more weight before the wedding but, alas, I failed miserably. I'm still at 240 and can't control my eating right now. I wouldn't even make love to my husband on our wedding night for fear that I may become pregnant and put another life at risk because of my own health. I need help now more than ever because I really want us to have children of our own (I already have a 9 year old son from another relationship) but I don't want the baby to be in danger because of my weight. I need all of the support I can get right now!

I will try and post some pictures on my profile of the wedding. My little boy, Shane, was the ring bearer! He looked ADORABLE! Love to you all! Keep checking back for the pictures!

Hey, NJ Gal, You did it? You got married? Congrats! Where are the pics?

Please don't get down on yourself too much about not weighing what you want. you're a newlywed, please enjoy this time with your new husband and then set a date to get back on track with eating.

I have a complication with my band. Dr. says it's unlocked. I am having a second surgery on Aug 5th to lock it. I have not lost more than a couple pounds since the end of April, but I have been able to maintain my previous weight loss, by walking.

I never believed how much difference the walking can make, but it does. Maybe that can be part of your "get back on track date" to start tracking what you eat AND walk at least a mile. Everybody can find 20 mins to walk a mile. Before you know it you'll be walking 2 miles.

There were days earlier this summer, before it got too hot, that I was walking 5 miles. I can't even believe that myself, but my feet are living proof as I have the blisters to prove it!

But I've endulged in ice cream and other summer treats, like a cocktail or wine and still managed to hold off the weight gain.

Take your son with you to a walking path near you, maybe he can bring a bike or skates, while you walk. I see families on the path near me do this all the time.

Anyway, Congratulations again and lock up that snack food!

hope you post a link to the wedding photos!

I am so glad to find this thread! I feel like I am the slowest loser ever! I did really well during the first 4 months and then nothing. I think it will help once school starts again and I don't have as much free time to eat! I haven't had a fill in 2 months (as recommended by my doctor) and gained 2 lbs last month! I don't totally blame it on restriction but some choices I made too. Since my last appointment I have been counting my foods on thedailyplate.com and walking a mile every day. Hopefully this will help make a difference! My doctor bet me a dollar to lose 5 lbs by next appt. so I have to do it!!

Pictures are posted! I hope you enjoy them! Hopefully this link will take you directly to them. If you click on the first picture you will be able to see a larger size and at the bottom of each picture you can click on "next picture" to see each picture in large size.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/members/nj_gal_in_va-albums-colleen-josh-s-wedding.html

Edited by NJ_gal_in_VA
Added link

hi everyone i was banded on may 20th and i have gained 3lbs since surgery i won't have my 1st fill til july 21st....i hope i will be able to at least lose the 3lbs i gained:frown: