Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

Wishes - you've lost over 100 lbs since November of 2007? That's hardly slow weight loss...am I reading your info correctly? If so, that's awesome!!!

I have only lost 40 lbs since my surgery of 12/31 and at my support group meetings, people have lost tons more than me and have had the surgery after I did...BUT - I know why I'm not losing as fast - I listened to what the doctors and nurses told me PRE-Lapband but it went right out my other ear as quickly as I heard it because in the back of my mind, the band is going to do it for me !! WRONG!!! This is JUST A TOOL - I have to exercise and eat right - wow - 7 months and I JUST NOW figure it out ...they were telling me the truth all along. So hopefully I can start eating right, and exercising (UGH!)....and I hope to lose faster.

Best of luck to ALL OF US!! God bless.

I am a slow loser...I have only lost 40 lbs since July 07. I am really upset. When I eat something it either gets stuck and hurts and I drink warm Water to pass it through or throw up...or...I eat something and I feel it plop right through(which feels better)...I can't just eat a small amount and feel full, like I thought it was supposed to feel. I don't know if I should get a fill or get some of the liquid taken out of the band. It just hurts to eat if it dosen't pop right through...ohhhhh I am so confused to how I am supposed to feel when I eat...waaaa

I can't believe I read what you typed - that's exactly how I feel. At one appointment, the nurse said "Are you full after eating?" - I told her I didn't know what full felt like. I am beginning to think that my minds is telling me that I didn't eat enough, so I feel hungry - when I, too, am experiencing pain and even try to push more through - which is a noo nooooo because I'll stretch my pouch.

I like this site because when you read things like this - you relate to others, and you don't think you're the only one this is happening to!

I've started chew chew chewing everything to watery consistancy and I am starting to feel fuller, faster - without pain and throwing up. (Yes, I actually took the Dr's advice, go figure, huh?)

Best of luck!

I have only lost 40 lbs since my surgery of 12/31 and at my support group meetings, people have lost tons more than me and have had the surgery after I did...BUT - I know why I'm not losing as fast - I listened to what the doctors and nurses told me PRE-Lapband but it went right out my other ear as quickly as I heard it because in the back of my mind, the band is going to do it for me !! WRONG!!! This is JUST A TOOL - I have to exercise and eat right - wow - 7 months and I JUST NOW figure it out ...they were telling me the truth all along. So hopefully I can start eating right, and exercising (UGH!)....and I hope to lose faster.

Best of luck to ALL OF US!! God bless.

Janet,

I too am just like you, I had surgery 12/13/07 and have only lost 46lbs. I lost 19lbs in one month but I was hardly eating anything and throwing up a lot that month, my band was too tight. I am doing better now but I can't get past these last 2 lbs to get me to onederland.

It is frustrating, but like everyone keeps reminding me, it dod not come on over night.

I DO NOT work out. Like I should be, I go to work come home and have dinner and go to bed. Working out is/was a bad thing for me. I was forced to work out 15 years ago and hated it. I have a great aversion to physical activity that is forced on me. I am in the mind set now that it is not forced on me, this is something I want, a healthier life style, and to be thin. That requires me to workout. If i can resolve myself to just get off my a*% and move, I think the weight will start melting off like BUTTER.

So you are not alone, stick to what the doctor is telling you. They actually know what they are talking about. I am a hipocrit because I am not taking the same advise. I know it is true I just tend to ignore it and as long as I do I have to own up to the fact that this weight will not come off. The band is just one of many tools I have to lose weight.

Hello all!!!!!!! I'm having serious failure problems!! I'm embarrased to even tell everyone how much weight i HAVEN'T lost. My surgery was in January and i've only lost 15 pounds. I haven't been following rules all the time obviously and I need some positive thoughts, and support...........Help!!!

:(

Janet,

I too am just like you, I had surgery 12/13/07 and have only lost 46lbs. I lost 19lbs in one month but I was hardly eating anything and throwing up a lot that month, my band was too tight. I am doing better now but I can't get past these last 2 lbs to get me to onederland.

It is frustrating, but like everyone keeps reminding me, it dod not come on over night.

I've been working out faithfully for months(3-5x a week depending on my mood), I also mow the lawn 1=2X week (thanks to weed/feed it grows fast) , clean my house daily, chase my 3 old daughter all day long, walk the dog several times a day and just dance around alot acting like a total geek so I know I get alot of exercise and guess what? I don't lose very fast at all, but i'm WAY ahead of where i'd be if I hadn't had this surgery so i'm accepting that fact (sometimes I have my days) but overall i'm quite pleased. I see men (and sometimes women) noticing me again and I love the attention and my husband can't keep his paws off of me (lol)

I was banded May '07 and have only lost 41 lbs..and hey that last pound took me over two months! (I just weighed in this am and got that result and was sooooo happy) in fact looking back at my history I was only down 15 pounds for most of the first 7-8 months after my surgery-so if it makes you feel any better you're ahead of me in weight loss! It was my November '07 slight unfill that I really started to see some weight loss (I was too tight after the Aug. fill and was miserable and couldn't eat hardly anything) Keep working towards it and make sure and get lots of Water in.

Edited by Mischievous1

I see men (and sometimes women) noticing me again and I love the attention and my husband can't keep his paws off of me (lol)

I was banded May '07 and have only lost 41 lbs..and hey that last pound took me over two months! (I just weighed in this am and got that result and was sooooo happy) so if it makes you feel any better you're ahead of me in weight loss!

Keep up the good work. Any movement/workout is better then nothing. Heck raising and chasing a child around is enough for me. I get pooped out chasing around my grandchildren and niece.

The attention is nice isn't it. My husband is making comments again, and can't keep his hands off me. I LOVE IT! :thumbup::):( He is noticing and really liking what he sees. That is all worth the hassle, and discouragement I have faced.

Keep up the good work and ejoy the fact that you can keep up with your toddler. I can keep up better now then 8 months ago.

For what it is worth, I don't exercise either. Joint issues but I found by tracking (not dieting) just tracking what I eat and what type of physical movement I have such as ironing etc. it helped me keep the portions and choices to an honest level. Strange, as I lose weight slowly (.75 lbs per week) I find I have more energy and thus want to move more. My doctor told me that the fat stores estrogen and as I lose fat the estrogen is released thus the energy bursts. All I know, I have more energy now than I ever have had.

From reading posts, I find there are more slow losers than fast ones. I believe by focusing on my eating habits the weight will automatically come off. So far so good.

Doddie63 thanks for saying you would be my buddie!! I think by getting on this website daily it will help me tons!

Shortgal....here's the info

I'm at a 9 in a 10cc

I have medium restriction( i've only thrown up twice since Jan)

i don't eat alot.. but I'm eating the wrong things

I haven't been exercising, and I can very easily exercise.

I had a fill a week ago

So basically as I am typing this I am obviously looking for reasons that the band should be doing all the weightloss for me.......Not good!!!! The band is just a tool...Janet N Bama..........I just realized it too!!

Please help with some tools to get me back on track!!!

On the national news last night a study was revealed that individuals that kept track of what they ate steadily lost weight. Seems the record kept them honest and gave them a visual picture of their intake.

Personally I can't trust my eye and brain to agree what a portion is so I keep track of my daily intake on www.fitday.com. It is a bit of a bother to set up your favorite food but once you do that it just takes minutes a day.

The other thing, don't focus so much on the ugly word "exercise" focus more on moving. You know all the tricks, but are you putting into practice those tricks. Like parking farther away at the grocery store, taking a flight of stairs instead of the elevator, etc.

Keeping track of your food intake is not dieting. I factor in ice cream, Cookies, nachos from time to time. This way there is no resentment that I can't have what others do.

Hard work but I hope this helps you find the tools that work for you Good luck.

Doddie63 thanks for saying you would be my buddie!! I think by getting on this website daily it will help me tons!

I'm at a 9 in a 10cc

I had a fill a week ago

So basically as I am typing this I am obviously looking for reasons that the band should be doing all the weightloss for me.......Not good!!!! The band is just a tool...Janet N Bama..........I just realized it too!!

I'm at a 9 in a 10cc

I had a fill a week ago

Have you had an x-ray to check your band? I was at 9cc in a 10cc with minimal restriction (fruit goes down slow) and was just told by my Dr that my band is unlocked.

Please anyone that does not think they have the right restriction or does not feel full please aks to have your band checked.

For seven months I went for fills and waited for restriction. The last two months I have not lost a pouund ( despite my walking regularly) and now I found out why.

If your band is working, great, but if you think something could be wrong, please ask for an x-ray or other test.

Starting the exercise is the hardest part, once you start even a little it gets so much easier. Just start with a mile walk (everybody can find 20 mins).

Have you had an x-ray to check your band? I was at 9cc in a 10cc with minimal restriction (fruit goes down slow) and was just told by my Dr that my band is unlocked.

Please anyone that does not think they have the right restriction or does not feel full please aks to have your band checked.

For seven months I went for fills and waited for restriction. The last two months I have not lost a pouund ( despite my walking regularly) and now I found out why.

If your band is working, great, but if you think something could be wrong, please ask for an x-ray or other test.

Starting the exercise is the hardest part, once you start even a little it gets so much easier. Just start with a mile walk (everybody can find 20 mins).

Weird! So you had to go back under the knife to get it "re-locked"? I'm assuming it wasnt just flapping around but because it wasn't locked it was expanding and causing the lack of fullness??

I have not had the second surgery to fix the band yet. I have an appt next week with my Dr. to ask a LOT of questions.

They stitch the band to the stomach, so I am assuming that is what is holding it in place at this point.

I wanted others to be aware of this problem because if it can happen once , it can happen again.

I have a thread in complications and I will add info to that after the appt with my Dr.

i'm having my band checked on monday morning to make sure everything is okay............thanks for all of the good information and words of encouragement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do i get my tracker to move?

Go to your profile, double click on it - that will open up the site that you created it in initially. You will enter your password and can edit from there. Once you edit, you will have to copy the code back over into your profile like you did in the beginning. Good Luck.

I can't seem to loose anything. I was banded 5 months ago and initially lost 10 pounds, then regained 12. I'm currently down 6 pounds but that's due to my starting back on my metformen for insulin resistance. My band is only at 2.5cc's but feels tight enough that I get stuck quite a bit, so I don't think I could stand anymore. Any advice?:thumbup:

I guess we got moved. We have a new spot on the main page where it will

be easier for people to find the rest of the slow losers.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!