Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tuna Fish

I use a whole fresh lime and try to get lots of pulp out. Mash the tuna so it's super smooth and make the onions really tiny and add cilantro to your taste (I use tons.)Sometimes I add celery or lemon pepper or whatever else I find - even a shot of hot sauce. Lemme know how ya love it!

Another super simple one and a switch from tuna is canned salmon. Squeeze out the liquid from a large can, mash in an egg and some bread crumbs & parsley. Make into patties and fry in a couple dribbles olive oil. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon and a few drops of Tobasco. Chris puts the cold leftover salmon cakes with mayo in a sandwich and eats them all gone!

If any of you live near a costco, ya gotta try the Talipia. It is so easy. They were doing a demo with it the other day. Spray a frying pan, then a little butter, salt and pepper and omg, yummmmm. Less time to cook the fish than to clean up, although if you use the right pan, clean up is a breeze too.

I froze mine individually so I could just pop them in the pan. I do put in Water, (while still in the ziploc bag) for a few minutes to thaw.

I load my tuna on carrots and celery alternated with a few wheat or rye crisp crackers. This way I don't feel like I'm eating just veggies, plus I'm always trying to sneak in Fiber. Carrots keep my system "happy" if you get my drift.

OK dump question from a not yet banded person. Do you eat the tuna salad then as is or can you eat it on a cracker. or a piece of dark toasted bread Or are crackers and dark breads and no no.

Shamrock,

We can have crackers and breads(no white breads) so you can use then=m if they fit into that meal plan.

I take solid white albacore packed in Water, mix it with fat free Mircle Whip, Sweet pickle realish a dab of mustard and a little squeez of lemon. Some chopped onions, sprinkle a few imitation bacon bites on it then wrap it in lettcue leafs and make a Lettuce Wrap meal.

I've gotten into wrapping a lot of stuff into lettuce wrap style. Had that for the first time when in Vegas in Dec. At a Chinesse Rrest. (can't remember the name) and it was great. SO I experiment with stuff now.

I try to stay away from any bread unless it's in French Onion Soup. I do eat chicken/tuna/egg salad on Rits wheat crackers (not all at once, lol). I often have egg salad in the AM, for a Protein start to the day, I buy it by the pound.

Kelly that's wonderful that you've now gotten rid of all your unhealthy foods, we only have one heart, we gotta take care of it.

Lisa, Im sitting here eating the tuna mix idea you gave (lime, onion)....but I added my own seasoning and chopped a jalapeno with some of the juice from the jalapeno's bottle.

This is the 3rd time Ive made this in about 3 days....

I like it. Alot. Its delicious!!

Its the lime that makes it so good.