Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Movie was a blast!!!! There was a young couple say 16 or so. Then 2 other women with a young boy about Kinsey's age, and that was it!!! We raised the arms between about 4 seats, and made ourselves a nice sofa!!! It is stadium seating, so she could lay there with her head in my lap and watch. We got a medium popcorn and 2 small drinks, and I brought the pop corn home well over half full, for her to snack on tomorrow. We snuggled and giggled, had a wonderful time. She tells me "Granny I really love you with all my heart!" One of the women with the little boy tells me, "that just brought tears to my eyes! I think I will take her home with me!"

Rick and I have been ebaying knives tonight. He collects old American made fixed blade knives....he spent too much $$$$!!

Now we are off to bed. Great day here!

Jen, I agree with Suzanne---we are here for that!!! We all come here to get support! That means you too!

OK---I am off to bed! My resolution is hanging so far---getting more rest, and I DO feel better!!!

Hugs~~

Kat

hi girls! I was barely able to get in 2 Liters of Water today... Dark and stormy in Houston tonight. Lucky Tracy gets to stay home tomorrow! Good luck with your interview tomorrow Jenn. We'll all be thinking of you.

Suzie! You are looking great!! You look so much younger than the picture in your avatar!

Laura - did you get my email? I'd be happy to help!

I'm off to bed now. I don't know why I've been so tired lately...

Sweet dreams ya'll...

I FOUND MY PEOPLE!!! I've miss you all!

Kat~ I am in "talks" w/ the doc about it. Especially w/ the bad pap, etc. Will know more next month.

Glad the violets are back up and running. I pm'd Laura and asked, "where the hell are the violets"!

OK...gotta work, lol

Hysterectomy & bands = best thing I've EVER done for myself. Just wish I would have done them both 10 years sooner! LOL

I suggested the name. We were banded in April so we wanted to go w/ a spring theme. Now we are violet strong!

Question? I keep reading in all the mags with all the articles on "Diets" and one thing they seem to all have incommon is that they all recommend that you keep a journal of what you eat. Write it down. Even Weight Watchers is big on that. So, does anyone here do that? Do any of you keep a record of what you eat? Let me know your thoughts on this.

Good morning everyone! I finally got a fill apt scheduled for next Tue. I am so happy and I really need one. I have not lost a pound in 3 weeks. I am still working out the two days a week. I know its not much but it's better then nothing. I think next week I will bump it another day.

Sorry for not personally responding to everyone. I am still trying to remember who is who.

I am no help when it comes to spanish. I failed that class...lol.

I took my kids to the chipmunk movie and loved it.

have a good day.

Shannon

Question? I keep reading in all the mags with all the articles on "Diets" and one thing they seem to all have incommon is that they all recommend that you keep a journal of what you eat. Write it down. Even Weight Watchers is big on that. So, does anyone here do that? Do any of you keep a record of what you eat? Let me know your thoughts on this.

I keep track of everything that goes into my mouth....there are a few days that I forget, but I'm pretty faithful. You don't realize how many calories you're eating until you track them! WOW I was eating a LOT!!! No wonder I'm fat LOL...I use Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program to keep track of my calorie intake, my exercise and my weight.

WOWSER - I have finally caught back up to date. Shrinking Violets are a chatty bunch - and of course I can't skip a post -- :)

Great designs Laura.

Suzie - definetly see difference and great progress!

I am not losing - fighting to stay at or just less than 250 lb. This has been going on since mid october. Old feelings of diet failure are returning. Yesterday I did start riding my bike again. Eatting is my problem- I don't eat as much as I use to -- but I can eat things I am not suppose to be able to -- and not getting the full feeling. Doctor says I am as tight as can be -- just my esphogus muscle is not working now. Asked me if I was taking any narcodic's - I am not -- so the wind is out of my sails right now. You are all doing so well -- great job - keep up the great work!

Gina - It's so good to see you back! We missed you!!! What does the doctor say about "your esophagus muscle not working"? ...what the HECK does that mean??? And what the HECK can you do about it?? Weird! So you can eat grilled chicken and eggs?? :eek: Girlfriend, about 1/2 of us are in a stall right now, so you are definitely NOT alone! Come visit more often. These girls are helping me to get back on track....although i'm not quite there yet, but closer than I was a month ago!
I swear something is wrong with my brain. Yesterday at work I told Jill when I relieved her to "Have a great weekend". She just looked at me like I was nuts. She said you do know it's Monday.

So, even though tomorrow is not an official CTCD. Do it anyway.

And don't forget about the Water.

LOL!!! That's too funny....and mos def sounds like something i would do! I'm so retarded sometimes. Ok, I'll get on board with the CTCD. Really, I will!!
I have, and do so much better when i do!!! I used Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate.
Good morning everyone! I finally got a fill apt scheduled for next Tue. I am so happy and I really need one. I have not lost a pound in 3 weeks.
ROFL!! Three ENTIRE WEEKS??!?!??? :) Sorry... I'm bitter. Can you tell?

Love you guys. Have a great day! (Especially YOU, Tracy!! Dang, i wish i had today off too! It's gross outside!!!)

Good Morning, Violets.

Cloudy and dreary out today in Florida. But it's better than the snow and freezing temps in Michigan right now.

I have kept a journal since the day of surgery. I write in what I eat, whether I took my Vitamin, how much Water I have during the day and what the weather is like and any diary type things I want to write. I know it's been 40 weeks and one day since my surgery and I can go back and read how I have felt every single day since surgery. I've never kept a journal/diary this long in my life. Don't know how much longer I'll do it, but it's really interesting already to go back and read it from the start. I'm on my second journal book and probably will go through a few more before I'm done.

Time to take a shower, have Breakfast and get ready for the day. Everyone make it a good one!!

Morning V's~

Susie, I write every cal. down. For 1/2 c. cottage cheese I write 100B or 100S for the snack packs, etc. I was writing the food down but what I really want is the cal count so I changed. I write on a calendar, that way I can see past and it lends itself to neatly keep records.

PURPLE POWER Jenn! Let us know how it goes!

Kinda crazy day here for me. It is minimum day. We are all gooing out to lunch, then we have meetings and Jackie made homemade (close your eyes everyone) choc. choc. chip Cookies w/ Peanut Butter AND homemade salsa. I think I am going to bring some of my chips cause they are reduced fat....I am ALL over that salsa. Then we are going to the store quickly to buy appetizers for a baby shower from 3-5...then, you guessed it...JAZZERCISE! The nice part will be coming home to Susanne tonight! She is coming in early for the long weekend!

Have a great day!

xoxoxoxo:lol::) ooo new smilies. Hey, that mean guy is gone???

Headed into a long weekend here too. Rick is off the next 4 days. We had planned on going to Denver to the Stock Show, and to see family. But now my Mom is sick, and with Dad just having surgery, not sure whether we will go or not. I missed my favorite part of the weekend anyway---so if we don't go it is ok. They drive Texas longhorns through LoDo--Lower Downtown Denver---right through the big financial district! It is so ridiculous looking, all these longhorns amid the tall buildings, and the suits mixing with the horsemen, and cowboys! The stock show is lots of fun, but I always end up spending a fortune!

Preparation keeps me on track much more than writing it down. If I plan ahead for having things available for snacking---separated into serving size if necessary---keeps me from overdoing! If I go to the kitchen and can grab a yogurt, or something ready at hand--I am less likely to binge on something not as good for me! And with grandkids, I always have a houseful of not good for me things! My DIL got irritable that I never had Cookies for Connor, so she buys them and leaves them here----and I know you will find this hard to believe but the only one I have seen eat any is her!

If I buy a brick of cheddar cheese, if I will take and cut some up in small diced squares,and fill a few zip locks with it, then I can grab it, when I leave out to go somewhere, and Kinsey and I snack on it, as opposed to her wanting chips, and Granny having one or 2!!!

I buy chicken breasts in bulk, so when I cook them for something I usually will dice up an extra and cook it in garlic and olive oil. We like it, Kinsey likes it so much better than popcorn chicken, she tries peeling the popcorn chicken!!!

I think it all goes back to how we each learn differently----we each will have strong points in how we approach the weight loss. The way some learn by hearing, others doing....makes sense. Ok, makes sense to ME!!

Today I plan on getting as much done here at home as possible to free us up this long weekend if possible. I had plans to meet my friend Marie for lunch, but we tend to sit and yack for an hour or longer over tea after lunch, so I usually leave Kinsey with my Mom. With her being sick, I may cancel---she is good in restaurants, while she is eating, but I want to concentrate on my friend, not on a 3 year old--------and they tend to be the center of attention in those situations!

So guess I will do laundry, and mop--all the fun chores!!

It is not supposed to get anywhere near above freezing today. Our highs will be in the 20's. Not a day to do anything but stay by the fire anyway I suppose!

Guess I will go get my elliptical time in! BBL~~

Kat