Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Orea, it sounds like you have been through the hoops! Will you be surprised to go to the hospital on surgery day (July 30!!!) and find that they are actually going to do this thing? Some days I feel like that will be my reaction - "Are you serious???" Waiting is a bummer. I'm just trying to keep my spirits up and trying to stay on a reasonable eating/exercise plan while I wait. I enjoy your posts so much, please keep us up to date on what's happening with you.

Hugs,

I'll probably get nervous a day or two before. Or maybe not! Right now I'm looking forward to it and I'm sorry I'll be unconscious because I'd love to watch the monitor and see the whole thing. As a matter of fact, I'm going to ask the surgeon on Thursday if it is possible for me to geta DVD of my procedure to watch. I think it would be cool to see my insides. I really enjoyed seeing the trip through my intestines during my colonoscopy. I was so pretty and pink inside.

Can you tell there was a time when I wanted to be a doctor? LOL

I was banded on May 23rd but my nurse at fillcentersusa requires liquids before a fill and at least 2 days after a fill to allow swelling to subside. I find that some foods I used to crave and still want to eat just out of habit, don't even taste good to me anymore. they are just not that appealing. And even pizza, which is my favorite food, I just don't want to eat as much as before. I don't think it is because I feel that full; I just get tired of eating it.

I was banded on May 23rd but my nurse at fillcentersusa requires liquids before a fill and at least 2 days after a fill to allow swelling to subside. I find that some foods I used to crave and still want to eat just out of habit, don't even taste good to me anymore. they are just not that appealing. And even pizza, which is my favorite food, I just don't want to eat as much as before. I don't think it is because I feel that full; I just get tired of eating it.

Oh yuck, I am sure glad I didn't have to do that. I just couldnt' eat 2 hours before the fill, liquids for 5-6 hours, soft foods that night for dinner, and back to regular food the next day. I am also finding some of the foods I wanted before aren't appealling, but there's still some that I see and want. Just gotta make sure they aren't in my house!

Thanks Long......The Daily Plate is really handy. I bumped my calories up to 700 today. Maybe I will sleep better tonight.

Hope you hear soon on your test.

Thanks Long......The Daily Plate is really handy. I bumped my calories up to 700 today. Maybe I will sleep better tonight.

Hope you hear soon on your test.

I just talked to the nurse in my sugeons office. Probably won't hear til Thurs. as he's out of town. She may be able to go over the results with him over the phone but doubtful. GRRRR

Why are the calories affecting your sleep? Are you waking up hungry? For me when I eat really low, I am sleepy so have no troubles. LOL I was that way the day of my fill as I was on liquids for most of the day and had one mushy thing (refried beans) for dinner and very few of thoes. I conked out early and slept late.

Oh Long, I've had the hoops to go through, too. I don't think it is any different than most folks, but it does seem like you are left sitting high and dry with not much information for long periods of time. Suddenly you will get a call - they need something else. I'm very proactive and respond to whatever they request as quickly as I can. Then I sit and wait for the next request - weeks at a time. Now I am told I need a sleep study. I can drive 1.5 hours to the hospital for this or have it done locally with my PCP's assistance, but his office needs a formal request from LB doc, then my PCP reviews it, and calls me to schedule it. I took care of my part within 2 hours of getting this request last week. I talked to the PCP's office today - they have not yet received the fax requesting sleep study for me. So first thing in the morning I call the LB office and remind them to send it. LB office has scheduled my consultation with surgeon for 9/3, but I have to have the sleep study first and report on her desk so somebody needs to do something. I am determined to be a squeaky wheel, although a nice squeaky wheel. After all, they hold my band in their hands!

(you are probably sorry you asked! Thanks for letting me vent a little!)

I just talked to the nurse in my sugeons office. Probably won't hear til Thurs. as he's out of town. She may be able to go over the results with him over the phone but doubtful. GRRRR

Why are the calories affecting your sleep? Are you waking up hungry? For me when I eat really low, I am sleepy so have no troubles. LOL I was that way the day of my fill as I was on liquids for most of the day and had one mushy thing (refried beans) for dinner and very few of thoes. I conked out early and slept late.

Yes, I am waking up hungry at 3am. So, today I bumped up the calorie intake and make some instant potatoes....1/4 c. and an extra Protein shake. Hopefully, I will sleep better. I am still a little sore too. How long did you wait for a fill? I go on Monday for a follow up. I hope I get a fill in a month.

Looks like Hurricane Dolly is going to mess up my walking routine. We will get rain bands for a couple of days even though we are not in the warnings. I guess I will get on the ole stationary bike.

Charlene, I do the same thing. I can't sleep when I am hungry. If I don't have enough fuel, I wake up in the wee hours of the morning. I've started saving an Optifast drink for that purpose, and it helps.

Orea

Charlene, I do the same thing. I can't sleep when I am hungry. If I don't have enough fuel, I wake up in the wee hours of the morning. I've started saving an Optifast drink for that purpose, and it helps.

Orea

Well, I have some yogurt for the early morning. I don't want to crank up the majic bullet and wake up DH. I am hoping the increase of calories will help tonight.

I'll probably get nervous a day or two before. Or maybe not! Right now I'm looking forward to it and I'm sorry I'll be unconscious because I'd love to watch the monitor and see the whole thing. As a matter of fact, I'm going to ask the surgeon on Thursday if it is possible for me to geta DVD of my procedure to watch. I think it would be cool to see my insides. I really enjoyed seeing the trip through my intestines during my colonoscopy. I was so pretty and pink inside.

Can you tell there was a time when I wanted to be a doctor? LOL

Orea, you are a wild woman!! I was out cold for my colonoscopy and that was just fine with me! I can watch those shows on TV, but did not care to watch my own colon exploration...

If anybody has the chance to read Dave Barry's description of his colonoscopy please do so. It's probably the funniest piece I have ever read.

Looking for a multiple Vitamin that doesn't taste too bad. Does anyone have one that they like? Would appreciate some ideas. Thanks

OMG--you all have to go to that link from the Denver Post and read how people responded. I was so fired up I had to register and post my own comment. It was obvious to me that the persons reading the Post are clueless about WLS. why we do it and the benefits it has.

Yes, I am waking up hungry at 3am. So, today I bumped up the calorie intake and make some instant potatoes....1/4 c. and an extra Protein Shake. Hopefully, I will sleep better. I am still a little sore too. How long did you wait for a fill? I go on Monday for a follow up. I hope I get a fill in a month.

Looks like Hurricane Dolly is going to mess up my walking routine. We will get rain bands for a couple of days even though we are not in the warnings. I guess I will get on the ole stationary bike.

I had to wait til my 6th week to get a fill. I had great restriction but can tell it's a lot less already only a week later. Will see how the next week goes and if need I can get another, just have to wait 2 weeks between fills.

OMG--you all have to go to that link from the Denver Post and read how people responded. I was so fired up I had to register and post my own comment. It was obvious to me that the persons reading the Post are clueless about WLS. why we do it and the benefits it has.

Not all of us reading the Post are!! :seeya: But those comments are the main reason I was scared to tell folks about having the surgery as there does seem to be a stigma attached to it or a lot of misinformed or misunderstanding folks out there. Maybe it has to be with Denver just having been named the post fit city in the nation. LOL I told Dan my surgery tipped the scales in Denvers favor. ha ha Seriously though, please don't lump me with the clueless persons, as I am in Denver and read the post.

I went to the doctor today and I FINALLY have a banding date: August 6th! I start all fluids tomorrow until surgery. I just can't wrap my mind around that yet, but I am excited that the big day is just around the corner.