Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I just happened to be in the right store at the right time when I bought my Wii. But, I've seen them in Fred Meyer and Target since then. If I were you, I'd ask your local stores when is the best time to come in and get one. They might even put you on a waiting list and call you. The Wii Fit I pre-ordered on Wal-Mart.com, so I got mine in the mail the day they were released.

OK, I'm gona check out ebay, I tried Target, Wal-mart, Sears and K-mart and had no luck. 4_14_6.gif

Thanks again, wish me luck because it sounds like something I will get alot of use out of and it looks like fun,,36_1_34.gif

Thanks Carol and yes you did make me feel better. I am glad that it all worked out for you, my issues could be alot worse so I am very grateful that I, at least, got the surgery done with no problems. Thank God for this site and you wonderful people who care enough to give a little input which can make such a big difference.

Take care,

Yvonne

Christy,

Gas...... Sure know what that is like! I was banded in Jan. and still go through daily gas spells. After surgery you are gassy because of the gas they fill your stomach with to do the surgery. Then certain foods can cause gas. My gas seems to be brought on by dairy products. I never was lactose intolerent before the band.

Stay with DRS. orders to be on the liquid diet for as long as they say to. It is your stomachs healing time. Don't expect to lose a lot of weight at this time. The weight will come off in due time if you use your new tool , the lap band.

Best of luck!

Tessa1

I mean thank you Dandy75......

Your welcome and my name is really Carol, my profile for this board is dandy75, so I go by either one. 62.giff?id=10492

I am new to this and I am feeling frustrated..have not lost any weight in a week or two/feel I should be losing more but have not been exercising as I have a bulging disc that is acting up..helped to read "tool" because I find that , obviously, it is up to you..might be feeling some regret and dissapointment in myself/feel like I should be losing more (23 pounds) in 6 weeks.It initially came off quickly, but I wasn't eating anything/hard to get enought Water in/ had one fill last week/ it helped but now my weight goes up a pound then down a pound.:laugh:

I feel like I have hit a "mental wall". Keep finding myself eating things I shouldn'e... feel like I do with any diet before.... hit a great loss and then try to sabotogue myself. Hve seen myself increase my calories by 600 in the past week. But I do get out end exercise at least 5 times a week. Trying hard to get back on track.

Have my 3 month follow up tomorow and see how I am doing in their eyes. Then a second fill on Thursday.. Hope things change for the better and I get myself back on track.

Continue to have a great weekend...

Lynnt.

Been there, still there some days......

This is what I've learned so far. The demons that got you in the situation of eating to replace what ever emotions you are trying to avoid feeling, are still there until you look at them and deal with them. This is not easy to do and it seems for me, that like an addict ( in this case food ), it is a daily struggle. Some days are easier than others.

The other thing I've learned is that being kind to your self and not being too hard on yourself when you do eat off the program ,helps you get back on track sooner.

Just my observation.

I hav:lol:e lost 85 lbs. and am within 3-4 lbs. of my goal. Today I am up a pound. No worries , because I know I stayed on track.

Hang in there, Lynn. After your fill you will feel less like eating more.

Best wishes,

Tessa1:thumbup::laugh:

I am trying not to be frustrated with myself too. Since I went off the liquids and have started eating I haven't lost any weight in about 2 weeks. I initially could only get in about 500 cals per day and have worked up to 800 cals per day but I notice myself wanting to snack again and have things I know that I shouldn't be having. Last night I went to a wedding shower for my soon to be daughter in law and I had a margarita and chips, ham, and a little cake. I ended up having to run to the bathroom to throw it back up. It is not really throwing up, it just came right back up. Today I have told myself that I will only have Protein Drinks until this evening. I am throwing a 30th birthday party for my son. I am just going to have a Protein Drink before we eat and then just have a few bites. I am going for my first fill on 6/11 and my sister and I are joining a gym this week. Becky

Hi everyone, I haven't posted for awhile, but I've been reading. I'm in Nashville now for 9 glorious days on vacation. Today is our first day of exploring and our festivities start tonite with front row seats to Restless Heart at the Wildhorse Saloon.

I can relate to all of you above who are struggling right now with the ups and downs of your weightloss as I've struggled with 1 lb going up and down for the last 3 weeks. But if you just set your mind to it and get up and do your exercises EVERYDAY you should see your weight to start going down again. I say this because I've been out of town 3 weekends in a row now counting this week in Nashville and I've not been able to stay on plan either but last week when I came home I did my treadmill every day and stayed on my diet plan and saw another 3 lbs drop off just since Tuesday. If I can do this I know the rest of you can too. My physchologist suggested while I'm on my trip this week to have a Protein shake before I go to dinner since evening time seems to be my worst problem times. She said this should help my cravings for high carb foods. I brought my Protein drinks with me and I have good intentions of trying this, but with so many temptations here, I'll let you know how it goes when I return. Right now my goal is to not gain back the 3 lbs that I just lost since Tuesday.

By the way, we ended up staying in a hotel and driving down in the car instead of our RV due to the high price of diesel and the hotel has free wireless internet so I will be able to log in here daily to read and post if I need to just so I can be accountable to myself, lol.

Well DH is still in bed and I've already gone for a banana and orange juice for Breakfast, but think I'll go for a walk now, so talk later.

Hi Teri, enjoy your vacation, sounds like a lot of fun. My goal this week is just to exercise more, have a Protein Shake in the evening because that is my tricky time too, and try to stay off the scale for a week. Thanks for your post. Becky

I am new to this and I am feeling frustrated..have not lost any weight in a week or two/feel I should be losing more but have not been exercising as I have a bulging disc that is acting up..helped to read "tool" because I find that , obviously, it is up to you..might be feeling some regret and dissapointment in myself/feel like I should be losing more (23 pounds) in 6 weeks.It initially came off quickly, but I wasn't eating anything/hard to get enought Water in/ had one fill last week/ it helped but now my weight goes up a pound then down a pound.:P

Suggestion - weigh in only once a week - 23 lbs in 6 weeks is very good - and can't expect to lose 3.83 lbs every week - I am happy when it shows 1/2 lbs loss - we didn't gain over night we aren't going to lose it overnight - it takes time - but if you work it (make healthy food choices) it is going to come off - you need to find an exercise that you can do with your back problem - can you walk - that's all I did for the 1st 7 months was walk on the treadmill

I feel like I have hit a "mental wall". Keep finding myself eating things I shouldn'e... feel like I do with any diet before.... hit a great loss and then try to sabotogue myself. Hve seen myself increase my calories by 600 in the past week. But I do get out end exercise at least 5 times a week. Trying hard to get back on track.

Have my 3 month follow up tomorow and see how I am doing in their eyes. Then a second fill on Thursday.. Hope things change for the better and I get myself back on track.

Continue to have a great weekend...

Lynn as you are finding out this is more about the head work than anything else - Suggestion - Don't buy the crap you like to snack on - got throw it all away (better in thee (the trash) than in me) and buy only healthy low calorie foods to eat

I am trying not to be frustrated with myself too. Since I went off the liquids and have started eating I haven't lost any weight in about 2 weeks. I initially could only get in about 500 cals per day and have worked up to 800 cals per day but I notice myself wanting to snack again and have things I know that I shouldn't be having. Last night I went to a wedding shower for my soon to be daughter in law and I had a margarita and chips, ham, and a little cake. I ended up having to run to the bathroom to throw it back up. It is not really throwing up, it just came right back up. Today I have told myself that I will only have Protein drinks until this evening. I am throwing a 30th birthday party for my son. I am just going to have a Protein drink before we eat and then just have a few bites. I am going for my first fill on 6/11 and my sister and I are joining a gym this week. Becky

Becky - IMHO the protein drink theroy isn't really good - protein drinks have calories too - it's liquid and flows right through the stomach -Real food is going to keep you full longer - Imho I would just make sure that you make some lowfat s/f stuff for your upcoming party and limit yourself on what you are going to eat.. Plan Plan Plan You can have that tiny piece of cake but it has to be within your calorie budget and what are you doing for exercise -Good that you are joinging the gym - if you over eat you got to over exercise to counter the extra calories..' I see that you are going w/your sister - For some the exercise buddy thing is good but if for whatever reason she can't make your exercise date - don't let that be an excuse that you can't go alone..

Hi everyone, I haven't posted for awhile, but I've been reading. I'm in Nashville now for 9 glorious days on vacation. Today is our first day of exploring and our festivities start tonite with front row seats to Restless Heart at the Wildhorse Saloon.

I can relate to all of you above who are struggling right now with the ups and downs of your weightloss as I've struggled with 1 lb going up and down for the last 3 weeks. But if you just set your mind to it and get up and do your exercises EVERYDAY you should see your weight to start going down again. I say this because I've been out of town 3 weekends in a row now counting this week in Nashville and I've not been able to stay on plan either but last week when I came home I did my treadmill every day and stayed on my diet plan and saw another 3 lbs drop off just since Tuesday. If I can do this I know the rest of you can too. My physchologist suggested while I'm on my trip this week to have a Protein shake before I go to dinner since evening time seems to be my worst problem times. She said this should help my cravings for high carb foods. I brought my protein drinks with me and I have good intentions of trying this, but with so many temptations here, I'll let you know how it goes when I return. Right now my goal is to not gain back the 3 lbs that I just lost since Tuesday.

By the way, we ended up staying in a hotel and driving down in the car instead of our RV due to the high price of diesel and the hotel has free wireless internet so I will be able to log in here daily to read and post if I need to just so I can be accountable to myself, lol.

Well DH is still in bed and I've already gone for a banana and orange juice for Breakfast, but think I'll go for a walk now, so talk later.

Great planing - that's the ticket and the exercise - I know it's harder when you aren't in your normal routine -but we all have to find ways to take care of us while on vacation - In a couple weeks going to sisters for a few days - thinking about how I will get my exercise in - will ramp it up a little before I go and when I am there will just take some long walks.

I'm new, at this and over 50. My surgery date is Jan 24th. Now that I have a date I'm happy, excited and scared all at the same time.

Di

Dallas

I had my band done on May 23rd and I am 56. I have diabetes, HC, HBP, bad knees, bad joints all due to weight. Just a week after my BAND was in I feel so good I can't believe it's ME in this body. LOL Cheer up us women after 50 can do it.

As to vacations, I am not banded yet, but just got back home from an Alaskan cruise. There was food available 24 hours a day. It is possible. I tried to remember the guidelines my surgeon gave me, eat Protein first. Pretend your plate is a clock from 12 to 9 is Protein, from 9 to 12 is fruits and veggies. Plus I walked a lot when I could (bad knee, bone on bone arthritis) and I came home only half a pound heavier!! I was thrilled with that!

Tomorrow is a big day for me, I find out if my surgery gets moved up to this Thurs or Friday. Right now I am scheduled for the 12th but have all my clearances, am self pay, and have my funds. I am to call tomorrow and see if I can get scheduled in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send some positive vibes for me! It's so close I can almost believe it's really happening!!