Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

You know, I could never figure out how to do WW. I went to the meetings more to get weighed to stay accountable. Those points seemed very complicated. It's easier just to count calories for me.

Janet, that's good that you can still eat pizza. Most people with restriction can't. I can, if it's thin and crispy.

Denise I can eat almost anything - I haven't tried a submarine sandwich or any kind of bread like that cuz I know it would't work - but as far as food goes yep I can eat most things - slowly and chew small bites - it was brooklyn style - not the thick crust kind

When I 1st did WW is was exchanges - 2 breads 3 protiens 5 veggies 2 dairy - I really just follow their balanced eating plan - cuz I can have my starches without guilt - they have no bad food - good food - it's about choices.

after so many attempts at weight watchers, I know this is my internal motivator. I remember the portion size, good and bad foods, now I can put them to use succesfully...and so far I am exstatic with my results. And moving forward for more of the same, with some ups and downs along the way.

The band is my helping hand to success with my weight loss. Along with support from friends, family and everyone here on this thread.

Lynn - love your way of thinking - sounds like someone I know very well (me :thumbup:)

I enjoy the thoughts, struggles and success of everyone here

We are all on the same journey and even though at different stages have something helpful to add. :biggrin2: :smile: and it is the best support I can think of.

Hi All,

I sure feel dumb, I've been on this site since Jan 08 when I started my journey towards being banded. I kept looking in the Fifties group but hadn't been seeing that many new threads and I was thinking there aren't that many of us on here.....Until today when I finally looked under the "Hey 50 & over gang....." and checked in and here you all are. Thank God. I've spent most of today reading all back posts for the month of April so I feel like I know alot of you. I was banded Apr 23rd so its been 8 days now. Had a terrible time with pain meds so I just used Tylenol. I am still fairly sore but trying to move around as much as possible.

One new thing, I had a bit of milk today for the first time and I'm feeling terrible shortly after drinking it. My stomach is feeling painful. I use to be big time milk drinker but now wondering if I will be able to.

I go for my post op appt tommorrow morning. Nice to meet you all and I"ll be on here chatting more often.

Yvonne

Welcome! I can't imagine milk will give you any trouble after you're all healed up.

Tell us more about yourself. Where do you live?

I grew up and live in the San Francisco Bay area, now near the airport. I've been overweight for 30 yrs, have 3 kids, & 4 grandkids and live with my boyfriend of 1 1/2 yrs. I am an administrator for a computer training company in SF which makes my blindness to finding you even more hilarious. I had been thinking of gastric bypass surgery for years but stopped because an aunt died several days after having gastric bypass in 2001. I now realize that she was in VERY bad health being 4'11" and 397. Then I've had a few friends have it over last few years and they were doing pretty good so I started thinking of it again. As soon as I read about lapband in Jan, it was like an epiphany and I just knew that this would be the final help I need to get my weight down to a healthy level. I'm hoping that will happen and actually pretty surprised at the 25 lbs I've lost since Jan 08. 15 lbs pre-surgery and 10 more in the last 8 days.

I grew up and live in the San Francisco Bay area, now near the airport. I've been overweight for 30 yrs, have 3 kids, & 4 grandkids and live with my boyfriend of 1 1/2 yrs. I am an administrator for a computer training company in SF which makes my blindness to finding you even more hilarious. I had been thinking of gastric bypass surgery for years but stopped because an aunt died several days after having gastric bypass in 2001. I now realize that she was in VERY bad health being 4'11" and 397. Then I've had a few friends have it over last few years and they were doing pretty good so I started thinking of it again. As soon as I read about Lap Band in Jan, it was like an epiphany and I just knew that this would be the final help I need to get my weight down to a healthy level. I'm hoping that will happen and actually pretty surprised at the 25 lbs I've lost since Jan 08. 15 lbs pre-surgery and 10 more in the last 8 days.

Welcome and congratulations on your success so far.

You're on your way to a healthier life!

We are fairly familiar with your area as our son lives at Moffett Field and we visit him twice a year on our way back & forth from Desert Hot Springs with our RV. He's been stationed in the area for a couple of years. We like to travel 101 and seems like we cross over to 280 somewhere near the airport.

Hi everyone! I've missed being here so much. My home computer has been down for almost 3 weeks & too busy at work. The computer guy left a little while ago & could hardly stand it. I have to go back about a month to catch up, but wanted to say "Hey"!

I had my 3rd fill last week and finally feel good restriction......help has arrived! It does make a difference. Doing well. Also, went to family doc this week and I'm no longer borderline diabetic (sugar normal), he took me off high blood pressure meds & even lowered my thyroid medication a little. WOW.....it is so amazing what the weight does to our health.

YVONNE! Welcome back & congratulations on your new band. I hope your journey is a smooth one....it's a great gift.

DENISE & JANET! Girls! You have done fantastic. Denise you made goal & Janet is right behind you. How exciting. You know you guys are such an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for sharing with us.

Everyone take care. I'm going to start reading now, to catch up.

Carol

Yvonneb3 - congratulations on the band and welcome. Its good to hear you're doing so well.

Hi everyone! I've missed being here so much. My home computer has been down for almost 3 weeks & too busy at work. The computer guy left a little while ago & could hardly stand it. I have to go back about a month to catch up, but wanted to say "Hey"!

I had my 3rd fill last week and finally feel good restriction......help has arrived! It does make a difference. Doing well. Also, went to family doc this week and I'm no longer borderline diabetic (sugar normal), he took me off high blood pressure meds & even lowered my thyroid medication a little. WOW.....it is so amazing what the weight does to our health. Everyone take care. I'm going to start reading now, to catch up. Carol

Well, THERE you are!! So glad to see you back, Carol! Sorry for your computer troubles.

I'd be going through withdrawl after 3 wks of no LBT!!

Sounds like your are doing GREAT! Sure makes a difference when the restriction is there, doesn't it. Great medical gains for you, too. I'm now off one of my cholesterol meds. My doc is very pleased with my blood pressure, but she's not quite ready to let me try reducing one of those meds. I am supposed to see a pulmonologist to see if my CPAP needs to be readjusted, but didn't make an appointment yet. Night before last, I woke up in the morning without my mask on... must have fallen back asleep after a trip to the BR without putting it back on. It had to have been off for several hours and DH says he never heard me snoring at all, so must be getting better in that dept, too.

Yvonneb3; welcome aboard. I too am over 50, and stumbled upon this site by accident. Glad I found it... Have you got your protien drinks figured out for yourself yet? If not really sure,, then go to ebay and type in Muscle Milk Light. Lots of flavors to choose from, this stuff is good for you, and it tastes good. Just food for thought, since you mentioned the milk. Don't go to a health food store though, you'll pay threw the nose. I was on there site today and I found jugs for as low as $16.50. That's dirt cheap for this stuff. If interested look around, or get back to me, and I will gladley help you. Shirley..

Well, THERE you are!! So glad to see you back, Carol! Sorry for your computer troubles.

I'd be going through withdrawl after 3 wks of no LBT!!

Sounds like your are doing GREAT! Sure makes a difference when the restriction is there, doesn't it. Great medical gains for you, too. I'm now off one of my cholesterol meds. My doc is very pleased with my blood pressure, but she's not quite ready to let me try reducing one of those meds. I am supposed to see a pulmonologist to see if my CPAP needs to be readjusted, but didn't make an appointment yet. Night before last, I woke up in the morning without my mask on... must have fallen back asleep after a trip to the BR without putting it back on. It had to have been off for several hours and DH says he never heard me snoring at all, so must be getting better in that dept, too.

Thanks Phyl! You're doing great. I just went over to visit your profile & see your latest picture. Congratulations! Isn't it great to watch & feel your body changing? Thanks for the response. Just got a call to pickup Grandkids at school....Mom & Dad need a little help from their friends. I'll check in later. Keep up the great work! Oh! Where are you now? Carol

Yvonneb3; welcome aboard. I too am over 50, and stumbled upon this site by accident. Glad I found it... Have you got your protien drinks figured out for yourself yet? If not really sure,, then go to ebay and type in Muscle Milk Light. Lots of flavors to choose from, this stuff is good for you, and it tastes good. Just food for thought, since you mentioned the milk. Don't go to a health food store though, you'll pay threw the nose. I was on there site today and I found jugs for as low as $16.50. That's dirt cheap for this stuff. If interested look around, or get back to me, and I will gladley help you. Shirley..

Shirley,

Just noticed your signature!

You want to be careful about your use of that word HOPE here!!

awttw.gif

(a word to the wise)

Janet will get on your case!!

(IndioGirl)

:cool2::biggrin::tongue:

It's on her list of

BAD WORDS

along with "I'll try" and other things like that!!

23_20_89.gif

It's I WILL!!

HUGS!!

Thanks Phyl! Oh! Where are you now? Carol

Back home in WA state for the summer....

if they decide to have one this year!!

16_6_1v.gif

28_2_3v.gif

I cannot feel full today. I am so hungry and nothing is satisfying me. I am doing my best to make wise choices to allow me to have that full feeling. Nothing seems to work, even drinking Water.< /span>

In 6 weeks this is a first for me.

Did anyone else have this issue?? I will hopefully get a fill on 5/9, but the next week will be torture if I keep wanting to eat.

Any suggestions!!!! :wub:

Phyl: What did I say wrong??? I was just passing along some Great Information. I use this stuf myself! So,,,, is there something wrong with putting my thoughts into words? Let me no. I did not see the word hope mentioned. It's 5:00 A. M., I could be missing something. Let me know.

Shirley......

Edited by sstasevich