Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Way To Go!!!! Like I said before you and Denise are my heroes. My inspiration. I keep looking at the weight you have lost and say if they can do it I CAN DO IT. Keep up the good work.

Nance

Great I-dea Phyll!!! But rather than Seattle, lets all go to the Desert and stay with Janet!!!!!!!

Just for us +50 gals.... hee,hee

Yeah, but the Bandster Bash... someone else does all the work and we just go have fun. The hotel they used has an indoor pool/hot tub in an oasis type of a setting so we could pretend we are in Palm Springs. They had lots of good speakers and seminars, even plastic surgery doctor. They had a clothing exchange and a dinner Friday night, dinner/dance Saturday night. I was looking at some of the online pictures last night. Looks like they were having fun. They had a professional photographer there taking individual and group photos, too. Those are online, too.

Thank you ladies !!!

All I can say is I FEEL so much better physically and mentally.

Just went to lunch with a gf - ate 1/2 taco & 2 bites of an enchilllda where as before I would have cleaned my plate and still wanted more...

I will still be overweight by the bmi scale when I get to goal - but I don't think 145 would be a good weight for me at this age - and that's what I love about the over 50 gang - we understand that - I am in a 12 or 10 pant - infact I have a pair of white size 10 pants on today - with heels - and my feet don't hurt - I ate lunch and my pants are loose.

Yes - if I can do this ANYONE can - all i can say once you have your head in the game - it's pretty easy - I really don't find that the last 7 months has been that hard - I have never felt deprived - I really do enjoy my healthy meals and for a total slug bug/couch potato - exercise isn't all that bad - I will never love it - but like insurance a necessary evil...

Thanks for sharing my joy with me..

Hugs to all of you....

AS OF TODAY

I AM OFFICALLY JUST OVER WEIGHT

I AM NO LONGER MORBITY OBESE

(which I was when I started this journey)

I AM NOT EVEN OBESE

THE WORD OBESE

NO LONGER APPLIES TO ME

I AM JUST OVERWEIGHT !!!!

:thumbup::lol::)

Banane10.gifBanane10.gifBanane10.gif

WOW!!! That's pretty exciting!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:lol::party::lol:

13_1_104v.gif 13_4_7.gif

I don't know if I'll ever make it there!! I went to the Biggest Loser website the other day and filled out their assessment thing.. my age, height, etc... their recommended weight for me... 97 - 127 lb!!

Yeah, right!! Never happen!!

BTW, why am I online in the middle of the afternoon, you ask????

16_6_1v.gif

That's why... it's the middle of the afternoon and it's about 82 degrees outside and all the "old folks" are outside playing instead of inside on their computers!! And, being that it's over 85 degrees36_2_60.gif 28_1_12.gif INSIDE the motor home now, I am about to join their ranks. I'm going to gather up my reading material and head out to the patio RIGHT NOW even though I have a wonderful connection right now!! I've read ALL the posts on ALL my threads and I've done ALL my Scrabble games, and I'm outa here!!

16_4_23v.gif 28_1_10.gif 16_4_23v.gif

28_1_4.gif

Yea, the baby shower is at my house. Her cousin is giving it but she lives in a tiny apartment so we are having it here. Her baby is due 4-15.

We ordered the cake today. We ordered half a sheet cake. I was afraid 1/4 of a sheet cake wouldn't be enough. I am definitely going to send cake home with everyone and make sure there is none left in this house when everyone leaves. It's terrible to be afraid of food!

I don't know if I'll ever make it there!! I went to the Biggest Loser website the other day and filled out their assessment thing.. my age, height, etc... their recommended weight for me... 97 - 127 lb!!

Yeah, right!! Never happen!!

So ... you're about 5 ft then, right? I'm guessing because that's what I am and what they say my recommended weight should be. This is my reaction: :tt2:

My grandmother was around my height and weighed just under 90 lb. One winter she got sick and almost died because of it. 90 lb. is just crazy talk IMO.

Anyway, I am happy today because I finally got in to see my hairdresser and my hair is nicely cut and I have my pink highlights back again. It's been 2 months and the old ones had faded away making me so sad. I love being a 50 year old with a punk hair cut. :rolleyes2:

These were written by Jesse Ahroni who wrote the book: Laproscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding... and excellent book and the first one I read before making the decision to have the surgery.

Stages of Banding

. Discovering the Band

. Wondering if this is for me

. Investigation

. Doing serious research

. Joining a support group

. Getting hopeful

. Finding a doctor

. Shock at the price

. Deciding to do it

. Making the arrangements

. Wondering if you made the right decision

. Getting nervous

. Going ahead with it

. Waking up and wondering what the hell you did to yourself.

. Post-op discomfort

. Month of liquids- not being able to strictly adhere

. Wondering if you've been scammed again

. Seeing a little success

. Getting your first fill

. Changing your eating habits

. Seeing more success

. Getting second fill

. Really losing

. Seriously changing your eating habits

. Being totally euphoric about your weight loss

. Changing your thinking about eating

. Wanting to tell every fat person you meet about the band

. Realizing you really can't eat

. Worrying about nutrition

. Learning to eat healthy and wise

. Finding other ways to meet your emotional needs

. Realizing it takes a long time to lose 100lbs

. Trudging along

. My clothes are too big

. Buying new clothes

. Oops, I bought too much too soon...now these are too big

. Buying more clothes

. Getting near goal

. Enjoying all the compliments

. Feeling successful

. Getting aggressive

. Not taking crap from anybody

. Realizing you can be assertive without steam rolling everybody

. Finding balance

. Wondering what comes next

**There are other stages and everybody does not go through them in the same

order or even go through all the stages. Some people might have stages to

add....and there is some looping back and forth. But these are common stages

that Bandsters go through.

This morning this thread was LOCKED!!!!!! I don't have the faintest idea why - we don't fight !!!!!

I sent emai to Kity a moderator I know personally (she lives here in the Desert and I have met her - we go to the same Dr) but never got a reply and posted on the questions thread - I guess someone finally responded and unlocked it...

Denise - I would never be left alone with a cake, Cookies, brownie, candies in my house - especially at nite - I don't have that much will power...

But if I were you I would give myself permission to enjoy the day - have a little of the food - just don't go hog wild - it's your 1st grandbaby baby shower and you should enjoy it - you gotta enjoy life.

My baby GD bday is Sunday and she will be 4 - I will have a piece of cake - sninny people eat 1 piece of cake at birthdays and parties - they just don't eat the whole thing like we would in the pass - or behind closed doors :confused: if we were left alone overnight with it in our house:biggrin:

I thought maybe it was locked because it had gotten so long but then I saw one with thousands of posts on it! I guess not... :confused:

It got locked by accident. Alex wanted to lock the thread "How is weight loss for those over 50. It's over 100 pages. He accidentally locked the wrong one.

I am excited. Alex made me a moderator!

hi everyone, just reading and catching up with everyone, feeling a little guilty cuz I ate some ice-cream this evening. Bad girl!!!! Tomorrow is another day and I will do better. I did get up and go walking this morning when I just wanted to stay in bed. It is such a good thing that I have a walking partner waiting for me and will give me heck if I don't show up.