Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Tell us about the pouch test.

Anyone who thinks this doesn't work for 50 and over, I hit my HALF-WAY point this past week! 75 down/75 to go! ........oh and the bread........... don't even TRY! 13 months now.. and I KNOW BETTER THAN EVEN TRY! LOL! guess I will have to learn to live without it the rest of my days! lol!

Congratulations to lucky five! I hit my halfway point too. As of today 67 lost and and 65 to go.

The five day pouch test link:

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

It really worked for me as I had gained 3 lbs. I did the pouch diet and dropped 5 lbs and even more today. I did drop quite a bit of liquids as I was tinkling all week from drinking 68 ounces of Water. I normally drink 6 oz glasses of water. I do take a water pill.

I was not hungry when I followed it either.

Thanks for the pouch test info. I had noticed that the solider the Protein I ate the more uncomfortable I felt and the less I could eat. It just got boring eventually. I could see it as a way to kickstart getting back on track. It actually sounds like what you have to do after a fill.

Hey everyone, I actually wrote about Constipation in my blog last night. The title of the post is: Getting the Crap Out. I know I'm not the only one experiencing this. You can read my blog at http://ifyourstomachoffendsyoutieitoff.blogspot.com/

Have fun.

Edited by ifyourstomachoffendsyou
fixed link

Lucky5 and Toyster, Congrats on getting to the half way point!! That great for both of you. Isn't it great when your hard work results in reaching such a milestone. Good for you.

Well, I just started eating real food last week after my three week liquid diet and I'm finding that I can eat almost everything including bread. I'm eating very small amounts and nothing too quickly, but everything goes down. I have no restriction and will not have any until mid-August, so I have to keep a handle on my eating. I do find that I'm eating half or less of what I used to eat and I'm full a lot longer and satisfied with what I eat. It's nice. I think I will be quite ready for my fill because by then I will need the help of the band to keep me from eating too much.

I need to sleep. Hope everyone has a great night.

ee

GOAL!!!!!

I officially hit goal today!!! I had my one year post op finally with my surgeon, it had gotten rescheduled a few times. Anyhow, he said how fantastic I looked, weighed me, looked at my frame, looked at my lab results (excellent like a 16 yr old he said) and said I was at goal. The BMI chart is a guideline and for my height and frame he liked where I was at. He wants me no lower than 176 and no higher than 185, I like that he gave me a range, he said he could tell I was a number person that would get too hung up on a single number if he gave me one. He also asked what size I was when I began and was now, I went from a 26 to an 8. WOOHOO!! I feel like a tremendous weight has literally been lifted from my shoulders. I was stressing so much about getting to 169 and that normal BMI and hadn't lost hardly in over 2 mos. He wants me to visit the nutritionist now and fine tune things in my diet to maintain. I will be changing my screen name soon, probably to Great2bThin, though that sounds odd as I still don't consider myself thin and don't want to sound like I am bragging so not sure.

GOAL!!!!!

I officially hit goal today!!! I had my one year post op finally with my surgeon, it had gotten rescheduled a few times. Anyhow, he said how fantastic I looked, weighed me, looked at my frame, looked at my lab results (excellent like a 16 yr old he said) and said I was at goal. The BMI chart is a guideline and for my height and frame he liked where I was at. He wants me no lower than 176 and no higher than 185, I like that he gave me a range, he said he could tell I was a number person that would get too hung up on a single number if he gave me one. He also asked what size I was when I began and was now, I went from a 26 to an 8. WOOHOO!! I feel like a tremendous weight has literally been lifted from my shoulders. I was stressing so much about getting to 169 and that normal BMI and hadn't lost hardly in over 2 mos. He wants me to visit the nutritionist now and fine tune things in my diet to maintain. I will be changing my screen name soon, probably to Great2bThin, though that sounds odd as I still don't consider myself thin and don't want to sound like I am bragging so not sure.

CONGRATS, LONG (or should I say GREAT!). :thumbup:You are an inspiration. I'm curious--how tall are you? I'm still trying to decide what my ideal weight is. I still need to lose 10 lbs. to be a "normal" BMI but 30 to have a BMI of 22, which is considered the healthiest. So right now, I'm looking for "numbers" since I don't feel thin at all either. will we ever???:sad:

Again, congratulations!:biggrin:

CONGRATS, LONG (or should I say GREAT!). :thumbup:You are an inspiration. I'm curious--how tall are you? I'm still trying to decide what my ideal weight is. I still need to lose 10 lbs. to be a "normal" BMI but 30 to have a BMI of 22, which is considered the healthiest. So right now, I'm looking for "numbers" since I don't feel thin at all either. will we ever???:sad:

Again, congratulations!:biggrin:

I never heard that about a BMI of 22 being the healthiest. Don't think I could hit that. I am 5'9 and the range my surgeon gave me to stay in is between a BMI of 26 and 27, he said the BMI chart was just a range and not the end all for everyone.

Did you have surgery at Alta View? I lived in SAndy, UT many years and we used to have a booth and sell hand carved Santas every year at Swiss Days up in Midway.

I never heard that about a BMI of 22 being the healthiest. Don't think I could hit that. I am 5'9 and the range my surgeon gave me to stay in is between a BMI of 26 and 27, he said the BMI chart was just a range and not the end all for everyone.

Did you have surgery at Alta View? I lived in SAndy, UT many years and we used to have a booth and sell hand carved Santas every year at Swiss Days up in Midway.

Yes, Long, I remember talking to you about this before. I live in Midway. Will you be at Swiss Days this year? I'm sure we'll come over on Friday. Honestly, I can't remember where I had the surgery (senior moment?) but it was out patient not at the hospital.

As far as the BMI, I've found the 22 BMI to be consistent with Weight Watchers, my WII fit, and most charts. You are taller than I am (5'6") so I guess I still have a ways to go but I gotta tell you, if I don't lose another pound I'll still be happy. I feel GREAT and am surprised when I see my own reflection. How could that be ME?? It's so nice, isn't it? I honestly look better from behind than from the front (tummy hangover but no surgery in my future probably) but I still feel like I look "normal." That's certainly a nice feeling.

I'm currently under my doctor's goal for me by quite a bit so I don't know what that was based on either. Maybe just being "overweight" and not "obese." Not sure. I haven't been in since October and don't have plans to go back unless I need a fill.

Anyway, sorry to ramble but, again, CONGRATS! Hope to see you at Swiss Days...I'll come find you if you are there. Karen

Congratulations Long2bThin how wonderful that you have reached your goal. Also good that your Dr has a range for you to weigh between instead of fixating on one #. You must be elated. Enjoy the feeling..and buy yourself some fabulous new clothes.

Yes, Long, I remember talking to you about this before. I live in Midway. Will you be at Swiss Days this year? I'm sure we'll come over on Friday. Honestly, I can't remember where I had the surgery (senior moment?) but it was out patient not at the hospital.

As far as the BMI, I've found the 22 BMI to be consistent with Weight Watchers, my WII fit, and most charts. You are taller than I am (5'6") so I guess I still have a ways to go but I gotta tell you, if I don't lose another pound I'll still be happy. I feel GREAT and am surprised when I see my own reflection. How could that be ME?? It's so nice, isn't it? I honestly look better from behind than from the front (tummy hangover but no surgery in my future probably) but I still feel like I look "normal." That's certainly a nice feeling.

I'm currently under my doctor's goal for me by quite a bit so I don't know what that was based on either. Maybe just being "overweight" and not "obese." Not sure. I haven't been in since October and don't have plans to go back unless I need a fill.

Anyway, sorry to ramble but, again, CONGRATS! Hope to see you at Swiss Days...I'll come find you if you are there. Karen

Now it is me who has a senior moment. I know I noticed before you were in Utah and had surgery at Sandy but dont remember chatting about it. LOL We won't be at Swiss Days this year, but would love to be. Loved the 'Swiss Tacos' too. It's so beautiful there in Midway.

I went to WW for years and their goal for me or maybe I just made it for me as it was the highest goal for my height and I could stop paying, was also the 169 or a BMI of 25. But of course could be up to 20 lbs or so lighter. I figure as long as I struggled to lose this weight I'll be happy at the higher end. If in the future I decide or happen to lose down to the lower BMI, so be it. When I first had this surgery, I jsut wanted to be in the 100's, and a size 14 and 12 was the ultimate, to be able to buy a few 8's is just so amazing, though I am probably more of a true 10. I am going to try and stop sweating about a number now and enjoy where I am. I bet you look great where you are. Good luck to you in settling in at your goal as well!

Mountain & OntheWay, thanks so much!! Think I do need to go shopping soon for some new fall clothes!

Congratulations Long2b what an awesome accomplishment. You are truly an inspiration especially to someone like me that was just banded. Be proud.