Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Katy,

I agree with lompco...is there any way you can get a second opinion? Keeping you in my prayers!

Katy,

I add my "AMEN" to that!! As a retired RN, I understand most of that gibberish. And it sounds to me like a situation that needs fairly immediate attention....

not TWO WEEKS from now, but NOW!

Any way you can go to another surgeon????

Two weeks is unacceptable, in my opinion!

Katy - I would definitely have a lonng dicussion with my GP.. ask about other surgeon options. go prepared with ???? Is there anyone else in the surgeon's office you could speak with before the scheduled appt date?

Katy, I agree with everyone else. You need a different surgeon. Isn't he the one that said your band was not slipped?

Katy, I agree with everyone else. You need a different surgeon. Isn't he the one that said your band was not slipped?

Hi Oregondaisy,

Yep he sure is. Needless to say, I'm very disapointed.

Nothing is working out over here at the moment.

Looks like the sale of my business may be falling through as well.

What next!!!!

Best wishes.

Katy - I have been following along on what has been happening to you and am so very sorry. I hope you realize deep inside that you deserve better than this and should be pushing for a better response - and certainly a more timely one from your surgeon. (YOU know you would probably be pushing if this were happening to any of your family members.) That he won't even see you when he knows how upset you are, and crappy you feel is a big indicator of what you should do. I too am a retired nurse and believe me when a GP suggests someone else, you should really pay attention!! Professionally he can't come out and tell you that your surgeon is not up to snuff, but if he is suggesting you switch I believe it is the same thing without getting into trouble. My prayers are with you - keep us posted. By now I guess you know we all care about you.

Exactly, Dixiedoo! Katy, if you were my sister, here is what I would say to you:

Hey, sis. You know that all this stress in your life is really making things tough for you, what with caring for mom and dad, dealing with your failed business sale, the problems with never enough money and all of that, but, hey, you're my sister, and I want you to be around forever, and you are not thinking clearly right now. STOP thinking about other people, DON'T worry about how to pay for it at this time, JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. If you don't take care of your health, who will? You are your own best advocate, and maybe your only advocate at this point! Once you take care of your health, the rest will follow. You'll be better able to help other people, and you'll be better freed up with time to figure out ways to catch up on finances. And, what if you don't take care of yourself right now? Well, I don't even want to think about that! Every day you delay is more damage to your health. You know you are an important person in the lives of other people, but you really can't be helpful to them if you don't, at this point, take care of yourself. Please, get healthy! I'm counting on you!!!

Hi Oregondaisy,

Yep he sure is. Needless to say, I'm very disapointed.

Nothing is working out over here at the moment.

Looks like the sale of my business may be falling through as well.

What next!!!!

Best wishes.

Katy I agree with everyone here; I can't believe the surgeon can be so heartless. My prayers are with you. You have so much on your plate right now. With all of us praying for you, you can't help but get better and some of this stress off of you! Dot

Katy: I am a practicing nurse and the Dr. can't do nothing. First, you need to have the band removed or unfilled to see if it goes back into place. However, with the inflamation you have, it should propably come out. You need to be put on drugs like, Reglan, Prilosec, etc. to help reduce the inflamation. You should be sleeping in an elevated position and it would not hurt you to go on a clear liquid diet very similar to the one you were on immediately post-op from your band surgery. Small frequent sips of Clear Liquids. You have a lot of inflamation that needs time to resolve. Dont be surprised if the surgeon does not do any type of surgery until he gets the inflamation under control. You need to ask him soon, how he plans to handle all the inflamation.

You are in my prayers but mostly I am praying for the Lord to guide this surgeon, he needs it.

Blessings,

Susan

Edited by livn4jesus

I was reading another thread and someone mentioned that we shouldn't be taking Aleve or Advil with the band. I normally take Xstrenth Tylenol but I bought some Aleve a couple of weeks ago and since then I've taken 3 of them ( 1 tonight ) Just wondering what everyone takes for headaches.

My doctor said not to take them on a regular basis. I was taking them for my back and I mentioned it to him when I went in for a fill. I take extra strength tylenol liquid now. Maybe it is because they might inflame the pouch??????

It's my understanding that all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (such as aspirin products, ibuprofen (Advil), and others) can inflame the stomach. It stands to reason our new pouch/stomach would be at risk, too. You should check with your surgeon to see what he/she recommends for headaches and other aches and pains. I was told I could take either Celebrex or Mobic for my arthritis (both prescription). I am taking Celebrex and have been for years with no problems. I am finding that I have many days when I don't need it (yay). I hate taking meds and will be happy when I can put the bottle in the cabinet for just occasional use!

Hi Everyone,

Went to see my GP this morning. He hadn't even been sent a copy of the endoscopy report, luckily I'd taken my report with me. He said "Something has to be done about this!" I told him that the surgeons receptionist told me that "He's not going to do anything!"

Well, you should've seen his face. It instantly went bright red and his jaw went rigid. He was so angry but did really well and was very professional when he finally spoke. He said "Leave it to me, I'll make some phonecalls and find a good experienced surgeon".

He rang me about 1 hour ago to tell me I've an appt Friday morning with a surgeon from Canada who is an hours drive from here but I MUST GO!. I will be there.

Hi Dixiedoo,

You are very right. Never thought about it that way. If it were one of my daughters I'd have been banging on the surgeons door.

Hi Lompocbander,

You're so gorgeous. I guess I've not been thinking to straight lately and sometimes have either fallen in a heap or lost my temper at everyone, (of which I'm really ashamed of myself).

My Dad has come off his bender now and I told him this morning that I will not have him drinking that rotgut plonk here ever again. If he wants to have a beer fine but not the other stuff because he can't stop and it's too much stress for me and I will not have my house stinking. I'm trying to sell their house for them and it was very hard getting the stink out of that place. I wish my late brother was here to pull him into line.

Hi Socialdot,

I do feel very disapointed and let down by my surgeon as I'd had a lot of trust and faith in him, but no more.

Hi Livin4jesus,

The band has been unfilled for several weeks now and although I do eat things on occasion they tend to come back up. I had Yoghurt yesterday and it too came back up. I drink icy milk, icy carrot and celery juice, probiotic drinks and frozen cokes. Hot or warm drinks don't agree at all.

I really do appreciate everyones input, prayers and good wishes. They really do help.

Katy, I am so happy that your GP is taking care of you. He sounds like a very caring doctor and I am glad he found someone for you. I will keep you in my prayers as well.

Katy - yeah for our GP.. Glad he is pro-active for you. and good thinking having your own copy of the report with you..

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Lots happening for al of us. Stress is killing me.. effecting my band..