Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lots to lose

I've just decided it time to work hard, like I'm new at this, again.

I thought I was losing around 5 pounds a month but it's even slower than that now if I look at my stats. So I'm going to try to charge things on all levels. I'm going to add massive cardio, pack all my meals, track every bight of food and drink 1/2 gallon of Water a day.

I've rested on the -100 mark but I have my band anniversary coming up in March and I really want to be -100 from my surgery day. Here's to making significant changes to my approach.

Juli

How is everyone doing-I have increased my cardio from barely 3 times a week to 5 times a week and I am going to try a class called Zumba-has anyone else heard about it? I have a goal to lose 50 more lbs by aug 1st- we have a family reunion coming up so i would like to be somewhat beach ready for it- this will be a hard goal- I feel like I am slowing way down, even though I am on target for only being 5 mo out-I am afraid the losing will stop-so I am trying to recommit myself to healthy eating and exercise to keep this going.

Stacy:

I've heard of zumba, but I haven't tried it yet.

You've done great in your first five months. You can certainly do 50 more by August 1 going at the pace you have been.

They say that if you build muscle your fat burns faster, so working out is probably important to keep at the pace you've been on.

Congratulations on your first five months, and keep up the good work.

Sue

Thank sue-I just have to keep going-I will let you know how the zumba goes-I think I will try it next week. I think working out has to be the main component right now-obviously the food is kept pretty much under control so that is what I will focus on-also-congrats on your weight loss as well-amazing job! over 100 lbs in less than a year-you should be very proud of yourself!

congratulations!! I get banded on 3/12 and I don't have a doubt that it will be the beginning of a new life. I hope to spend the rest of my life healthy and thin. At 57 years old I am fed up of struggling with being overweight. Good for you its great to hear from someone who has been there and has no regrets...

sharon:)

Well I began this journey at 287 pounds and I am 240 today and heading downward. I have already went from a tight size 26-28 to a size 20 pants and from a XXXL shirt to a XL or Large in some cases.

I know that this is the first time in over 5 years that I have seen the scale consistently move downward. I still have 100 pounds to lose as my goal is 140 pounds...3 pounds heavier than I was when I got married.

When I lost my son in 1988 to cancer ( Adam was 4 1/2) I weighed 187 pounds and I put on 100 pounds over the next 20 years.

I am thrilled with my band and my success to date. I work out 6 times a week and I do Water aerobics and weight training (body pump) and I walk on the treadmill and do the stationary bike as well. I love all the activity and my body feel so much better for it......my fibromyalgia is better.....and I sleep better and wake up not tired...which is a life changing thing for me.

I can actually hold my grandsons on my lap now as I found my lap in the past three months.....LOL I am anxious to see the 2 leave the front of my weight which is 40 more pounds.....and my goal by June 1st.....!

My husband is leaving for Afghanistan the second week of May and I know that will be a highly emotional and hard time for me. Last time he was gone in 2005 in Iraq I gained 50 pounds.....I will NOT DO THAT this time I vow!!

Congratulations to everyone here for their great success and keep up the terrific job.....We are all in this fight together!!

That is Awesome Do tell how you are doing this so well and maybe I can follow in your steps!!!!!!!!!