Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nina's Plastics journey

I had visited four ps, the one I finally chose was actually in the same practice as the first one I talked to, but I felt most comfortable with him and he wasn't all about doing the implants. He felt I had enough to work with and advised to go without them for now and if not happy he would do the implants later, but didn't advise it. I even told him when before he started the surgery, that if he felt I needed them, I'd leave it to his discretion. He also had me hold the smallest he had to offer and they were heavy, which he reminded me was one of my reasons for wanting the reduction.

I have to admit, if I were younger, I know I would have opted to do the implants, say if I was the age I was when I had it done the first time, but not now. I'm just glad it's done, that I went through with it and didn't chicken out and blessed that I bounced back so quickly.

Losing, who is your PS? I'm pretty sure you mentioned him somewhere, but I don't remember where.

Dr. Harlan Pollock from Dallas. His son, Todd, will be working on me as well. North Dallas Plastic Surgery: Cosmetic Surgery in Dallas and Plano, TX

I know I know!!!! This time next week I will be flying to Lyon!!!

Laurend, I would bite the bullet and go and see a few PS's if I were you!

Nina xx

OMG Nina ... how exciting. when are you leaving to see your sis?

Hiya hunnybun,

I leave next friday afternoon ( which I think is Thurday night for you lot) fly to Manchester (yes the home of Manchester United) go to my sis's old house where she will be in the middle of a move, then help her over Friday/Saturday to move into her new house - so not quite the relaxing weekend I had planned!!!LOL There is a chance that I wont be able to get online there depending on whether or not the phones etc are still on.

Then Sunday afternoon I fly to Lyon, get there for about 16.00, straight to the hospital and have my pre-op bloods etc done with the anaethetist, go out with my sx buddy and her DH for a meal in Lyon and then I think I will get a sleeping tablet!!

Monday morning at 7.30 Dr Pascal is coming to mark me up and then at 8.00 I am in theatre!!

I CANT WAIT!!!!LOL

I hope that you get all the trouble with your boobs sorted out hon, let me know how you are getting on.

HUGS!!

Nina x

I know I know!!!! This time next week I will be flying to Lyon!!!

Laurend, I would bite the bullet and go and see a few PS's if I were you!

Nina xx

I know, I really do need to! My original goal was to have PS sometime in December, but I'm seriously considering doing it this summer (if I'm close enough to goal). I figure, I'm going to be out of a job anyway and have nothing to do, so I might as well be out of a job, have nothing to do, and be healing. The downside is that I'll be out of a job and my insurance will be cut off at the beginning of August unless I can find employment starting around then. And of course, I'd be going into considerable debt to have surgery. All in all, it wouldn't be financially smart to have surgery this summer, but it may be best healing-wise. Does that make sense?

Yup that makes perfect sense hon. Hmmm I dont know what the best answer is, if you are financing could you save enough to know that you have got the first say 4 payments ,and then that would buy you breathing space if you were to have the sx in summer?

I know that you are worried about being out of a job, but equally I know that you are bright enough to get one whenever you wanted one so I wouldnt worry about that.

I would worry more about the healing, to me this surgery is a one time shot, I am doing NOTHING that might risk or compromise the results! You are the same BMI as I am now so I would start doing the rounds!!( ok to be fair I am really impatient and should have waited til I got to goal, but hell, you only live once!!)

Nina xx

Yup that makes perfect sense hon. Hmmm I dont know what the best answer is, if you are financing could you save enough to know that you have got the first say 4 payments ,and then that would buy you breathing space if you were to have the sx in summer?

I know that you are worried about being out of a job, but equally I know that you are bright enough to get one whenever you wanted one so I wouldnt worry about that.

I would worry more about the healing, to me this surgery is a one time shot, I am doing NOTHING that might risk or compromise the results! You are the same BMI as I am now so I would start doing the rounds!!( ok to be fair I am really impatient and should have waited til I got to goal, but hell, you only live once!!)

Nina xx

I've got some stock that I can liquidate and use for the first few payments, if I have to. I'm really starting to think that having surgery this summer may be what I want to do, even though I can imagine the screaming that will come from my parents (it won't be pretty), since whatever job I choose is going to probably be fairly physically active. And of course, I wouldn't be able to take a lot of time off as a new hire, if I wait for December, or at least not as much as I probably should take.

Ahh! I keep going back and forth over this! I can't make up my mind. On one hand, I really want to get it done in May. I'd have a longer time to recuperate, yadda, yadda, yadda. On the other, I'm worried not only about employment and finances, but about whether or not I'll actually be at goal. I don't want to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars (I've seen estimates of up to $20,000 for a TT/BL/BA from one of the surgeons I like) and then have the results look shitty because I lost more weight. I wouldn't be too worried about my stomach, but I don't want saggy tits immediately after I got them lifted, you know?

Damn it. I dunno. I've always been indecisive when it comes to big purchases like this. Lol, you should see me when I'm attempting to shop for furniture. I second-guess myself constantly and wind up buying nothing. I'm thinking about going ahead and doing some consultations and getting a surgery date for May. I can always postpone it, I guess.

Laurend: I would go and get some consults. You can't make a decision without more information. The PS will tell you have more weight loss, costs, recuperation, etc. Good luck!

Okay, ladies, I went ahead and scheduled my PS consultations. I've got one scheduled for next Monday, one on February 27th, and one on April 21st. I liked the website of the one that's scheduled for April the best, but I really doubt he'll have May surgery dates open if he's got nearly a 3 month wait for consultations. Here goes nothing!

Oh, and I've set up a photo gallery of my before pics at www.makemeheal.com, if anyone's brave enough to look at them. Just PM me for the address and password.

Hi Nina

Hope everything is going well post TT and Lipo and that you're getting buckets-full of morphine. How painful has it been? Are you happy with your shape? How bad is the swelling?

Slightly off topic.....Is Dr P easy on the eye at all? I remember once I had a nose job done in Ireland about a hundred years ago. The result was poor but, boy the surgeon was gorgeous! (I've since had the nose rectified of course!). Your Dr Pascal's website is addictive. I cant stop my myself wandering in and out of the mega lipo silhouettes section thinking it would be such a handy solution and if Nina can do it......why cant I?

Ellen