Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nina's Plastics journey

Hi LJM!!

I am so pleased that there are three of us going through this together :) I know how lucky I am going to France for my surgery, I really liked Lyon while I was there, but I felt like such a hick, the people are soooo chic, and they make iit look effortless! The town itself is beautiful and split in 2 halves over the river so you cross on beautiful Iron suspension bridges, more a place for romance than plastics really!

My surgeon doesnt use drains because he has developed a technique that doesnt involve cutting through the lymphatic system, apparantly a combination of that and the fact that he uses a quilting tecnique to re-attach the skin that has been loosened to the fascia means that there are no gaps for Fluid to gather in, or so he told me, he drew a lot of pictures and it all made perfect sense at the time!

Wow I forgot it was a leap year! I bet you look so fantastic after this one that DH will go along with anything you say afterwards!

Nina x

I was getting dressed this morning and thinking about it, and I was thinking about the last time I was in Lyon and I went shopping for clothes and we couldnt find a shop that had any that would fit me, I am a UK 16 which I think is a USA 12, the biggest clothes that they had were a uk 12/14 (US 8/10) I swear I didnt see one overweight person, I think they may have them all in a camp......

One day I will be able to shop in those shops.

For now I would be so happy if I could just look good in a pair of jeans, I never realised how much I would miss being able to wear them!

It is a week today that I fly out for my pre-op and I cant wait! I will try to get hold of the before piccies that he has taken.

Lyon is beautiful. I've been to France many time, my daughter studied at the Sarbonne in Paris. I think that Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. You're going to have a great experience. I also think that the French have an undeserved reputation as anti-Americian. They certainly hate President Bush, but on an indidvidual basis you will love them and they will love you. But you're right, most French women are unnatural thin, with tiny waists. By daughter says that they constantly diet and smoke like fiends to stay that way. Hmmm, constantly dieting sounds familar!

I noticed that too! In france it is still possible to smoke wherever you want!

I have reason to believe that on the whole they arent too fond of the British either! I have to say that everyone that I met was lovely and made us really welcome happy.gif

I have just got off the phone from Geraldine (Mr Pascal's secretary) and have asked her if she could sort a fill for me while I am there as I have to travel 300 miles to see my lapband people and I thought that as I am there anyway I may as well.

I am a bit confused at the moment, I can still eat waaay more than I should be able to, but bread and stringy meats still get stuck, I would have thought that the fact that they are getting stuck means that I have good restriction, but the volume that I can eat - and I follow all the rules no drinking, taking 20 minutes to eat a meal etc- before I feel full is still too much.Whats that all about then?

Ahh the delights of the band, anyhow I will see what they say when I get there.

Getting more and more excited now.

Nina x

Eee gads you should have seen some of the pictures that Pascal had for when he lectures, to show how not to do it!! It was enough to make you gag.

Some of the transformations on there are truly amazing though arent they, there is one lady in particular who is on the first page when you go into the Tummy Tuck albums who is such an inspiration, she is a gastric bypass lady and OMG you should see her now!!!

I havent had my last minute panic yet, I am kind of waiting for it, I cant be this calm and just excited can I? I hope that I dont get it after the surgery, that would be a major bummer! LOL

How are you doing LJM still fighting the good fight against the Cookies? :)

no Cookies today ... im just eating my steak salad. Tyson makes these great steak strips already cooked ... yummie!! put too much dressing on it though, oh well, i know better now.

my 'treat' today is my oh yeah bar that i'll eat about 2 or 230 when the munchies hit ... :)

Nina: With the amount of time you will be in France, wil any of your family come or just your friend? Who will watch all the kidos? So many logistics!

Dh is staying in the UK to watch the kids, and my friend and I will be staying in a hotel that has apartments instead of rooms, so that if we are up to cooking we can, but they also have the full room service thing going on :P

I am thinking of asking DD who is 18 to fly out when we move to the hotel to take care of me , which will be a novel role reversal!

How about you? How long are you in hospital, do you have anyone to help you when you get out? How long do you expect the recovery to take?

Losing : Did you enjoy the steak salad? I am being quite good tonight :) makes a change!

nina,

the salad was really REALLY good. i'll have another one tomorrow without the egg. that steak was really good.

went to Target tonight to get some more steak and will try their pre cooked chicken some time soon as well.

I think your son should come, it will be a good experience. My DH will take 3 days off of work and then my mom will be here for several weeks. I'm little girl adores her and she is an excellant cook. It should be good.

FYI to those of us in the states...Her doctor is presenting in Miami at U of M's Baker-Gordon Symposium.

SEMINAR SITE

HYATT REGENCY HOTEL

400 S. E. 2nd Avenue, Miami

in the Ashe Auditorium

Thursday, February 7, 2008Friday, February 8, 2008Saturday, February 9, 2008

Founders

After having such an awesome experience leaving my home state and thinking OUTSIDE THE BOX, this journey had been so positive. I am not beyond traveling outside my area for post-band surgery to get rid of all the extra skin (stomach). Oh to feel my hip bones again.

I'm really going for it now adding excercise to the drill.

Thanks for sharing this!!

Hi Lap-dancer - I hope that my surgeon isnt too jet lagged after flying back! He is operating on me on the 11th Feb!!

I think that just by having the band fitted we show that we can think outside of the box :D To be honest I am looking forwards to the break, sounds daft but the thought of nearly 3 weeks away sounds like bliss,even with the pain.

Have you looked into surgery yet?

LJM - I dont think that we can get half the food in the UK that you can over there, I am having Egyption chicken and salad tonight. I have exercised every day this week (ok I know it is only Tuesday but I did sunday as well :rofl: ) and I am determined to tone up as much as I can pre-op.

Karey - It is my daughter that I would take, I think my son would have a cardiac! My mum is dead so I have kind of got used to looking after myself, I cant decide if I will end up looking after DD if she goes, she is uber bright and needs lots of stimulation or she tends to sleep a lot - quite a contrary creature bless her. Is your little girl looking forwards to granny coming?

Mostly (other than looking fab) I am looking forwards to the morphine pump :D

Tracey - Am I right in thinking that you are now in ONEderland? A HUGE WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! to you hon, you look so beautiful in your picture. Thanks for the support :)