Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Exercise Challenge

Got in another workout this afternoon. I am up to running 1 mile per evening. Not all at once, but I will be there within 2 weeks. That is my goal. Ahhh I was able to eat tonight and it was great. Still kind of tight in the mornings, but at least I am able to get in food.< /p>

The last few days have been challenging for me. My mother fell and broke her hip on Saturday and had surgery on Tuesday. I woke up yesterday with a terrible bladder infection (I admit that I had been ignoring some symptoms for a while). Anyway, I went to the doc and got on antibiotics so I'm on the mend. What I have noticed is that stress makes my band tighter. I wondered about that around Christmas when I got really tight, seemingly out of the blue. Now, that it has happened again, I think there is a connection. I'm expecting things to get better today. I need to be drinking alot of fluids and its hard when I'm too restricted.

I did get in an hour on the treadmill this morning. Now I'm off to the hospital to check on mom. Hope everyone has a great day.

14/20 days of exercise

Hi Becky,

Wow! It has been a very challenging several days for you.

I am sorry to hear about your Mom breaking her hip. I hope she is resting comfortably and will be out of the hospital soon. I am sending good wishes her way for a speedy recovery.

You are doing wonderfully with your workouts -- especially considering all that has been going on in the past week. Keep up the good work:smile::frown::smile:!

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

22/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

What I have noticed is that stress makes my band tighter. I wondered about that around Christmas when I got really tight, seemingly out of the blue. Now, that it has happened again, I think there is a connection. I'm expecting things to get better today. I need to be drinking alot of fluids and its hard when I'm too restricted.

Becky,

I get the same thing. I am stressed right now at work and I feel like the band is in my throat!! Hope Mom is doing okay. Hang in there!!

Well, for the first time ever I got three workouts in today -- 1 hour of weightlifting with the trainer (arms/upper body today), a 30 minute abdominals class, and then a 1 hour Yoga class.

I have a feeling that I am going to sleep really well tonight............

Have a great night everyone!

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

25/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

OMG!

When I woke up this morning it seemed like every muscle in my body was screaming in pain. Not bad pain -- good pain-- but still pain nonetheless.

It took me a while to get myself motivated to do another workout, but I finally manged to get my cardio in for today. The good news is that the cardio workout relieved all of the pain -- Yeah!!!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!

26/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Becky - Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is doing better. And yes stress can make the band feel tighter. One of the nurses at my doc's office says that her band always seems to feel tighter if she is under stress.

Frangi - My legs have been getting less and less sore as I continue to run on them. The day after I did my first .5 mile run I thought I was going to die, but when I got back on the treadmill, the pain just seems to melt away. So I got 2 workouts in yesterday and one in this morning. I am not convinced that I am going to make the goal I set for myself though. I am going to be crazy busy this weekend and all next week so we will see. However, even if I don't make it, I am proud of the accomplishments that I have completed this month. That is a huge NSV for me. Before the surgery I woudn't not have been happy with just improving. Before I would have felt like a total failure if I didn't meet the goal. So see this thing works on the brain too...just a little slower than it works on the waistline!

I did an hour on the treadmill this morning. Mom has had surgery and been moved to the rehab floor. I'm hopeful that things will start improving soon. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. I'm determined to keep on exercising in spite of the current chaos. My old technique for coping with stress was eating! I'm just not going to go that route this time.

Salsa, you set a very challenging goal for this month and you have done great whether you make the goal or not. You have good reason to be proud of yourself!

15/20 days of exercise

Becky, I hope your mom is feeling better. Remember to take care of you while you take care of everybodyelse.

I had a fill on Wednesday and I am feeling tight! Not able to get all the Water in that I need but hopefully this won't last long. Iwas able to get in a couple of workouts this week. It is very busy at work this week and next but I have 4 workouts to meet my goal so that means I will work out everyday this week. I won't weigh myself until Wednesday of next week so I hope to see a drop on the scale. Wish me well!

Have a good week all!

Val

Thanks Valstar. Taking care of ourselves is very good advice. I guess I'm a slow learner 'cause I'm just starting to figure that out. I'm really focusing on constructive ways of dealing with stress and I think its helping.

I got in a 30 minute treadmill workout this afternoon and you know I don't like the afternoon workout! I'm proud that I did it at all.

16/20 days of exercise

Becky, I said it before and I will say it again, you're doing a fabulous job with your workouts! I'm not sure that I could be as diligent as you if I were in the same circumstances.....

Val, I will be eager to hear the results of your next weigh in. I have been at a plateau now for two solid weeks, and it's extremely frustrating. I won't be able to get another fill until the week after next, but if you tell me that your latest fill helped you break through your plateau, that will at least give me some hope!

I got a 90 minute hike in today.

Have a great night everyone!

27/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Another hour on the treadmill. I had to do it late in the day again, but it wasn't so bad after all, and the reward of feeling good about myself makes it even better.

Frangi and Valstar I'm cheering for you both to see the scale move soon. I know it is frustrating when you're working so hard and you don't get the validation you need from the scale.

Valstar, try really hard to get in plenty of fluids. I know I had a period where I wasn't getting enough fluids and I ended up with a urinary tract infection. I think there is a connection.

17/20 days of exercise

Hi All,

2.5 hour hike today. I tried a much more difficult trail today and it was challenging, but not overwhelming. I still have a ways to go to get back to my former level of fitness, but today I was pleased to discover that I have made some good progress.

I must give a lot of the credit for this to you wonderful Crazy Ates. This thread helps me immensely to stay on track.

Thanks everyone :wink2::smile::)!

28/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

I enjoy your post regarding exercise. I have been exercising about three days a week. But today, I joined 24 hour fitness and I am also going to have 5 sessions with a personnal trainer. My first appointment with the trainer is on Thursday and I am very excited to boost my exercise to a higher level. Wish me luck in adding another phase to my life changes and I hope you all continue your success. By the way, its very exciting when everyone at work and church tells you hey you are looking good. I say thanks but know I still have along way to go. However, I am feeling healtier and have much more energy.

Eulete, thanks for the nice comments. Glad to hear things are going well for you. We would love to have you join our exercise thread.

In fact, anyone is welcome to join our exercise challenge threads -- it doesn't have to be just August 07 bandsters (bandidos, bandidas, or whatever you want to call us). We would love to see more people join us -- the more the merrier!!!

Becky, thanks for the good wishes.

Val congratulations on busting through your plateau in grand style! 5 pounds -- WOW!!! I am SO happy for you!!!

No workout for me today. I woke up in the middle of the night with bad shoulder pain that is radiating down my entire left arm. Tylenol is taking care of the pain, but the minute the medication wears off, the pain comes right back. I'm sure I'll be fine very soon, but I think this is my body's way of telling me to take a little break.........

Have a great night everyone!!!

28/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png