Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8cc fill w/ a 10cc band...y am i still hungry???

hey thanks for the advice. how many calories are we suppose to have a day? 1,200? cuz i always have less than 1,000. is that a bad thing? and when i feel like i'm full, i get like this weird feeling like i have to burp and then i burp like 2 times. does that mean that i am full?

Hi Karen;

Good Protien sources: 2-3 oz. of chicken breast or if too dry, have dark meat chicken

2-4 oz. fish, I like Sole, Cod, Shrimp, Crab, Lobster

2- 3 oz. ham

2 eggs

2-3 oz beef or pork, but some bandsters have trouble with these meats, just see what you can do

1/2 cup Beans, or re-fried low fat Beans, cheese

Tofu

Cottage cheese 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup, I prefer to mix mine with canned peaches or pineapple(juice packed not syrup)

EAT a Protein source 3 times per day, minimum... that means Breakfast for sure!!!

these are a few of my favourites

Hi Karen;

Good Protien sources: 2-3 oz. of chicken breast or if too dry, have dark meat chicken

2-4 oz. fish, I like Sole, Cod, Shrimp, Crab, Lobster

2- 3 oz. ham

2 eggs

2-3 oz beef or pork, but some bandsters have trouble with these meats, just see what you can do

1/2 cup Beans, or re-fried low fat Beans, cheese

Tofu

Cottage cheese 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup, I prefer to mix mine with canned peaches or pineapple(juice packed not syrup)

EAT a Protein source 3 times per day, minimum... that means Breakfast for sure!!!

these are a few of my favourites

hey thanks so much for the advice..how do u know though when you are full? i get like this weird feeling that i have to burp and then i burp like once or twice. is that a sign that i am full? i can eat almost 6oz of sirlion chop meat. isn't that too much of a portion?

hey everyone i just got my 3rd fill on the 26th...and i am on my pureed diet after i got my band tightened...and i am still feeling hungry between meals, and for dinner i had 1 egg and i was still starving. aren't i supposed to have small portions and feel full for like 4 to 5 hrs? i don't know what's going on. can some1 help me out with some advice? thanks:help:

If not full on solid foods you may need another fill. It would also be helpful to do a Fluid check i.e. pull all the Fluid back into a syringe and see how much is really in there.

VG stands for "Vanguard". This band was called the "11cm" band outside the United States. The smaller sizes (9.75cm, 10cm) were FDA approved in the U.S. in 2001. They had issues with the 11cm band so they re-designed it and got it FDA approved several years later. The company didn't want people to call it the 11cm band because they of the earlier problems so they gave it a name instead of a size.

hope that helps

<p>

hey thanks so much for the advice..how do u know though when you are full? i get like this weird feeling that i have to burp and then i burp like once or twice. is that a sign that i am full? i can eat almost 6oz of sirlion chop meat. isn't that too much of a portion?
</p> <p> </p> <p>CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gifnu-breakfast.gifspacer.gifBeef, top sirloin, 6 oz34301452</p> <p> </p> <p>If I am burping, its because I'm full... I'd stop there.</p> <p> </p> <p>6oz. does sound like a lot at one meal....JMHO</p>

oops that's 343 cals for the 6oz of steak

If not full on solid foods you may need another fill. It would also be helpful to do a Fluid check i.e. pull all the Fluid back into a syringe and see how much is really in there.

VG stands for "Vanguard". This band was called the "11cm" band outside the United States. The smaller sizes (9.75cm, 10cm) were FDA approved in the U.S. in 2001. They had issues with the 11cm band so they re-designed it and got it FDA approved several years later. The company didn't want people to call it the 11cm band because they of the earlier problems so they gave it a name instead of a size.

hope that helps

hey thanks a lot. my doctor did do that with the fluid when i got my fill on dec. 26th and i am on solids n i eat less portions and i stop when i feel like i have to burp...does that mean i am full? and then like 2-3hrs later i'm hungry again. i probably need more than 8cc in my band.

<p></p> <p> </p> <p>CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gifnu-breakfast.gifspacer.gifBeef, top sirloin, 6 oz34301452</p> <p> </p> <p>If I am burping, its because I'm full... I'd stop there.</p> <p> </p> <p>6oz. does sound like a lot at one meal....JMHO</p>

oops that's 343 cals for the 6oz of steak

are you able to eat steak? because my doctor told me not to eat it and then i speak to the nurse in my family doctor and she has the lap band and she is able to eat almost anything without a problem.

Karen, Don't give up . I am having the same problem with the hunger. It is so hard to take a bit and wait a minute. Try to take a bite, chew 30 times and put your fork down between bites. I make it like a game and even have my kids help to remind me. It is so funny when my 6 yr old is eating with me. She watches my face with each bite and says, "did it go down momma?" They can now tell by the look on my face if it did or not. I work in a hospital on the floor that gets all the bariatric patients. I am one of 4 staff members who got banded in 2007 and they all agree that not one of us is like the other and we all have to figure out what works for us as individuals. For me, cottage cheesse and yogurt satisfy me. Good luck to you and Happy New Year!!!!

Karen, also, remember to drink a lot of Water. Stay away from any carbonated drinks because they will expand your pouch with air.

hey thanks for the advice and happy new yr to u too. i barely drink carbinated drinks...i usually just drink water, crystal light and i always have about like 2 16oz cups of coffee a day. i can't live without my coffee lol. i can't live without diet soda though. i was never really a big soda fan. when did u get banded? it's really hard to fight my hunger but i do it though...i usually eat breakfast, lunch, n like a half of a banana with my son cuz he luvs banana's lol..and i usually eat dinner and i have like a special k Cereal bar or a 100 calorie pack for a snack at the night. i am loosing weight though...but i am still hungry between meals...and that is so cute with your daughter... are u done yet mommy? lol i used to finish my meal in like 5-7 minutes and now i almost take a half hr to eat my meal lol. well again thanks for ur advice. take care

hey no i only lost 13lbs from my pre - op diet.

Hey! 48 pounds since October is really good weight loss, I am sitting here feeling jealous because I have lost 15 measly pounds since October! You will be able to eat a lot until you reach your sweet spot (I haven't reached mine either) but like the others said it makes a HUGE difference what you eat. I don't even bother with cereal or toast anymore because they don't stay with you long enough and don't have Protein - stick with Proteins. The things that keep me full longest are chicken and turkey. I have really gotten into turkey burgers. You can fill them with all kinds of spices to make them taste great. Rachel Ray has zillions of turkey burger recipes that are really good and I make them all the time. I eat them without the bun and have a salad and that keeps me really full for a really long time. At breakfast try having turkey sausage with your eggs then have fruit (fiber filled like an apple or orange) I have found that is the best way to stay full. Don't worry too much about the quantity. That will work itself out with more fills (at least that is what they tell me! I'm in the same place as you and really hoping for that restriction I keep hearing about!!!)

Everyone that seems pleased with the band tells me the same thing: Make sure your getting High quiality protien and lots of it. Also make sure you are getting all your Water in. That helps to keep you from feeling hungry.

Christie

Hey! 48 pounds since October is really good weight loss, I am sitting here feeling jealous because I have lost 15 measly pounds since October! You will be able to eat a lot until you reach your sweet spot (I haven't reached mine either) but like the others said it makes a HUGE difference what you eat. I don't even bother with cereal or toast anymore because they don't stay with you long enough and don't have Protein - stick with Proteins. The things that keep me full longest are chicken and turkey. I have really gotten into turkey burgers. You can fill them with all kinds of spices to make them taste great. Rachel Ray has zillions of turkey burger recipes that are really good and I make them all the time. I eat them without the bun and have a salad and that keeps me really full for a really long time. At breakfast try having turkey sausage with your eggs then have fruit (fiber filled like an apple or orange) I have found that is the best way to stay full. Don't worry too much about the quantity. That will work itself out with more fills (at least that is what they tell me! I'm in the same place as you and really hoping for that restriction I keep hearing about!!!)

hey thanks for the advice..well i hope u will loose more weight and i am sure u will so there isn't any worry. it will just take some time. i luv eating the turkey burgers...i put some spices in it and u're right, they make them taste great. i hope u succeed in your weight loss and best of luck! take care