Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: Do you miss diet soda?

Do you miss diet soda?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you miss diet soda?

• No, I don't miss it at all!
    • No, I don't miss it because I still drink it!
    • Yes, I miss it but I never drink it.
    • Yes, I miss it and I take a few sips sometimes.
    • I never drink diet soda.

Amazingly, I don't miss diet soda at all. I drank at least 6 sodas a day for 20 years, so I am sooo surprised that I gave it up so easily!!

I used to drink nothing but soda morning, noon & night ... NEVER drank Water, couldn't stand the stuff ... when I started researching the band and found out that I had to give up my beloved Dr. Pepper, a tiny part of me said no way in hell am I getting that damn surgery and giving up soda! I don't drink alcohol, I've never smoked ... soda was my one & only addiction. Well, I decided to go ahead with the surgery and a month prior to it I cut out the soda completely. It was alot easier than I thought it would be as I haven't thought about it, craved it or even missed it. Last week I took a tiny sip of my son's soda and it actually tasted disgusting! These days I am perfectly content with my Water & Crystal Light and for me, that in itself is a huge accomplishment! :rolleyes:

WE are so twins!! I never drank water, only diet pop or juice. Never thought I'd be able to do this, but Crystal Light has been my saving grace. I drink 8 glasses of it a day, sometimes more. It does the trick for me in between meals. I carry the to go packets with me in my purse all the time.

Luckily, I don't miss it at all. I never really cared for diet soda a whole lot, only Coke Zero. As long as I can have Water or tea, im good.

I am a former diet coke addict as well. But, since getting my band I have not had any soda. The one time I took a small sip, like others, I thought it tasted really nasty!

my doctor doesn't care if we drink diet soda. he just wants us to flatten it. i have been...i've been drinking it lately..but i've also been having a lot of gas, so i think i'm going to cut it back out.

oh yeah, i should have added that i was not an actual addict..i would have one a day, but it was not diet. i drink crystal light mainly, but lately i've been drinking diet orange soda. and..coke zero's are awesome.

I am a reformed cola addict. I would drink cokes all day, then I went to one a day. Before the surgery I had to let go my friends ( junk food and cokes). I made a mistake and sipped a drink and what my stomach went through I decided not to make that mistake again. Can we say "tiny bubbles" all in my stomach.:rolleyes:

I stopped drinking soda in July two months before surgery.

I really do not miss it at all

Joe Frank

I really miss coke zero. I do have the very occasional soda, because I really enjoy it. I'm just afraid to drink it every day. I do not want to mess things up. Also, if I really feel like having a soda, I will choose diet lemonade or diet tea. That seems to fulfill the craving most of the time.

I don't miss diet pop at all. I haven't had any in over a year.

My dr. wants me to tdrink 64oz of Water per day, and I can't drink anything else in order to get the Water in. It makes it tricky when you can't drink for an hour.

I don't drink crystal light because I believe it has aspertane in it, and I have read too many things about how horrible that stuff is on the body.

I used to drink a lot of diet Mt Dew, and I miss it!! I am not banded yet, but part of the process of getting there is giving up caffeine and bubbles. ;) At least I'm saving money I guess!

I drank diet pepsi for many years, one a day at 7:30am. I always drank Water and nothing else for the rest of the day. I have never been a coffee drinker and It was what woke my mouth up. I do miss it. I dont want to take any chances on anything going wrong with the band, as I hear can happen, so i quit cold turkey a week before surgery. Now, with the no drinking for an hour after meals I find it hard to drink the 8 glasses of water.

I had given up diet coke and gum because the nutritionist said so. Then she went on maternity leave and I talked to the nurse who did the fill and she told me I can drink diet soda and chew gum. So I am back to it but not as addicted to it, as I like other things like diet snapple and diet citrus green tea.

I was a die hard Diet Pepsi-aholic!!! I never drank Water, told everyone that it would rust my pipes...However, I haven't had a diet drink since I did my 2 week liquid pre-op in July 07. and don't miss it at all. I was REALLY afraid that I couldn't survive without it, but so far no problem.