Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise challenge - 2008

I am boarding your train! I have about 20lbs to go. I will take my measurments tonight or in the morning. I have to tone these legs up so I can wear shorts this summer...lol.

I too have knee problems, I think it is time to see a Dr about it. My right knee grinds so much when I do squats, the person on the side of me can hear it. Its like bone rubbing on bone. It's gross!

Everybody count me in too !!!

I have my band surgery 01/14/08 YAH !!!

And can use anything to get me through this last week of this pre-op diet. So i'm looking forward to the challange.

I am going to give this a try! I had my surgery in September and have been doing well, but I have not been exercising. I know I need to do it, but I cannot seem to get motivated. Instead I seem to sabotage myself and eat bad things, which sucks. I would rather exercise, and at least doing it this way I won’t feel like I am alone.

Good job Jen! I've been working on the "mental" part of me this week, tomorrow, I will start on the physical part.

I just took my measurements and I'm going to do the dreaded picture of me so I can compare myself every month. I'm ready to see some changes!

Okay, I hope everyone is geared up for the exercise challenge! Get out those running shoes/walking shoes, get out those workout pants, and grab a towel to dab off your sweat, lets get started!

Whew...I watched Dancing with the Stars cardio workout...that looks soo fun.....might be where I start tomorrow. I did a little bit of practicing with the bands today as well...not to mention picking rocks. Good for arms and back and butt!!

Okay - I did it, I got my rear out of bed this morning at 4:50 am and headed to the gym.

My knee is burning, and I'm tired, but I feel good at the same time. Now I just have to do this for 20 more days in order to make this a habit.

I'm so glad I forced myself out of bed and begin the challenge! I took all my measurements, however, I have not taken a picture yet, so I will do that tonite.

How is everyone else doing?

Tonya, I'm with you. I got up at 5:50 and hit the ellipital...geez..20 minutes was tough. I also did some stretching and crunches. I have a mini-goal of 100 crunches a day. I had this fantasy that 20 minutes would be a cake-walk...not.

I'll take measurements before my shower and then tonight the dreaded picture. I haven't even mentioned it to my DH...he will think I've lost my mind. For some reason I was thinking I needed to take the picture in my undies...but duh..I can wear clothes...

Hope to hear from all you challenge joiners!! How'd ya do?

Well I hit the Gazelle for 23 min. My legs are hurting this morning...lol.

I hope I didn't over-do it . . . I just did 40 minutes on my treadmill and so far feel great! I have been fighting a sinus infection and didn't feel like working out yesterday, so I pushed it a little today. My plan is to start out slow, walking 20-30 minutes a day for the first couple of weeks and then add time and increase the incline. I would like to lose about 10-15 more pounds and don't think it is going to happen without exercise . . . .

Yay, us!!!

I haven't missed a day. I am doing resistance 3x/week and trying to do cardio 5x/week for 20 minutes right now but I want to get up to an hour. I can't do an hour straight but maybe 2x30 per day.

I can already tell in my pant legs, pretty amazing

Well I am trying to shoot for 3x's a week. Mon, Wed ,and Fri. If I can do this, it is better than none. On the days I am off I am fine. When I work I work a 12 hour shift and have a 7 year old, so it makes thing really hard if you know what mean.

Loser - I think that is a great plan. Wow, 12-hour shifts, just think how much easier those will be after you have exercised 3x a week for awhile!

Sunshine - how is the knee? You were an exercise inspiration before you hurt your knee and now when I think I hurt when exercising I think of you and your knee and how hard you are probably working!!

Day three for me and all is well. I'm sore in my upper body from that workout yesterday and pushups of course...and crunches.. But that is always kind of a "hurts so good" thing.

My eating has remained appropriate and no problems. I'm glad I put off the fill as I do feel restriction now.

Good day to you all.

I'm on day 3 too. I did my upper body on Monday and sore too. I worked out twice yesterday, but only for a total of about 40 to 45 minutes combined. I wish I could do more, but working toward that. My knee just won't allow me to push as hard as I want to. It gets sore really fast! However, I was able to do 15 min on the elliptical and before I was only able to do 5 min before my knee gave out. So I can see it is improving!

Sunshine, you are getting stronger! When you did the BFL challenge last time, did you stick to the 20 cardio? Or did you keep adding time to the cardio. I did the 20 twice, first time was harder, then today it was okay. Tomorrow is legs...I'll hardly be able to walk after doing lunges..those kill me. And I don't have any excuse!