Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does a typical day of eating and acitivity look like to you?



Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm apparently more anal retentive than everyone else who's responded so far, but most are in maintenance so they can and have learned what works for them.

My daily intake is very structured because I really don't like cooking or trying to figure out what to eat. Plus, unfortunately I'm a slow loser.

Breakfast:

Either I have 1/2 cup high Protein overnight oats made with Fairlife Core Power milk (42g protein) but only use half of the bottle so 21g for a total number of 30g +-

or

2 low fat turkey bacon slices and 1/2 bottle of my fairlife protein milk 30 mins later, either meal with a half cup of coffee 30 mins beforehand.

Lunch:

1/2 c homemade turkey chili with 2 tablespoons Fage Greek yogurt 14g+- protein total or

Pacifica organic Soup 1/2 cup

Dinner:

Either the turkey chili again with added 1 tablespoon cheese on a low carb high protein tortillas or

3oz chicken (20g protein) cut into cubes with G.Huges chili Thai dipping sauce (low carb - 2 carbs, low calorie - 5) 2 small florets broccoli, 1 tablespoon skim cheese and Fage Greek yogurt on a low carb high protein (7grams) tortilla 32+- total grams protein

Snack:

1 no sugar added fudgecicle (40 calories) or 1 tablespoon no sugar added chocolate chips (70 calories) or

a fiesta string cheese (70 calories) or

Homemade "brownie batter" or "chocolate chip cookie dough" protein balls (neither really taste like the title says, but its what they're calling them on the recipes 😋

This works out to:

80 grams protein

800 calories

50 net carbs

19 grams sugars

Fat 16 - 28g

Boring I know, but as I said if I think about what I want to eat to much..its not healthy foods or foods I'm allowed to have 6 months in. I'm trying to eat to live not live to eat.. So I keep it regimented so I know where I stand. As far as exercise I was walking 3 miles a day with light weight training..but I'm having hip abductors and hip flexor issues now plus my bum hurts (I never contemplated before surgery losing weight would make sitting/bum hurt) so I'm starting PT on Monday so the exercise has stopped for now.

Edited by BlondePatriotInCDA
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BlondePatriotInCDA said:

I'm apparently more anal retentive than everyone else who's responded so far, but most are in maintenance so they can and have learned what works for them.

My daily intake is very structured because I really don't like cooking or trying to figure out what to eat. Plus, unfortunately I'm a slow loser.

Breakfast:

Either I have 1/2 cup high Protein overnight oats made with Fairlife Core Power milk (42g protein) but only use half of the bottle so 21g for a total number of 30g +-

or

2 low fat turkey bacon slices and 1/2 bottle of my fairlife Protein milk 30 mins later, either meal with a half cup of coffee 30 mins beforehand.

Lunch:

1/2 c homemade turkey chili with 2 tablespoons Fage Greek yogurt 14g+- protein total or

Pacifica organic Soup 1/2 cup

Dinner:

Either the turkey chili again with added 1 tablespoon cheese on a low carb high protein tortillas or

3oz chicken (20g protein) cut into cubes with G.Huges chili Thai dipping sauce (low carb - 2 carbs, low calorie - 5) 2 small florets broccoli, 1 tablespoon skim cheese and Fage Greek yogurt on a low carb high protein (7grams) tortilla 32+- total grams protein

Snack:

1 no sugar added fudgecicle (40 calories) or 1 tablespoon no sugar added chocolate chips (70 calories) or

a fiesta string cheese (70 calories) or

Homemade "brownie batter" or "chocolate chip cookie dough" protein balls (neither really taste like the title says, but its what they're calling them on the recipes 😋

This works out to:

80 grams protein

800 calories

50 net carbs

19 grams sugars

Fat 16 - 28g

Boring I know, but as I said if I think about what I want to eat to much..its not healthy foods or foods I'm allowed to have 6 months in. I'm trying to eat to live not live to eat.. So I keep it regimented so I know where I stand. As far as exercise I was walking 3 miles a day with light weight training..but I'm having hip abductors and hip flexor issues now plus my bum hurts (I never contemplated before surgery losing weight would make sitting/bum hurt) so I'm starting PT on Monday so the exercise has stopped for now.

NOt boring at all! I like structure! this week I haven't had that. I am making foods on the fly because its been busy this week. But I would like to try and cut back my calories somewhere. Idk where but I feel like I can cut it back somehwere lol I like your lunches! do you just make that in the crockpot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

NOt boring at all! I like structure! this week I haven't had that. I am making foods on the fly because its been busy this week. But I would like to try and cut back my calories somewhere. Idk where but I feel like I can cut it back somehwere lol I like your lunches! do you just make that in the crockpot?

I use either a crockpot or a tall pan (it takes no more than 15 mins) it makes several weeks worth, I freeze half! The Beans is where I get 90+% of my carbs 😕 but it gives me my fiber so its a trade off. Fiber is carbs.

1 large package ground turkey

1 large can kidney beans

1 large can chili beans in chili sauce

2 cans mushrooms

I occasionally mix in with each bowl after cooking banana peppers.

3/4 jar of G. Huges sauce either the Thai chili sauce (its sweeter) or their BBQ Sauce. Brown the turkey drain, mix in beans, mushrooms and sauce. That's it. I Iove sauces and G. Huges has tons; yum yum sauce tastes like chic filet sauce, Polynesian sauce, several bbq flavors to change it up, chili Thai is sweet kinda like Chinese plum sauce and numerous others. All very low calories and low carb - no sugars ... They sell quickly so I always buy several when I see them!

Edited by BlondePatriotInCDA
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlondePatriotInCDA said:

I use either a crockpot or a tall pan (it takes no more than 15 mins) it makes several weeks worth, I freeze half! The Beans is where I get 90+% of my carbs 😕 but it gives me my Fiber so its a trade off. Fiber is carbs.

1 large package ground turkey

1 large can kidney Beans

1 large can chili beans in chili sauce

2 cans mushrooms

I occasionally mix in with each bowl after cooking banana peppers.

3/4 jar of G. Huges sauce either the Thai chili sauce (its sweeter) or their BBQ Sauce. Brown the turkey drain, mix in beans, mushrooms and sauce. That's it. I Iove sauces and G. Huges has tons; yum yum sauce tastes like chic filet sauce, Polynesian sauce, several bbq flavors to change it up, chili Thai is sweet kinda like Chinese plum sauce and numerous others. All very low calories and low carb - no sugars ... They sell quickly so I always buy several when I see them!

I have his Teriyaki sauce! Its so good! I will have to try the Turkey chili thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a choice of 2 breakfasts, either 150 grams full fat Greek yoghurt with berries 170 cals and a homemade latte, 100 cals and all this adds to about 25 grams of Protein

or a 27 gram sachet of porridge oats with milk and added ginger jam to sweeten it and a latte. I love ginger jam. This adds up to 25 grams of protein and 280 calories

lunch is either home made Soup with lentils and bacon/ chicken added for protein or a 2 egg cheese omelette, scrambled eggs or fried eggs. Around 250 calories and up to 20 grams of protein.

snack, Milky coffee, a piece of fruit and some blue cheese 200 cals and 8 grams of protein

Evening meal, Homemade family meal minus the carbs or a salad with fish or meat. About 250 cals and 15 grams of protein.

Snacks of either fruit and cheese, fruit lolly or a almond magnum, packet of low fat crisps and a homemade cheese dip.

I aim for 60 grams of protein and 1500 calories for maintenance. Once a week I may go over on a hungry day and one day I will forget to eat and be miles under so it all balances out. I realise I eat a lot of dairy but my cholesterol is ok at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, AmberFL said:

I have his Teriyaki sauce! Its so good! I will have to try the Turkey chili thank you!

Oh I forgot to mention the Teriyaki.. It is delightful! Tbo..I have yet to have a bad sauce by that company yet! You're welcome! Its not gourmet, but its quick, easy and filling and lasts for several meals.

Edited by BlondePatriotInCDA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm almost 5 ½ years out. At this point i don't have a "typical" day of eating at all. It all really depends whats in my fridge, or where i am or what i feel like eating (and yes that includes Cookies and bread).

Now yesterday we went to costco and i loaded up on my fave lettuce mix (bought 2 boxes), also picked up a bag of avocados. so i had a salad for lunch and will probably going to be eating salads with avocado for the next week or so if/when i'm home...but its fair game to whatever when i'm out and about. for instance last night was margaritas (2) and 3 spicy chicken wings (oh and i bite of my pals' dessert crepe..spoiler alert it was NOT good) 🤷🏻‍♀️ i average 1800-2000 cals a day these days tho.

BUT...at your stage (2 months post op, if i do my math correctly?) here is a sample of what i ate for a week back then:

this week was the xmas holidays for me tho, so there was alot of eating out and not so much prepared foods at home. and you can see that i consumed almost double the amount of calories i normally take in on xmas eve...and i remember having a barf at some point that day (i was still learning my full cues so barfing was pretty common for me around 1-3 months)

overall, slightly higher than normal calories (for ME at that time) on a couple other days that week. i also remember that i probably would have eaten more on the actual xmas day, but i drank a few sips of a super sweet alcoholic drink that night and i was counted out for the night due to a bad bout of dumping. yikes...it was NOT pretty. *shudder*

anyway here are some screenshots from MFP for the week at my 2 month post op mark:

also note that while these are logged as "meals" i generally pecked at each "meal" throughout the day and didn't actually eat all listed at one sitting. note also i did NOT make my Protein goals by any means. i didn't come close to doing that regularly until sometime after the 3 month mark. and why there doesn't seem to be any Protein Shake consumption this week, i do not know!

lastly, i had a lot of fun looking up my old food logs, so thanks for inspiring me to, lol.

1125260455_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_37_40AM.thumb.png.384ddd6748da8aa377a968e788c19be1.png 2101762067_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_38_32AM.thumb.png.2ae40c92d88e84b3cac247523824c7bc.png 1927745763_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_38_52AM.thumb.png.2e45e16e6c502ec2fbdb3aa69dea9b31.png 1337708207_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_39_07AM.thumb.png.c1eed28c08c7e9c00e77da6a9d9cb67f.png 2085732922_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_39_23AM.thumb.png.42eedf8cc41c35f321cc701b6013cf85.png 914980451_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_39_36AM.thumb.png.6dd6819dac5d1bc1c4f483b3eae53065.png 483921194_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_40_04AM.thumb.png.3d16ec93dd7c1613f8392e1084b79b87.png 204485955_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_40_19AM.thumb.png.6f4fe418c35475b7484b6b241a0e16c9.png

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I'm almost 5 ½ years out. At this point i don't have a "typical" day of eating at all. It all really depends whats in my fridge, or where i am or what i feel like eating (and yes that includes Cookies and bread).

Now yesterday we went to costco and i loaded up on my fave lettuce mix (bought 2 boxes), also picked up a bag of avocados. so i had a salad for lunch and will probably going to be eating salads with avocado for the next week or so if/when i'm home...but its fair game to whatever when i'm out and about. for instance last night was margaritas (2) and 3 spicy chicken wings (oh and i bite of my pals' dessert crepe..spoiler alert it was NOT good) 🤷🏻‍♀️ i average 1800-2000 cals a day these days tho.

BUT...at your stage (2 months post op, if i do my math correctly?) here is a sample of what i ate for a week back then:

this week was the xmas holidays for me tho, so there was alot of eating out and not so much prepared foods at home. and you can see that i consumed almost double the amount of calories i normally take in on xmas eve...and i remember having a barf at some point that day (i was still learning my full cues so barfing was pretty common for me around 1-3 months)

overall, slightly higher than normal calories (for ME at that time) on a couple other days that week. i also remember that i probably would have eaten more on the actual xmas day, but i drank a few sips of a super sweet alcoholic drink that night and i was counted out for the night due to a bad bout of dumping. yikes...it was NOT pretty. *shudder*

anyway here are some screenshots from MFP for the week at my 2 month post op mark:

also note that while these are logged as "meals" i generally pecked at each "meal" throughout the day and didn't actually eat all listed at one sitting. note also i did NOT make my Protein goals by any means. i didn't come close to doing that regularly until sometime after the 3 month mark. and why there doesn't seem to be any Protein Shake consumption this week, i do not know!

lastly, i had a lot of fun looking up my old food logs, so thanks for inspiring me to, lol.

1125260455_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_37_40AM.thumb.png.384ddd6748da8aa377a968e788c19be1.png 2101762067_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_38_32AM.thumb.png.2ae40c92d88e84b3cac247523824c7bc.png 1927745763_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_38_52AM.thumb.png.2e45e16e6c502ec2fbdb3aa69dea9b31.png 1337708207_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_39_07AM.thumb.png.c1eed28c08c7e9c00e77da6a9d9cb67f.png 2085732922_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_39_23AM.thumb.png.42eedf8cc41c35f321cc701b6013cf85.png 914980451_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_39_36AM.thumb.png.6dd6819dac5d1bc1c4f483b3eae53065.png 483921194_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_40_04AM.thumb.png.3d16ec93dd7c1613f8392e1084b79b87.png 204485955_Screenshot2024-03-15at9_40_19AM.thumb.png.6f4fe418c35475b7484b6b241a0e16c9.png

I am eating triple what you ate at this stage. Wowza! I must be doing something wrong. I am trying to cut back to 900cal. Typically is 1000 cal a day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

I am eating triple what you ate at this stage. Wowza! I must be doing something wrong. I am trying to cut back to 900cal. Typically is 1000 cal a day

Why are you trying to cut back? What do your doctor and dietician have to say about it?

You seem to be losing weight very rapidly and doing well, so I don't see how you're doing anything wrong, unless the specific foods you are choosing are bad for you. But just because someone else ate less doesn't mean you aren't doing what is right for you!

Remember that 1000 calories per day pre surgery would have been starvation level, and it's very hard to get in the nutrients your body requires in even that amount of food.

You've had a metabolism altering surgery. Choose healthy Protein and natural foods. Let your new metabolism figure out what it needs to function at the best level for you. If you deprive yourself of calories now, you're setting yourself up for a lifetime of deprivation. Remember it's supposed to take a year to reach your goal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

I am eating triple what you ate at this stage. Wowza! I must be doing something wrong. I am trying to cut back to 900cal. Typically is 1000 cal a day

nope, doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong.

you are losing weight, you are feeling good and your doc has no complaints. sounds like you are doing everything right.

my first 3 months post op was all about food aversion and stomach restriction. i didn't make my Protein goals for 3 months. my was tired and faint-y.

everyone gets to their "place" in their own way and speed.

no need to change what ain't broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • jparadigm

      Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

      Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Dawn 1974

      4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • jparadigm

      Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • sammijaee

      I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×