Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One year milestone… ready for plastics!

On 3/3 I hit my one year anniversary— been holding steady the last two months or so — about 10 lbs lower than my original goal. Heading into plastic surgery next week— tummy tuck! (Yay). Down 75+ lbs— Some days i really understand the changes, and others I am in disbelief. It’s slowly catching up with me.

5’1’’ Female, age 53

Start weight 195, day of surgery 184- current weight 119.2

IMG_6665.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

Awesome! I was told I needed to wait 18-24 months, but then again I started higher. :D

You already look amazing. You've done so well. I hope this surgery gets you to where you really want to be.

Thank you guys!

I am having a Tummy Tuck and skinny bbl! I dont want to lose anymore weight at this point, but rather get rid of the loose skin on my stomach and perhaps lift up the backside/eliminate some sag there. I go wednesday, so Im starting to get a little anxious about it—i know it will be fine, but am not looking forward to being in recovery for a while. Any advice or tips appreciated.

12 hours ago, Sigh said:

Thank you guys!

I am having a Tummy Tuck and skinny bbl! I dont want to lose anymore weight at this point, but rather get rid of the loose skin on my stomach and perhaps lift up the backside/eliminate some sag there. I go wednesday, so Im starting to get a little anxious about it—i know it will be fine, but am not looking forward to being in recovery for a while. Any advice or tips appreciated.

So many great tips out on the internet, the one I found most helpful is not to prematurely rush recovery with the goal of getting back to normal as soon as possible.

The other is to be very specific with your surgeon about your expectations and make sure they align. Especially if you get to chat again during preop.

For instance instead of saying I just want my loose skin gone, it’s helpful to say I want to be as flat/tight/contoured as possible.

here's a tip i would have contemplated had i known:

choose your Tummy Tuck incision (if u can) based on your preferred bikini bottom preference!

my scar is straight across. so it is hidden when i wear a regular low cut bikini. BUT if i wear a high thigh cut one the scar shows on my hips....and i actually would prefer to wear the latter cuz it makes one's legs look longer!

there is another TT type incision that is more V-like which is more suited to those. had i known, i wouldn't chosen that type (if it was an option offered by my surgeon)

also... use silicone scar tape! i used it on all my scars but i was more diligent about it on my arms, and the scars there are noticeably lighter than other areas which i was lax on taping.

and finally, like GT said: take it easy and don't do too much to soon. i tried to be superman and starting exercising/running way too soon and i busted open my stitches...TWICE. it probably extended my recovery by an extra 2 months. boo.

im excited for you! plastics is a game changer!

good luck ❤️!

Thank you for the great information- I did get to consult with dr before— and got the v-shape as that was what dr preferred as well. I had 4lbs of skin removed from my stomach, and they Lipo scuplted arms, waist and back to get the 2lbs of fat to use for the tiny bbl they were able to complete. I am 3 weeks out (as of Wednesday April 10) and am very pleased with the results so far. The back side is not super dramatic, which I am happy about.

Surgery went well, although i did have to have an Iron treatment because my hemoglobin dropped 4 points ..but after that i felt great. Instead of general they used an epidural and exparel- so I didn't need any major pain meds after. Just had a headache for a couple of days, so Tylenol was solution. Staying in a recovery house for a week was THE best decision for me to not push it and to make sure i could recover well— at home I’d have been doing things when i should have been resting. No real pain to speak of from anything- sore and tight might describe it best—but that eased up at the end of the week. I admittedly have a high pain tolerance, and after previous breast reduction and hysterectomy knew some of what to expect.

Now, Im just working from home and living a fairly normal life. Driving, walking, etc with ease. In a few weeks, I will be cleared to start exercising- which I have never done— so slow and steady will be course of action. Ill post some pics when things settle and i don't look too Frankenstein like.

Thank you all for the kind words and support! Plastics is a game changer!

yay! can't wait to see ur awesome results!

So great to read your update. Sounds like everything went really well!