Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2024 surgery buddies

7 hours ago, Marcia91 said:

Today marks 3 weeks post op for me, I just had soft chicken pho, not with all the noodles and Ive had no issues. Anyone else try Pho or Soups with chicken yet?

Tonight I had chicken noodle Soup with protein..however I did blender it and strain it.. I had surgery Jan 30...I had no issues

On 2/2/2024 at 10:25 AM, Mandy_VSG said:

I had surgery 1/24 and this morning was my first post op appt (9 days). I lost 18 pounds! Like, WHAT!? It’s not even 2 weeks. I was so shocked I wasn’t even emotional. Today, I am celebrating me for doing this.

I am craving sugar free popsicles but specifically Italian ice. Lately I’ve noticed that my Water has to be ice cold for me to drink and I just like the coldness of popsicles. Any suggestions?

On 1/11/2024 at 4:32 PM, Lily2024 said:

So my 2oz food containers are tuna fish with light mayo, then I add a splash of Pickle Juice to it for flavor. I also whipped up some Jell-O Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge pudding, with 2 cups of Fairlife (extra Protein, lactose free) skim milk and a scoop of Isopure Protein Powder. I've also mixed tuna with cottage cheese, and salmon with light cream cheese. Today I pureed ground turkey with some broth, ate it with taco bell mild sauce.

Thanks for the tuna fish Idea! Today is my 2nd day on pureed food and I tried it. I'm tolerating it quite well and it's tasty. I tried scrambled egg yesterday and my stomach let me know it wasn't happy! Maybe it was too dry or too chunky or something, because eggs are pretty bland, and I thought it would be a good starter food, but no.

My husband, daughter, and son all have had the flu the last few days. Horrible vomiting and diarrhea. I am so afraid of throwing up. I’m almost 3 weeks post op from RNY. If the worst happens and I do throw up will it tear open my stitches?

On 02/10/2024 at 23:26, lark188613@comcast.net said:

Nope. I've thrown up on several occasions (at least once a week). Haven't torn anything

Thank you, and I’m sorry you have to go through that.

Last night my family went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant and I didn’t want to be the downer so o went with them. As I was looking over the menu, I just wanted to cry. My options were very limited. I hated that feeling of not being able to enjoy a family dinner.

I just did it on 7 Feb 2024.

On 2/4/2024 at 12:18 PM, Doris27 said:

Hi there,

i’m 25 days post op and had a horrible bout of nausea yesterday. Completely out of the blue, I was out walking, stopped for a cup of weak black tea which I drank sitting outside in a bracing wind, when I stood up, it came over me like a wave. Horrid.
At 10 days post op I’d had a couple bouts of nausea, mostly at night, when asleep, and they would waken me up. Treatments from my surgeon include a nightly cyclizine, stemitil wafers and a morning lanzoprazole. I was surprised to feel nauseated yesterday, cause it had been a couple weeks since the last bout.
hopefully it will become even less frequent??
well done on going out yesterday. It’s good to get moving.

I went out food shopping too about 8 days after surgery and let me tell you… I felt dizzy and everything was spinning around me. I went and sit in the car too.

When I told my doctor, she screamed at me for going out. I had a revision RNY which is a major surgery. I didn’t expect it to have that effect with me.

I finally feel better after full 3 weeks. I am glad I took 3 weeks off from work. From time to time I still feel dizzy. I think I need more liquid intake.

How are you feeling now?

Edited by newbegining2024

On 1/28/2024 at 4:00 AM, Daytimer88 said:

Jan 22, now one week out and still in significant pain. I had revision sleeve to gastric bypass.

I have my revision sleeve to RNY as well on 1/22 and took me full 3 weeks to feel better.

How are you feeling now?

I loss 8.5/9 lbs after 1 week of surgery, week 2 and 3 I hit the plateau. Finally broke the plateau yesterday. So starting my week 4 and loss addition 1.5 lb. Total of 10 lbs or so.

Edited by newbegining2024

Had my surgery on 1/25 and I’ve been off work for a full 3 weeks. Tomorrow is my first day back and I’m DREADING it. My energy levels have been low. Since I’ve been off, I’ve been waking up around 8am after a good 10 hours of sleep and I’ll do a few things around the house. Nothing strenuous. I don’t work a desk job and am constantly on my feet from 7am to 7pm. All this week I’ve been trying to wake up at 4am which is when I would normally get up for work, but I just end up napping.

I work the next 3 days in a row. It’s gonna be rough!!! Wish me luck!

Just now, Mandy_VSG said:

So I am just about one month post which is CRAZY. Does everyone’s hunger vary by day?

YES!! I feel like I am starving sometimes.

24 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

YES!! I feel like I am starving sometimes.

Same here! Some days I don’t feel that hungry and other days I feel so hungry!!
also I’m on soft food and struggling abit on that even with healthy fats like eggs my dietician said

13 hours ago, bariangelas said:

Same here! Some days I don’t feel that hungry and other days I feel so hungry!!
also I’m on soft food and struggling abit on that even with healthy fats like eggs my dietician said

same! I am on soft foods as well, and I found that if I eat the soft chicken or turkey. I eat 1oz I feel so satisfied for a long time too. So I think incorporating those Protein rich foods will help us. :)