Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Buddies!

Hi - my surgery is 23rd Dec :)

Had my surgery yesterday!!

I was extremely poorly from the anaesthetic and was sick a lot last night. Definitely had a thought of “what the hell have you done” but this morning have managed to keep some morphine down, have tottered about and sorry to be graphic but passing wind is the best thing you will ever feel after surgery!!!!

can’t wait to carry on recovering now. Xxx

Had my surgery yesterday!!

I was extremely poorly from the anaesthetic and was sick a lot last night. Definitely had a thought of “what the hell have you done” but this morning have managed to keep some morphine down, have tottered about and sorry to be graphic but passing wind is the best thing you will ever feel after surgery!!!!

can’t wait to carry on recovering now. Xxx

Guys I don't know why but yesterday day 5 was pretty hard for me. Not the first three days lol...I just wanted to say for anyone who has the 28th we are almost there!! I am drinking a bit more broth in between but probably because I am bored and it's cold now in south GA 🤣. Love seeing everyone's posts!

My surgery date is the 27th. Yesterday preop was a bust for me yesterday. So much stress. Today I am dealing with different stress now because I’m seeing “issues” with my dr office I am not happy with. I ended up pigging out on fried catfish and fries last night on my way home from his office. I am going to be back on track today and I have 7 days left of preop so I am hoping all goes well.

I went in for my final preop appointment and we talked (well he talked) about possible issues that happen but how rare they are. He told me I would be given antibiotics beforehand. Then I get notification that I have a bunch of prescriptions at my pharmacy. He NEVER went over the medication he was sending to the pharmacy. I didn’t even know he was sending them! Then when I just called the office and told her he never went over the meds with me she said oh we just send the prescription the pharmacist will let you know how to take it 🤬🤬🤬🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. That is sooooo not right!!

Im in Georgia also!!

My surgery date is the 27th. Yesterday preop was a bust for me yesterday. So much stress. Today I am dealing with different stress now because I’m seeing “issues” with my dr office I am not happy with. I ended up pigging out on fried catfish and fries last night on my way home from his office. I am going to be back on track today and I have 7 days left of preop so I am hoping all goes well.

I went in for my final preop appointment and we talked (well he talked) about possible issues that happen but how rare they are. He told me I would be given antibiotics beforehand. Then I get notification that I have a bunch of prescriptions at my pharmacy. He NEVER went over the medication he was sending to the pharmacy. I didn’t even know he was sending them! Then when I just called the office and told her he never went over the meds with me she said oh we just send the prescription the pharmacist will let you know how to take it 🤬🤬🤬🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. That is sooooo not right!!

Im in Georgia also!!

Oh my gosh @MLC3409 why the 360 with the doctor? And I don't blame you with the food because this is very hard work (especially for myself with a husband and three kids). Did he find something wrong yesterday? Is he going to keep the surgery date? (I think you said yes) and they wouldn't be ordering meds without telling you.

Keep on plugging along!! And remember the why and keep telling yourself that...Reach out whenever...my problem is I am also looking at stuff for the purees stage and so on lol because I want time to fly by. I been adding "bullion" to my broth as a treat.

No nothing wrong. The antibiotics is just as a precaution against any potential infection. I mean I know the office girls are rather flaky but I was just pissed that he didn’t even say I’m sending this ,this and this to your pharmacy. I mean I know the pain meds but he didn’t tell me about the nausea meds. I don’t know maybe it is just me. I was just so stressed.
my surgery is a go and I am more nervous then I was before. The closer it gets.
thankfully I live alone and I don’t have to deal with others to feed regular food for.

I'm glad all is good and I get it 100%. I'm nervous myself but apparently my surgery is about 30 mins they say. I'm just paranoid about all the stuff we are seeing after surgery that people are questioning.

I almost cancelled my surgery because of the stuff I worked myself up over on posts. I swore nobody had zero pain, no gas pains, zero issues etc. but went ahead anyways 12/7 and legit been no pain - no meds- eating and drinking Without any issue - was out dancing at a holiday party 6 days PO. Other than a little tired doing great! It’s not all bad for everyone!!!

Oh I know right!! I have friends that have had the surgery and a couple had some nightmare experiences. One even ended up in a 2 week drug induced coma 😱😱😱. That is a rare occurrence though. But I have seen the best and worse of everything from their experiences. The truth is through all of them I have learned what NOT to do lol.

I did talk with my dr about the cookbook that I got and he kind of fluffed it off and told me just follow what they gave me. I verified that strawberries and ricotta cheese is out for the first two weeks even if blended in a smoothie. So that rules out two of my cook book recipes. But that is fine. I can do the others. I also told him I got powdered Peanut Butter for smoothies and he said too much fat but I looked at the label and no it isn’t. 😡😡 another thing that irritates me about him.

i think i am just being sensitive about things because i am looking for reasons to not go through with this. I think mostly because I am worried about my level of aftercare with him and his office.

4 minutes ago, Mjtcollective said:

I almost cancelled my surgery because of the stuff I worked myself up over on posts. I swore nobody had zero pain, no gas pains, zero issues etc. but went ahead anyways 12/7 and legit been no pain - no meds- eating and drinking Without any issue - was out dancing at a holiday party 6 days PO. Other than a little tired doing great! It’s not all bad for everyone!!!

Oh yeah!!! I have many people I have seen doing great and I hope I have a great experience too.

I am so happy that things are going so great for you!!! Which surgery did you have?

Sleeve :) my ins wouldn’t cover it so I went to Mexico. Since my consult w my doc 10/18 and surgery 12/7 I’m down 32 pounds from 10/18!!! 12 before 20 post. I’m a tummy sleeper and even back to that as of last night!!

Hey guys, I was sleeved 12/14. Anyone else having issues mentally? Also my husband got McDonald’s tonight and I stupidly ate a French fry now all I can do is cry because I’m terrified I’m going to fail and that French fry was the proof. 😭