Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 50yo or older?

I turn 50 in September and I had my mini gastric bypass this week.

66 yo on March 9, had my sleeve on March 23. I have had no pain (other than some bloating) no nausea, no vomiting. I’m in the full liquids stage of my diet now and have experienced no hunger. I’m starting to wonder if I really had surgery!! But seriously, this is the best decision I’ve ever made (other than marrying my beautiful wife and having my kids). Weighed 299 in January. With pre op diet and surgery I’m now at 245. Energy level is high, stopping some medication, sleeping without bipap.

2 hours ago, ViaLia said:

I turn 50 in September and I had my mini gastric bypass this week.

What's a mini gastric bypass,?

54 minutes ago, mmoffi said:

66 yo on March 9, had my sleeve on March 23. I have had no pain (other than some bloating) no nausea, no vomiting. I’m in the full liquids stage of my diet now and have experienced no hunger. I’m starting to wonder if I really had surgery!! But seriously, this is the best decision I’ve ever made (other than marrying my beautiful wife and having my kids). Weighed 299 in January. With pre op diet and surgery I’m now at 245. Energy level is high, stopping some medication, sleeping without bipap.

@mmoffi congrats this is AWESOME! Continued success on your journey.

Hi my name Corine and I’m 51 and I got mine on March 22, 2023 so good so far some people thought I might be too old to get it done but I said no way let’s do it.

@rolawre
Since surgery I’m down 15 lbs how about you?

On 04/02/2023 at 21:18, rolawre said:

@Corine1014 congrats! How many lbs are you down so far?

Since surgery I’m down 15 pounds how about yourself?

I haven’t yet had it done. Medicare didn’t have to be pre approved but Humana advantage does so my surgery will be on April 24th.

Edited by Gwendy Dunn
Wrong date.

13 hours ago, Corine1014 said:

@rolawre
Since surgery I’m down 15 lbs how about you?

13 hours ago, Corine1014 said:

Since surgery I’m down 15 pounds how about yourself?

@Corine1014 thats awesome you go🍾💃🍾💃 my surgery date is May 9th

I am almost 74. I had a lapband done in 2009 and did well, but had complications and they took all the saline out in 2012, and finally had the band taken out and getting ready to have the sleeve done sometimes in the last week in March.I remember everything about things to do to prepare and have most of everything ready for the 2 weeks liquid diet before surgery as well for the first 2 weeks post surgery.How soon will I be able to take regular medications post surgery?
Has anyone tried baby food during the purée stage?

Congrats on upcoming surgery. I'm 64 and had the VSG on 2/1/23. I'm doing well. My doctor had no restrictions on when I could take my medications. So I would talk to him/her and check. They started me on mine immediately after surgery in the hospital. I wish you well! xx

Sent from my SM-S901U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 64 and down 31.74 lb