Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had a duodenal switch on the 22nd.

Just wanted to check in on all the March 2023 peeps and see how it's going! As for me, I was sleeved on 3/24/23. Lost 12.3 lbs before surgery and have lost 21.3 lbs since surgery, for a total of 33.6 lbs at 6 wks post-op. This feels slow to me, and I often wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I had the dreaded 3 week stall and then a big "woosh" of several pounds in a week. I tolerate every food I try and get my 64 oz in which is great, but I don't feel much restriction anymore, and I definitely get hungry before 3 hrs. I try to get at least 15 grams of Protein every 3 hours, but I'm still hungry. 😩 I also probably need to get back to walking. I'm one of those that is very reliant on the scale even though I definitely know how exercise works and how muscle weighs more but also burns more fat. My energy has been LOW, and as soon as I took a break from walking my 2.5 miles a day to try and rest a bit, I had the big movement on the scale. So, I haven't started back up for that reason. I'm just not the type of person that can withstand the scale stalls and comfort myself with "muscle weighs more." Pitiful, I know. I'm so dang impatient. Once I make a decision, I want it now! (I know it doesn't work that way, but 🤷🏼‍♀️ I can't help it!). How's it going for everyone else?

You have lost more than I have. I am only just recently starting to lose again. I have this grumble in my stomach almost 24/7 and it feels like my stomach is growling but it's not. So I think I am hungry. But I am not.

I can tolerate all foods. I struggle some with eggs.

I also have low energy. I had more before surgery than I do now.

1 hour ago, greeneyedgirl79 said:

Just wanted to check in on all the March 2023 peeps and see how it's going! As for me, I was sleeved on 3/24/23. Lost 12.3 lbs before surgery and have lost 21.3 lbs since surgery, for a total of 33.6 lbs at 6 wks post-op. This feels slow to me, and I often wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I had the dreaded 3 week stall and then a big "woosh" of several pounds in a week. I tolerate every food I try and get my 64 oz in which is great, but I don't feel much restriction anymore, and I definitely get hungry before 3 hrs. I try to get at least 15 grams of Protein every 3 hours, but I'm still hungry. 😩 I also probably need to get back to walking. I'm one of those that is very reliant on the scale even though I definitely know how exercise works and how muscle weighs more but also burns more fat. My energy has been LOW, and as soon as I took a break from walking my 2.5 miles a day to try and rest a bit, I had the big movement on the scale. So, I haven't started back up for that reason. I'm just not the type of person that can withstand the scale stalls and comfort myself with "muscle weighs more." Pitiful, I know. I'm so dang impatient. Once I make a decision, I want it now! (I know it doesn't work that way, but 🤷🏼‍♀️ I can't help it!). How's it going for everyone else?

I got my sleeve done exactly two months ago, with a two week pre-op diet. I've lost 40 pounds, but it feels like it should be more. The last few weeks I've been fighting a stall where I'm not seeing much of a change on the scale.

My energy is high, I tolerate almost all foods, and I get 8-10 cups of Water a day. Lately I've been going over my Protein goals, so I'm trying to get more fruits and veggies in to keep my calories lower.

I walk 5 days a week for 30 minutes, resistance train 2 days a week, and I've been trying to get extra exercise through stretching or swimming on the weekend. I'm concerned I'm not strength training well enough because I'm never really sore. 😔 But I keep telling myself any movement that gets my heart rate up is good movement.

I'm trying not to obsess over the scale (I weigh once a week). I've been getting a lot of positive comments from people I know that they can see a difference. I just can't see it myself. 💔

1 hour ago, Blossoming1 said:

You have lost more than I have. I am only just recently starting to lose again. I have this grumble in my stomach almost 24/7 and it feels like my stomach is growling but it's not. So I think I am hungry. But I am not.

I can tolerate all foods. I struggle some with eggs.

I also have low energy. I had more before surgery than I do now.

Hey. My stomach was doing the same thing. So I set a timer for every 2hours to eat something. It’s working so far. I haven’t had a problem with low energy. But when I did I use to take B12. You should ask your doctor

I was sleeved on March 7th, with a 2 week Pre-Op Diet. I lost 20 lbs prior to surgery and since I’m down another 25 lbs and 4 inches off my waist. I get on the scale way too often! I can tolerate almost anything and I’m still on soft foods. I work out 6 days a week; a Pilates workout, 30 minutes on a stationary bike and an arm workout with a resistance band instead of weights. I’ve somehow made the mental switch to eating to live and I look at food completely different now. I’m rarely hungry and sometimes forget to eat. I have a huge sweet tooth and I’ve been worried about never having sugar again. I bought a Ninja Creami and problem solved!! The ice cream I can make tastes great !! So far the only regret I have is not doing this sooner. My team is happy with my progress so far and I’m looking forward to creating my new look. I am freaking out a little about the possibility of losing my hair. If it happens around 3 months, that’s next month for me. I have a lot more energy.

Hi all. I had bypass on March 10th down 2.5 stone. Its stalls (on second stall) and goes again. Restriction much better, eating everything now. Energy great. Loving how my clothes fit now!

Im wondering if not racing my protein/fluid intake have something to do with it???

But so happy

Had bypass on March 20th. Down 18lbs since surgery. On soft foods. Stall a lot. Good energy. Restless sleep. Blood sugar, blood pressure numbers are way down. Struggle a bit with keeping my Fiber numbers on track but still having a daily bowel movement

My energy is slowly coming back because I'm taking Iron pills now (325g). The only issue that I have now is that I'm nausea/dry heaving in the mornings (sometimes it last throughout the afternoon). I'm taking zofran and reglan (not at the same time.)

I am down this evening. I am eating my feelings and I am so mad at myself. So mad.... extremely frustrated.

Your mornings sound difficult. I hope it improves. My stomach feels like it is always growling. Dr says it is ok.

Hey March Sleeves!

For anyone who counts their calories or tracks their food, how many calories do you get in a day? I'm so curious! I'm not being super strict with myself when it comes to calories, but I'm tracking my food and listening to my body to eat slower and only until I'm satisfied, not overfull and to focus on whole foods and eating intuitively. I was sleeved on March 7th, so I'm a little more than 2 months post-op. I eat around 900-1100 calories a day, give or take.

(This isn't for comparison, but more out of curiosity. Sometimes I worry I eat too much, but I'm never grossly full or anything either.)

19 minutes ago, BrandiBird said:

Hey March Sleeves!

For anyone who counts their calories or tracks their food, how many calories do you get in a day? I'm so curious! I'm not being super strict with myself when it comes to calories, but I'm tracking my food and listening to my body to eat slower and only until I'm satisfied, not overfull and to focus on whole foods and eating intuitively. I was sleeved on March 7th, so I'm a little more than 2 months post-op. I eat around 900-1100 calories a day, give or take.

(This isn't for comparison, but more out of curiosity. Sometimes I worry I eat too much, but I'm never grossly full or anything either.)

Brandi, I was sleeved March 9 so am right with you on time but have had some medical set backs so have healed very slowly. I will share with you were I am on my tracking but as you said don't use it as your guide because we are in different situations. When evaluating your own intake it is most important to look at where your calories are coming from and your total mix of macros in proportion to one another. Are most of your calories coming from Protein? Are your fats plant based? Are you sticking to low carbs and are they complex? Where are your sugars coming from, naturally occurring or refined? How much exercise/ calories are you typically buring in a day? 🤔 So many things to consider. With that said I am averaging around 650 cal/daily still struggling to get 60 g protein and my Water. I am not getting enough daily exercise yet and have had a PICC line for daily hydration. (Like I said, other medical issues which have slowed down my healing) at 5 weeks I went back to full liquids. So, focus on your hu ger signals; if you think you are "feeling hungry" too soon, try drinking a non-caloric beverage and wait 30 minutes after you finish it to see if it was actually thirst you were confusing with hunger. Stay on schedule with your meals and Snacks (meal planning) and make your protein and water your very first priority before anything else. I find if I do that, there isn't much room for anything else. Don't be obsessed with the scale but do weigh once a week and allow that to be a tool, understanding that you will have stalls, but it should generally be on a general slow slope down over time. And, don't hesitate to talk to your dietician, Dr, or other medical professionals about your concerns and for guidance. And also know that we all have these insecurities and worries. ❤️ Love yourself and you will do the right thing. Believe in YOU!

2 minutes ago, GeorgieLynn said:

Brandi, I was sleeved March 9 so am right with you on time but have had some medical set backs so have healed very slowly. I will share with you were I am on my tracking but as you said don't use it as your guide because we are in different situations. When evaluating your own intake it is most important to look at where your calories are coming from and your total mix of macros in proportion to one another. Are most of your calories coming from Protein? Are your fats plant based? Are you sticking to low carbs and are they complex? Where are your sugars coming from, naturally occurring or refined? How much exercise/ calories are you typically buring in a day? 🤔 So many things to consider. With that said I am averaging around 650 cal/daily still struggling to get 60 g Protein and my Water. I am not getting enough daily exercise yet and have had a PICC line for daily hydration. (Like I said, other medical issues which have slowed down my healing) at 5 weeks I went back to full liquids. So, focus on your hu ger signals; if you think you are "feeling hungry" too soon, try drinking a non-caloric beverage and wait 30 minutes after you finish it to see if it was actually thirst you were confusing with hunger. Stay on schedule with your meals and Snacks (meal planning) and make your protein and Water your very first priority before anything else. I find if I do that, there isn't much room for anything else. Don't be obsessed with the scale but do weigh once a week and allow that to be a tool, understanding that you will have stalls, but it should generally be on a general slow slope down over time. And, don't hesitate to talk to your dietician, Dr, or other medical professionals about your concerns and for guidance. And also know that we all have these insecurities and worries. ❤️ Love yourself and you will do the right thing. Believe in YOU!

Hi Georgie!

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm sorry that your healing was slowed by other concerns, but I'm glad to hear you're getting there. 🩷

I'm very happy with the food I am getting in and my exercise. I think I have a healthy balance right now where I get at least 80g of protein every day (usually more, if I'm honest). This is what I have to watch out for because too much protein seems to dip back towards too many calories, as my surgeon told me.

I work with a dietician who specializes in PCOS, so I have specific macro goals geared towards that and my bariatric requirements. I'm losing weight steadily - I just got over a stall, and I'm getting closer to a 50 pound weight loss, which is exciting to me. 🤩

Screenshot_20230512-164156.png

6 minutes ago, BrandiBird said:

Hi Georgie!

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm sorry that your healing was slowed by other concerns, but I'm glad to hear you're getting there. 🩷

I'm very happy with the food I am getting in and my exercise. I think I have a healthy balance right now where I get at least 80g of Protein every day (usually more, if I'm honest). This is what I have to watch out for because too much protein seems to dip back towards too many calories, as my surgeon told me.

I work with a dietician who specializes in PCOS, so I have specific macro goals geared towards that and my bariatric requirements. I'm losing weight steadily - I just got over a stall, and I'm getting closer to a 50 pound weight loss, which is exciting to me. 🤩

Screenshot_20230512-164156.png

You are doing great! 😍

Hey March buddies! Just checking in on everyone again! How's it going?! As for me, I'll start with the stats. 5'2", sleeved 3/24/23. I was 212 lbs. before pre-op diet, 199.7 lbs on surgery day. I'm now 3 months out and weighing 168.2 lbs for a total of 42.8 lbs lost (from 212). Been stuck here for a week or so.

Things are definitely slowing down. Lost about 6.8 lbs this past month. BUT, I still haven't been exercising, like AT ALL. Not even walking. And I feel it. My energy is very low. I've got to get back to (at least) walking soon. I'd like to throw in some strength training too, as I feel like a weakling these days.

I haven't been tracking my food. I just kinda mentally keep track of my Protein and have a 32 oz. cup that I make sure I drink at least 2 of. I'm just starting to track my food and macros again. I don't feel restriction and have no issues with any foods. I even had some soda (just once) and it didn't bother me. I've had a glass of wine too and that was fine also.

Anywho, hope you all are doing great!