Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamin deficiency please help

Is there anyone who takes their Vitamins any way other than taking the chewables? Like I just can’t stomach the chews and they are awful to me but I’m trying to try different things even if I would need to take multiple pills I do not care I just do not want to take the chewable ones. Anyone have any routine with vitamins that meets the needs we need as bariatric patients?

I do the ProCare Health one-a-day capsule with 45mg of Iron. I have no issues taking large pills, but if you do, you might have to open it and put it in Yogurt or something. They also make a twice a day capsule that I assume is smaller if that's what you need?

I looked at the specs on eight different bariatric Vitamins and felt like the ProCare Health capsule was the best. (It was also the ones my team recommended.)

5 minutes ago, SpartanMaker said:

I do the ProCare Health one-a-day capsule with 45mg of Iron. I have no issues taking large pills, but if you do, you might have to open it and put it in Yogurt or something. They also make a twice a day capsule that I assume is smaller if that's what you need?

I looked at the specs on eight different bariatric Vitamins and felt like the ProCare Health capsule was the best. (It was also the ones my team recommended.)

Thank you so much for commenting. No I don’t have an issue taking big pills and I will definitely look those up.

Another good choice might be the bariatricpal Vitamins? I don't have any personal experience with them, but the specs were almost identical to the ProCare Health capsules and the bariatricpal ones are less expensive.

I take the Pro Care health with 45 mg Iron as well. I also Take two doses of Calcium a day separate from the multi Vitamin for better absorption. So far at over a year and a half out my labs have been excellent

I use BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE “1 per Day!” flavorless capsules from https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/bariatricpal-multivitamin-one! BariatricPal has a special offer where it’ll cost you only $99 for an entire year's supply! Check it out at https://store.bariatricpal.com/99

With just ONE convenient & affordable BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE each day, you can get the bariatric Vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy! BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE was designed and developed by a team of the world’s leading Bariatric medical professionals.

Please take a Calcium supplement separately to prevent interference with the absorption of Iron. You can view a large selection of bariatric-friendly Calcium supplements at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium.

You can also find MANY other brands of bariatric Multivitamins at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/multivitamins.

11 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I take the Pro Care health with 45 mg Iron as well. I also Take two doses of Calcium a day separate from the multi Vitamin for better absorption. So far at over a year and a half out my labs have been excellent

Thank you so much!!

11 hours ago, Alex Brecher said:

I use BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE “1 per Day!” flavorless capsules from https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/bariatricpal-multivitamin-one! BariatricPal has a special offer where it’ll cost you only $99 for an entire year's supply! Check it out at https://store.bariatricpal.com/99

With just ONE convenient & affordable BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE each day, you can get the bariatric Vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy! BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE was designed and developed by a team of the world’s leading Bariatric medical professionals.

Please take a Calcium supplement separately to prevent interference with the absorption of Iron. You can view a large selection of bariatric-friendly Calcium supplements at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium.

You can also find MANY other brands of bariatric Multivitamins at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/multivitamins.

Thank you truly!!

I originally tried those chews and they made me want to puke. They are so big and you have to use so many.

Now I also use the ProCare Health 1 a day w/45 Iron. I also take the Bariatric Fusion B-50, a B-12 Melt from Amazon, and a calcium/magnesium one from ProCare.

My doctor gave us a sheet with about 20 combo fo brands and what you need to take to make sure you are complete in your Vitamins. This is the best combo for me by far.

This is what I Use...

My Protein and collagen is from 1st Phorm 1stphorm

My B-50 Vitamin and calcium chews are from Bariatric fusion

My one a day Multi w/ Iron & Calcium are from ProCare Health

And my B-12 is from Amazon

Same as others, I take the ProCare daily multi capsule. I was taking the one w 18mg of Iron but recent bloodwork showed my ferritin was high, so I switched the the iron free version. Have been taking them since surgery and love them. WAY more tolerable than the awful chewables. I also take their cholate bar Calcium supplement. They only sell them during the cooler months, so they don't melt into oblivion in transit, so I stock up and take them year round.

I take the ProCare multi one a day Iron free. I take it after a meal otherwise I feel ill.

On 10/5/2022 at 10:57 AM, Sleeve_Me_Alone said:

Same as others, I take the ProCare daily multi capsule. I was taking the one w 18mg of Iron but recent bloodwork showed my ferritin was high, so I switched the the Iron free version. Have been taking them since surgery and love them. WAY more tolerable than the awful chewables. I also take their cholate bar Calcium supplement. They only sell them during the cooler months, so they don't melt into oblivion in transit, so I stock up and take them year round.

My ferritin was high too. If you can donate blood, it will bring it down.