Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you reward yourself for losing weight?

Hi guys. I will soon be down to 100 kg (from 149 kg in late January 22) and have been thinking of rewarding myself for achieving this milestone 😀. I wonder how did you guys reward yourselves when you reached your goal weight? or during the journey. The new iPhone sounds like a good start 🤣 specially with my 40th birthday around the corner. We deserve some self-love, right.

Clothes. I wouldn’t consider clothes to be a good investment as I was losing but I wanted to love the skin I was in through all the sizes. I didn’t buy a ton but I made sure I had a few cute outfits in every size. The new iPhone sounds like a great idea. Could also do a weekend getaway or a spa day.

46 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Clothes. I wouldn’t consider clothes to be a good investment as I was losing but I wanted to love the skin I was in through all the sizes. I didn’t buy a ton but I made sure I had a few cute outfits in every size. The new iPhone sounds like a great idea. Could also do a weekend getaway or a spa day.

I'm buying a lot of clothes also specially the brands that I've always wanted to buy but didn't have my size. I'm planning to a big getaway for when I reach the goal weight 😃

12 minutes ago, summerset said:

Rewards for weight loss? 🤔

The weight loss is the reward.

I totally agree. Obviously I need a reason to buy the new iPhone 🤣

Well obviously I'm still pre-surgery, but I do have some rewards in mind when I hit certain goals. I'm trying to focus on healthy rewards, so for example I've been wanting a new treadmill and have that on my list. I also want a kayak, so that too is on the list. There are several others, but collectively, they all are things that will help me stay active.

I'm motivated by these types of rewards, so they help me stay focused. This may not work for everyone, but I know myself well enough to know it works for me.

6 minutes ago, SpartanMaker said:

Well obviously I'm still pre-surgery, but I do have some rewards in mind when I hit certain goals. I'm trying to focus on healthy rewards, so for example I've been wanting a new treadmill and have that on my list. I also want a kayak, so that too is on the list. There are several others, but collectively, they all are things that will help me stay active.

I'm motivated by these types of rewards, so they help me stay focused. This may not work for everyone, but I know myself well enough to know it works for me.

I like that. I got myself a mountain bike after losing 40 kg and as soon as I was confident I could ride one. Good luck with the surgery and achieving your goals.

As@summerset said, the weightloss is my reward. It is what I am so focused on and to some point obsessed about(for years) so it is a mini celebration each time I lose a pound. The pros of weightloss are good health and mobility so doing sports and things that are fun are always such a bonus.

5 hours ago, SpartanMaker said:

Yes! There are so many things I have not been able to do with my weight, I am looking forward to be under weight limits for things!

CLOTHES !!!! what a wonderful feeling it is to go clothes shopping and the assistant say on your tiny.........who me ?? ( I dont consider myself tiny at a size 12 but hey way better than 22.

A holiday would be awesome too, I had planned to go to Canada with some girlfriends but they had to bring the trip forward and I couldn't get time off work :(

5 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

CLOTHES !!!! what a wonderful feeling it is to go clothes shopping and the assistant say on your tiny.........who me ?? ( I dont consider myself tiny at a size 12 but hey way better than 22.

A holiday would be awesome too, I had planned to go to Canada with some girlfriends but they had to bring the trip forward and I couldn't get time off work :(

I totally understand. Being able to buy clothes from the regular section of the department store and not having to pay extra for large sizes. That feels awesome. A holiday is great too.

6 hours ago, KimA-GA said:

Yes! There are so many things I have not been able to do with my weight, I am looking forward to be under weight limits for things!

I can relate. I'm planning to take my son to a theme park and try all the games there in December. I better loose more weight 😀

Mine was actually hauling out bag upon bag of clothes that are now way too big on me to a donation center and buying just a few new pieces as replacements.

So far I've donated 15 contractor trashbag size full of varying sizes. The nurse practitioner in my team warned me not to buy too many new things as I'll still lose more, but I wanted to treat myself to a refreshed wardrobe, just smaller.