Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So many updates, so little time...

So I have a few things to update on. I haven't been super active lately because things have been crazy.

First, I finally got rid of my size 26/28 clothes!!! I had them bagged up for a good week and a half and I finally pulled the trigger and got rid of them. All of my work clothes, shoes, and size 10 jewelry was donated to Dress for Success. My casual clothes and pajamas were donated equally between a local homeless shelter and a local domestic violence shelter. I'm currently in size 22/24 clothes, but they're starting to get big on me (I'm in like a size 21 lol But there isn't a size 21, so...) Once I make it to a size 18/20, I'll do it all over again.

Second, I'm in another stall. I have been for the last 8 days or so. I know because it's following the same pattern as the last 2 I had. I gain 3 pounds and then sit there for weeks, then drop like 5 pounds when it breaks (first stall lasted about a week and a half. Second one lasted 2 1/2 weeks. I figure I might be looking at 3 1/2 or 4 weeks now). I'm used to it now so I'm not freaking out. BUT, my size 9 rings are too big. I need size 8 1/2 and like I said, the size 22/24 clothes are starting to be too big. So even though the scale isn't moving, I'm still winning!!!

Third, I FINALLY got my appointment for the scope. The GI cocktail has helped me be able to eat some food, but I still have to be careful. I'm now on 80mg of Nexium daily and I take the GI cocktail 10-15 minutes before eating anything. I can actually sleep in my bed again, so that's good. Looking forward to this scope to get to the bottom of everything once and for all.

Fourth, been working my tail off finishing my last 2 classes for my degree!!! I'm a little over half way finished, and it's been exciting. I've been working on this degree for the last 11 years, so to finally be at the finish line is amazing. I had been putting it off and as my health and weight started getting better, I just became super motivated to finish and finally have my degree. My graduation is in December, and I FULLY intend to be below 300 when I go. That's my new goal. I have 3 months. I think I can do it. I'm at 322 right now (remember I gained 3 pounds before just sitting at this weight?) so if I can lose 23 pounds in 3 months, I'll hit multiple goals at once. So excited!!!!!

Well, that's about it for now. Hope everyone is enjoying their 3 days weekend. My daughter's birthday is Tuesday, and we're letting her miss school and we're taking her out to lunch and then to do a little shopping (she's turning 16). Have a good one :)

Glad to hear you're doing better! I hope the scope identifies the cause and you get some relief. If you don't mind my asking, what degree are you working on?

1 hour ago, SpartanMaker said:

Glad to hear you're doing better! I hope the scope identifies the cause and you get some relief. If you don't mind my asking, what degree are you working on?

BS in Economic Financial Crime with a certificate in Fraud Detection and Prevention. I already work as a Financial Crime Investigator for the last 18 years, but I've gone as far as I can without a degree, so now it's time to just get it done.

Edited by SleeveDiva2022

That's awesome, congrats! I know if can't have been easy to do that when working full time. Oh, and thanks for helping keep our money safe from the slime balls.

1 hour ago, SpartanMaker said:

That's awesome, congrats! I know if can't have been easy to do that when working full time. Oh, and thanks for helping keep our money safe from the slime balls.

My pleasure lol

On 9/4/2022 at 3:18 PM, SleeveDiva2022 said:

So I have a few things to update on. I haven't been super active lately because things have been crazy.

First, I finally got rid of my size 26/28 clothes!!! I had them bagged up for a good week and a half and I finally pulled the trigger and got rid of them. All of my work clothes, shoes, and size 10 jewelry was donated to Dress for Success. My casual clothes and pajamas were donated equally between a local homeless shelter and a local domestic violence shelter. I'm currently in size 22/24 clothes, but they're starting to get big on me (I'm in like a size 21 lol But there isn't a size 21, so...) Once I make it to a size 18/20, I'll do it all over again.

Second, I'm in another stall. I have been for the last 8 days or so. I know because it's following the same pattern as the last 2 I had. I gain 3 pounds and then sit there for weeks, then drop like 5 pounds when it breaks (first stall lasted about a week and a half. Second one lasted 2 1/2 weeks. I figure I might be looking at 3 1/2 or 4 weeks now). I'm used to it now so I'm not freaking out. BUT, my size 9 rings are too big. I need size 8 1/2 and like I said, the size 22/24 clothes are starting to be too big. So even though the scale isn't moving, I'm still winning!!!

Third, I FINALLY got my appointment for the scope. The GI cocktail has helped me be able to eat some food, but I still have to be careful. I'm now on 80mg of Nexium daily and I take the GI cocktail 10-15 minutes before eating anything. I can actually sleep in my bed again, so that's good. Looking forward to this scope to get to the bottom of everything once and for all.

Fourth, been working my tail off finishing my last 2 classes for my degree!!! I'm a little over half way finished, and it's been exciting. I've been working on this degree for the last 11 years, so to finally be at the finish line is amazing. I had been putting it off and as my health and weight started getting better, I just became super motivated to finish and finally have my degree. My graduation is in December, and I FULLY intend to be below 300 when I go. That's my new goal. I have 3 months. I think I can do it. I'm at 322 right now (remember I gained 3 pounds before just sitting at this weight?) so if I can lose 23 pounds in 3 months, I'll hit multiple goals at once. So excited!!!!!

Well, that's about it for now. Hope everyone is enjoying their 3 days weekend. My daughter's birthday is Tuesday, and we're letting her miss school and we're taking her out to lunch and then to do a little shopping (she's turning 16). Have a good one :)

Wow. You are incredibly busy. That’s awesome to get rid of some clothes. It’s like we are accepting that this actually is working this time unlike all the diets in the past and I’m so glad they went to some really good causes. I am sorry your in another stall but at least this time your not letting it freak you out. It will pass before you know it. I’m SO glad you have an appointment for your scope and I hope you get some answers really soon. Congrats on being down to the last two classes and it’s awesome that you have a goal but if you don’t reach it, don’t let it stop you from attending. I didn’t attend for my AA or my BA and I actually regret not attending. The AA was for legitimate reasons but the BA was because I was embarrassed of my size and didn’t want to be in the limelight. Such a shame because it’s hard work earning that degree and we deserve to be celebrated. What a cool mom letting your daughter play hookie and shop for her sweet 16. Those are the memories that we tend to remember as the years fly by. I hope you are enjoying your weekend as well. Keep up the good work!!

Well, I'm on day 14 of my stall, and it's weird that I'm not stressing. I think I expect it to last a good 3 to 3 1/2 weeks since each stall lasts about a week longer than the previous one.

My scope is next week, and I'll be glad to finally get it done. I seem to be doing ok with 40mg of Nexium twice a day, although I have to really watch what I eat still, and I have to take the GI cocktail when I start having bad problems again. I took it for a week before every meal. Now I take it as needed.

The shedding from my hair is getting pretty heavy now. It's not worrying me because I knew it was coming, but it's really getting on my nerves!!! My hair is literally getting EVERYWHERE!!! I have to clean it a few times a day. If I run my fingers through my hair, I shed. If I brush my hair, I shed. If I wash my hair, I shed. When I get up in the morning, the movement on my pillow through the night caused me to MAJORLY shed. It's really aggravating. I'll be glad when it slows down.

Now that I'm almost 4 1/2 months out from surgery, I noticed I'm able to eat larger portions of food. That's tripped me up a few times, so I have to be extra mindful of that. I really wish I had lost my hunger, and I really wish I had restriction. I didn't get any of the useful benefits or "extras" that most get with the surgery. BUT, I'm still working out and doing what I'm supposed to. I just wish it wasn't such an uphill battle everyday. I definitely wish I had gone with the bypass. But I didn't, so I'm going to do everything I can to make this work.

4 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

Well, I'm on day 14 of my stall, and it's weird that I'm not stressing. I think I expect it to last a good 3 to 3 1/2 weeks since each stall lasts about a week longer than the previous one.

My scope is next week, and I'll be glad to finally get it done. I seem to be doing ok with 40mg of Nexium twice a day, although I have to really watch what I eat still, and I have to take the GI cocktail when I start having bad problems again. I took it for a week before every meal. Now I take it as needed.

The shedding from my hair is getting pretty heavy now. It's not worrying me because I knew it was coming, but it's really getting on my nerves!!! My hair is literally getting EVERYWHERE!!! I have to clean it a few times a day. If I run my fingers through my hair, I shed. If I brush my hair, I shed. If I wash my hair, I shed. When I get up in the morning, the movement on my pillow through the night caused me to MAJORLY shed. It's really aggravating. I'll be glad when it slows down.

Now that I'm almost 4 1/2 months out from surgery, I noticed I'm able to eat larger portions of food. That's tripped me up a few times, so I have to be extra mindful of that. I really wish I had lost my hunger, and I really wish I had restriction. I didn't get any of the useful benefits or "extras" that most get with the surgery. BUT, I'm still working out and doing what I'm supposed to. I just wish it wasn't such an uphill battle everyday. I definitely wish I had gone with the bypass. But I didn't, so I'm going to do everything I can to make this work.

I am a year and a half out and I sorta wish I had gone with the bypass too. Not cause of any complications, just cause I didn’t lose as much as I had hoped and I wonder if the grass would’ve been greener on the other side. I chose sleeve because I am on medications though and have to remind myself that I may have issues with that had I chosen differently. I think it’s pretty natural to wonder if things could have been better if we had made a different choice but who knows. I have to think that everything happens for some reason. That’s what makes me feel a little better about it.

5 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I am a year and a half out and I sorta wish I had gone with the bypass too. Not cause of any complications, just cause I didn’t lose as much as I had hoped and I wonder if the grass would’ve been greener on the other side. I chose sleeve because I am on medications though and have to remind myself that I may have issues with that had I chosen differently. I think it’s pretty natural to wonder if things could have been better if we had made a different choice but who knows. I have to think that everything happens for some reason. That’s what makes me feel a little better about it.

That's why I chose it, as well. I'm off my anti inflammatory (Celebrex) and I'm off my 3 diabetes pills (Metformin, Januvia, and Glipizide) and my blood pressure pill (Lisinopril) but I have 3 meds for my MS that I will never be able to stop taking. My surgeon told me if I have bypass I won't be able to take pills (these meds don't come in any other form and can't be crushed) so I chose the sleeve. THEN, I saw several people (A LOT of people, actually) on here who had bypass and are able to take pills, some even from day 1 while still in the hospital. So that's when I started to second guess my decision. Maybe it would have been possible to take pills, and if so, then I definitely made the wrong choice.

3 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

That's why I chose it, as well. I'm off my anti inflammatory (Celebrex) and I'm off my 3 diabetes pills (Metformin, Januvia, and Glipizide) and my blood pressure pill (Lisinopril) but I have 3 meds for my MS that I will never be able to stop taking. My surgeon told me if I have bypass I won't be able to take pills (these meds don't come in any other form and can't be crushed) so I chose the sleeve. THEN, I saw several people (A LOT of people, actually) on here who had bypass and are able to take pills, some even from day 1 while still in the hospital. So that's when I started to second guess my decision. Maybe it would have been possible to take pills, and if so, then I definitely made the wrong choice.

Ooh I believe you would have been able to take them for sure. But it may have been a while going without AND they may not have absorbed as well. That’s what they told me I needed to be concerned with was them not absorbing properly with bypass but then I learned sorta like you did that lots of people do not have any issues with Med absorption after bypass. Who knows though, we could have been one of the few that did have an issue.