Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery in Janaury 22 and I'm glad I did

Hi everyone! I've been a silent reader of these forums and have found a lot of answers and inspiration in here that helped me a lot along my weight loss journey. This is my first post and just wanted to first thank you for sharing your experiences and stories and to share mine as well. Hopefully this will inspire someone to take the decision.

I had my surgery on 30 January 2022 and I'm glad I did. I'm going to be 40 in September and I've always been overweight. I've tried several diets, lost and gained a lot of weight. The last diet I've tried was Keto diet back in 2019. I was able to lose 25 Kg. Then Covid-19 came, the lockdowns and having to work from home. I gained all the weight back and some more 😥.

Fast forward to January 2022. My sister (who is also overweight) was in Egypt on a business trip. She met one of her classmates in there who lost almost half of her weight and looked unrecognizable. My sister's friend recommended that she consult the same surgeon that did her mini gastric bypass surgery. After visiting that surgeon, my sister decided to have the surgery by mid January 2022. We talked about it and I discussed with the surgeon over Skype and made the arrangements to have mine by end of January 22.

I had my surgery on 30 January 22 and stayed in the hospital for two days. I then flew back to Malaysia a week after. My starting weight was 149 Kg and my current is 103 Kg. I'm super happy with my decision and consider that to be my 40th birthday gift to myself. I feel and look amazing and I'm able to do a lot of the things that I've always wanted to do but couldn't because of my weight. I even got myself a mountain bike that I ride every night around my house. I hope I will be down to two-digits weight just in time for my 40th birthday!

I'm planning to join a gym next month which will hopefully help with loose skin and speed up the weight loss. I've started a list of all of the things that I've always wanted to do but couldn't and I'm really excited to tick as items much as I can.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing. Its really great to read your successful journey. Keep posting, its great to here from another country.

28 minutes ago, summerseeker said:

Congratulations and thank you for sharing. Its really great to read your successful journey. Keep posting, its great to here from another country.

Thank you so much! I'll definitely keep posting

Congratulations! It's a pretty amazing achievement to have lost 46 kilos. I too, am waiting impatiently to get to a double digit number on the scale. I haven't lost as much as you - yet, but I haven't been under 100 kilos since 2007, so for 15 years.

I also tried Keto but didn't do as well as you did. You can do this. 😁

Edited by Sunnyer

Congratulations on your loss. Keep it up!!

On 8/29/2022 at 10:07 PM, Sunnyer said:

Congratulations! It's a pretty amazing achievement to have lost 46 kilos. I too, am waiting impatiently to get to a double digit number on the scale. I haven't lost as much as you - yet, but I haven't been under 100 kilos since 2007, so for 15 years.

I also tried Keto but didn't do as well as you did. You can do this. 😁

Thanks! I have to lose 2 more kgs to go below 100. I'm so excited to see the magical 99 KG on the scale. Good luck to you also. Keto worked for me the first round and I lost a considerable weight. Not the second time though.

On 9/1/2022 at 11:39 PM, ShoppGirl said:

Congratulations on your loss. Keep it up!!

Thank you so much!