Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It’s been 3 weeks since my ESG procedure. I was concerned about the 4th of July but I got Covid. So, I’ve been isolated upstairs 🥺. But all is good. Felt bad for about 2 days, now getting better

Everything is going well my procedure. No issues getting Water, tea or coffee in. I’m typically over 120oz a day. Protein is primarily from supplements iso pure and Core / Fairlife. I’m sure missing the standard Fairlife Protein Shakes. The 30gr of protein per bottle. I can’t find any at Sam’s or costco. I’m now ordering on Amazon at nearly twice the cost. Although a lot cheaper compared to eating out lol.

Anyone else having a difficult time finding it? Let me know of any locations.

My weight loss has been going well.

Pre Surgery weight 336
Surgery weight 331
Current Weight 307

My goal weight is 270-275. Same as my college football weight.

I’m not hungry but when I smell food, I would love to grab a bite. This week I start soft foods. I’m sure my weight loss will stall a bite as I’m sure most was still water.

Good luck everyone

If you’re looking into ESG, this is still a relatively new procedure. So far, I would fully recommend it. The procedure was quick. I left my hotel at 6am and was back in my hotel room by 930am. No cutting! Only feeling gas pains. Some nausea but not bad. The first few days I was hungry. Since I was tolerating everything, the doctor increased my protein to 120g. Mind you, I’m 6’7 at the time 330. Procedure was on Wednesday, flew home Friday and flying for work on Sunday.

On 07/06/2022 at 08:42, ice75002 said:

It’s been 3 weeks since my ESG procedure. I was concerned about the 4th of July but I got Covid. So, I’ve been isolated upstairs 🥺. But all is good. Felt bad for about 2 days, now getting better

Everything is going well my procedure. No issues getting Water, tea or coffee in. I’m typically over 120oz a day. Protein is primarily from supplements iso pure and Core / Fairlife. I’m sure missing the standard Fairlife Protein Shakes. The 30gr of Protein per bottle. I can’t find any at Sam’s or costco. I’m now ordering on Amazon at nearly twice the cost. Although a lot cheaper compared to eating out lol.

Anyone else having a difficult time finding it? Let me know of any locations.

My weight loss has been going well.

Pre Surgery weight 336

Surgery weight 331

Current Weight 307

My goal weight is 270-275. Same as my college football weight.

I’m not hungry but when I smell food, I would love to grab a bite. This week I start soft foods. I’m sure my weight loss will stall a bite as I’m sure most was still Water.

Good luck everyone

If you’re looking into ESG, this is still a relatively new procedure. So far, I would fully recommend it. The procedure was quick. I left my hotel at 6am and was back in my hotel room by 930am. No cutting! Only feeling gas pains. Some nausea but not bad. The first few days I was hungry. Since I was tolerating everything, the doctor increased my protein to 120g. Mind you, I’m 6’7 at the time 330. Procedure was on Wednesday, flew home Friday and flying for work on Sunday.

Our Sam’s just started getting it again, but as a backup I saw BJ’s has had the chocolate fairlife pretty consistently - some of the other flavors occasionally.

On 07/06/2022 at 16:11, Toesinthewater said:

Glad to hear things are going well. Do you mind me asking? Who and where did you have the procedure done?

Dr Christopher McGowan. I researched others but he seemed to have the most experience. It’s in the Raleigh area

On 07/08/2022 at 08:30, Toesinthewater said:

That's who performed my ESG procedure back in June 2020!

How are you doing? You still happy with the procedure?

I'm doing good. My lowest weight was 135 (60 pound loss). I tend to hover between 140 and 145 pounds. I still struggle with evening snacking. I'm still able to eat multiple "snacks" over the course of an evening due to head hunger/old habits.

On 07/08/2022 at 15:25, Toesinthewater said:

I'm doing good. My lowest weight was 135 (60 pound loss). I tend to hover between 140 and 145 pounds. I still struggle with evening snacking. I'm still able to eat multiple "snacks" over the course of an evening due to head hunger/old habits.

Yes. Old habits are easy!! Head hunger is no joke I smell something, I want to take a bite

On 7/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, Toesinthewater said:

Hi @Toesinthewater was this your first surgery or did you get a revision?

Hello, I am scheduled for ESG on Monday and I'm getting nervous. I previously had VSG about 8 years ago and have regained about half of what I lost....Anyways, I am so nervous for the two weeks of the liquid diet and feeling hungry through that time. Did you guys experience hunger? I'll get shaky and a little hypoglycemic so I'm dreading this part. Also, did you have to sleep sitting up and any restrictions with stairs, etc? It gives me comfort to read your experiences and am thankful to have this platform to ask questions on!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

@ice75002 did you have to have an EKG first before getting your ESG done?