Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello July buddies! I'm 5 mos out from surgery. I hope to post a couple of pics here soon. My highest weight was 290 lbs about 2 years ago; I'm now at 175 lbs. I am still losing a pound every few days. I'm learning my triggers and finding new hobbies - which includes cooking! My goal is to be 150 lbs but i'll see what my body tells me to do.

My husband is scheduled for bypass next month. Very excited for him! I'm trying to remember all my tips & tricks to help him out. He says my progress has been a great motivator for him. He's such a sweetheart :)

I hope you all are doing well & are healthy.

Merry Christmas!

Hello my July Buddies. I am 49 and I had a rue n y on July 13. So far I’ve lost 78 pounds. I lost 115 prior to surgery starting back in 2018 so I’ve lost a total of 192 pounds since June 2018.

I was in a car accident in 2018 that started me on this weight loss journey. I weighed 415 pounds before the accident, which left me with a spinal cord injury at T 7/8 incomplete. That makes me a paraplegic restricted to a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I immediately started eating differently and like I said prior, I was able to lose 115 pounds in about 3 1/2 years.

Right now I weigh 222 pounds and my goal weight is 180. I have attached a before and after (taken at Thanksgiving). I appreciate all of you sharing your stories, and I sure thought it was time to share mine. Stay strong and diligent my friends. May GOD bless you all.

20224747-19D5-4DA5-A44C-8B409018D54C.jpeg

On 12/28/2022 at 9:51 AM, Scooter1973 said:

Hello my July Buddies. I am 49 and I had a rue n y on July 13. So far I’ve lost 78 pounds. I lost 115 prior to surgery starting back in 2018 so I’ve lost a total of 192 pounds since June 2018.

Right now I weigh 222 pounds and my goal weight is 180.

Looking good Scooter. I think you and I had surgery on the same day. I am doing similar. When I went in, I weighed 289 and I'm right around 229 now. *Oops surgery day was Jul 14, 2022.

Edited by KevinS62
Oops surgery day was Jul 14

Hey Peeps. I haven't been on in a while. Life gets in the way I suppose. I hope everyone was good during the holidays. I have to say, as careful as I was, I ate too much on Thanksgiving and got home with some pretty painful cramps. I hope that lesson is learned, LOL.

My weight loss progress was going great until about the end of October, when I plateaued a bit. Weight is still coming off, but not at the same rate it was in the first three months. In the past 10 weeks, I've lost 7-8 lbs. I guess the honeymoon is over.

In the middle of this, I had an accident. In early November, two of my dogs got into a fight. While trying to break it up, my knee buckled and I went down. The result of this was a torn ACL, torn cartilage and an impact fracture to the tibial plateau. Surgery was Dec 12. I'm off the crutches now and rehabbing. My goal right now is to get back to 6,000 daily steps again without my knee filling up with Fluid.

I'll get brave one day and post pictures. Maybe once I get to 216, when I have lost 100. Yeah, that's it. As a goal, I think I'll shoot for 216 by the end of March which would be one year after I had my Oh-Hell-no moment and decided to start this journey. 😄