Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my journey, I need a good word

Hi everybody. I just came back from my first dietician and psychologist apoitment. I have gastric sleeve surgery planned for this september, and suddendly it became real. In my circle of friends I am the only one with obesity and I also don't know any other people that decided to go under this surgery. I'm looking for someone who understands the struggle to talk to. I feel excited and scared at the same time. I'm also struggling with social anxiety. Last few months I've locked myslef at home so I'm little wild now, I guess. I don't even know how to start and what to ask :P So how are you guys? How are you feeling?

I had bypass and I am kinda fresh at only 7 weeks post op but I will gladly answer any questions that I can.

2 hours ago, Hisana said:

I feel excited and scared at the same time.

I'd wager that at least 98% of surgical candidates feel that way, too.

Hello Hisana, Welcome to to forum. In here your questions will be answered and if you read the back pages you will get so much knowledge that you will feel very secure in your procedure. I did. I did not know anyone who had the surgery so I did lots of research and read loads of the posts on this forum. I knew what to expect and when I had problems there were plenty of kind and knowledgeable people to help me. Do not be nervous

Welcome! Ask whatever questions you have! But you can also use the "search" function to look up any topics you're interested in. I had a lot of overweight friends but I didn't know (until I posted on Facebook that I was having surgery) that I had friends who had had surgery. It's possible you have friends who have had surgery but they never told you. It's actually pretty common!

Welcome and congratulations on starting your journey. It’s super common to feel nervous about all this. You have found a great site with alot of nice and helpful people eager to share our experience. Fire away with your questions and we will do our best to answer them.

12 minutes ago, LeanneMichael said:

Holla, I'm starting also my journey, need some support and communication😥...

Hello, read around, ask questions. A lot of people have good input here.

If you just want to talk to someone, feel free to reach out.

Have you had your surgery yet? How are you doing with recovery or the pre op if you are still on that??

On 9/22/2022 at 10:51 AM, LeanneMichael said:

Holla, I'm starting also my journey, need some support and communication😥...

Hello. Congratulations on starting your journey and welcome. Do you have any questions??