Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I completely lost my booklet that tells me how much I need to take of certain supplements after surgery. I'm ordering everything I need now because my surgery is about a week and a half away and I want it all here and ready. BUTY, I completely forgot how much Calcium I need. I know I need calcium citrate (per my dietician) but no idea how many mg. Can anyone help me? Also, what kind of Fiber will I need to take (I remember she said I'll need it, but again, can't remember the amount). Thanks for your help!!

My clinic doesn't have specific fiber recommendations. For calcium citrate, it's 1200-1500 mg per day, split into 2 or three doses, at least 2-3 hours apart, separate from Multivitamins. Hope this helps.

My dose for Calcium is 1000mgs in I chewable tablet x once a day. I take it after lunch. I could not stomach the dissolvable ones

I have two of these chewable Calcium things. They are delicious. idk if the amount changes for a female tho. I was told to take it two hours after any Iron supplement.

IMG_6538.JPG

I take 3 Bariatric Advantage Calcium chewy bites 3x per day for a total of 1500 mg per day.

Hello!

My requirement is 1200; however, I have to factor in any Calcium I get as well. So I always have a Decaf Earl Grey Latte in the morning (1 cup of Milk), I have 2/3 cup of fairlife milk at Breakfast making my oatmeal, plus I have yogurt and cheese at lunch. So I only ever take 1 300mg Tablet because I get so much during the day. Just make sure you take it 2 hour before or after your multivitamin....Calcium and Iron don't get along :)

Hope that helps!

Edited by canadianpopcycle

1 hour ago, Flab-U-Less Forever said:

I take 3 Bariatric Advantage Calcium chewy bites 3x per day for a total of 1500 mg per day.

I requested and received a sample package from Bariatric Advantage. I received individual packets of Iron and then some loose chewy ones. There are several different flavors. I do not know what they are tho no information provided besides the brochure. A couple of them say Multi on it so those I am assuming are the multivitamins but what are all the other flavors they only say the flavor on the wrapper? I also received HPMR, banana, choc and strawberry that I will try on Monday. Can anyone identify the chewy ones?

278812577_588771198762041_5807946705469003162_n.jpg

You need a total of 1200-1500mg of calcium citrate spread out 3 times per day.

The BariatricPal Store carries a huge selection of Bariatric-friendly Calcium at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium.

Check out the newly released BariatricPal sugar-free Calcium Citrate Soft Chews 500mg with Probiotics at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium/brand_bariatricpal+vitamin-form_soft-chews . They come in 6 AMAZING flavors: French vanilla Caramel, chocolate Mint, Belgian Chocolate Caramel, Orange Creamsicle, strawberry Watermelon Twist and Wild Grape.

You can get Calcium in many different forms:

Soft Chews: https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium/vitamin-form_soft-chews

Chewable: https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium/vitamin-form_chewable

Powder: https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium/vitamin-form_powder

Liquid: https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium/vitamin-form_liquid

Tablets: https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium/vitamin-form_tablets

Patches: https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium/vitamin-form_vitamin-patch

Thank you all so so much!!!! This information is exactly what I needed. And I completely didn't know (or more likely, remember) the 3x a day part!!!! I love this forum.

7 hours ago, Crisscat said:

I requested and received a sample package from Bariatric Advantage. I received individual packets of Iron and then some loose chewy ones. There are several different flavors. I do not know what they are tho no information provided besides the brochure. A couple of them say Multi on it so those I am assuming are the Multivitamins but what are all the other flavors they only say the flavor on the wrapper? I also received HPMR, banana, choc and strawberry that I will try on Monday. Can anyone identify the chewy ones?

I don’t think I understand your question. The flavors are printed right there on the wrapper. Do you mean are they Calcium or something else?? As far as I know they only make chewables in the Multivitamin and calcium. Hope that helps.

7 hours ago, Crisscat said:

Can anyone identify the chewy ones?

They're Calcium chewies.

https://www.bariatricadvantage.com/item/calcium_citrate_chewy_bites_500mg

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

I don’t think I understand your question. The flavors are printed right there on the wrapper. Do you mean are they Calcium or something else?? As far as I know they only make chewables in the Multivitamin and Calcium. Hope that helps.

I figured the ones that said multi was the Vitamin but I wasnt sure what all the flavors were if they were all calcium or something else. I am not familiar with Bariatric Advantage and was sent these in a sample pack

15 minutes ago, Crisscat said:

I figured the ones that said multi was the Vitamin but I wasnt sure what all the flavors were if they were all Calcium or something else. I am not familiar with Bariatric Advantage and was sent these in a sample pack

I’m 99% certain all they have in chews are multi Vitamin and calcium and I bought the chews early out and they looked exactly like that so I’m pretty certain they are calcium. There was a phone number on their website though if you want to be 100% sure.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Give your team a call so you know exactly what they recommend. I wasn’t advised to take additional Calcium to what was already in the multi Vitamin they recommended. My bone scan showed my bones were rock hard anyway & I was consuming way more calcium than I ever did before surgery. Before surgery maybe 3or 4 serves a week. After surgery about 3 serves a day.

I wasn’t given a fibre recommendation either except to add a spoon of Benefibre or other non swelling fibre supplement every day to milk, yoghurt drink, rolled oats (instant at first from purée). I also tried to add some vegetables to my diet as soon as I could. Plus I was allowed fruit around month 3 (strawberries & watermelon were my favourites then mandarins & peeled apples as I was able).