Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all~

I'm here to vent today....so forgive me while I blow off steam. I couldn't get in for my last free fill w/ TLC edge b/c we were going out of town and they only do them in Plano on Thursday/Friday I believe. So I had called Dr. Kim's office at North Hills, got it all squared away to just pay my $30 co-pay and they would bill my insurance for an office visit. Supposed to go to Dr. Kim's office for this fill TOMORROW and get a call this morning that UHC won't pay for my fill......NO S**T Sherlock...I am a self-pay...UHC denied me REMEMBER??? The office screwed up and now UHC knows I've had this surgery and will not pay whatsoever. Dr Kim's office says that I will have to pay what they charge their cash patients....$200 w/ fluro or $100 w/o......Going from a planned $30 co-pay to $100 or $200 is a big deal to me. I'm royally ticked off right now! Basically, I'm going to have to call TLC and try to schedule my fills again w/ George at their rate of $80 for fills....which I think is still too high. I'd be happy to pay $50 for the fill and 5 minutes that it actually takes.......I'm so mad right now that I think this computer is about to overheat from my fingertips!

Shannon, I think the Protein Shakes are certainly ok.. but you'd need to check with them. I'm just going on what was told to *me* in the past.

Hiya, Stacey,

I don't blame you for being angry! But consider this- if TLC only charges $80 for a fill, that's *still* a lot cheaper than the $200 or 300 other places charge- IF you can even find someone who'll do it. This is MY last fill Thursday as well, and I was self-pay so we're in the same boat. Another way to look at this is: You'd spend more on groceries than the fill will cost.

:seeya: Boy, don't get me started about insurance companies not paying for this.... It's one of my biggest gripes these days, when you consider how much money they'd SAVE on other medical problems. I know all this probably doesn't make you feel one bit better- I'm sorry. But isn't the weight you've lost worth it?? I'm so proud of how well you're doing!!!!!:ihih:

Hiya, Stacey,

I don't blame you for being angry! But consider this- if TLC only charges $80 for a fill, that's *still* a lot cheaper than the $200 or 300 other places charge- IF you can even find someone who'll do it. This is MY last fill Thursday as well, and I was self-pay so we're in the same boat. Another way to look at this is: You'd spend more on groceries than the fill will cost.

:seeya: Boy, don't get me started about insurance companies not paying for this.... It's one of my biggest gripes these days, when you consider how much money they'd SAVE on other medical problems. I know all this probably doesn't make you feel one bit better- I'm sorry. But isn't the weight you've lost worth it?? I'm so proud of how well you're doing!!!!!:ihih:

Hi Pat:smile:~

You are soooo right....it is all worth it. The weight loss is worth all the stress this one incident is causing. Wish I had been able to get in there for my last free fill.....haven't had one since May 1st and BOY oh BOY do I need one. I guess I'm just ticked b/c it was all discussed and prearranged last week and then someone else called insurance to verify and now the "cat is out of the bag" and UHC won't pay for even an office visit.....ARGH!! The girl at the office screwed up....so that makes me mad b/c it was already taken care of.

Thank you for the kind words Pat....I appreciate you're support and understanding my frustrations being a self=pay patient as well.

Best wishes to you for this fill on Thursday! Remember to take it slow with all liquids....then mushies and don't give in to the head hunger (my worst problem at night when the kids are having ice cream!!!). If I have a spoonful to taste...I don't feel like I'm being deprived and get a quick sweet fix! Hope this is your "sweet spot" on fills and it takes you a few months to need another adjustment. Good luck!!

Stacey:biggrin2:

Hi everyone. Have not checked in for awhile. Now that I'm not working, I do not get online as much. I have a question, what is this 6 months visit with TLC. I have not heard from anyone to schedule appointment. I have only had 4 fills, but I still do not need one. Weight still coming off, it's been slow but I'm happy with my band. Miss everyone.

Cowboy if you go to the Arlington dinner on one Thursday let me know, maybe I will go too. I went once about 4 months ago.

Dianne

Dianne; good to hear from you. I hope everything is going well at home. I went to the Arlington dinner last week and I plan on going back in August. It is the 3rd Thursday so that will be the 21st. It was good to see and talk to others that were banded. There was one guy that had only been banded about 3 weeks and another guy that was on his second band in 5 years, ...and everything in between.

Everybody stay cool

db

Hey Dianne! Glad you're doing ok! I'm also happy that your hubby is doing a little better. It's good to see you back.

I've got an appt for 9:30 am tomorrow for my 4th fill so I'll ask about the 6-month checkup thing. No one has said anything to me about it either. I'll let you know what I find out.

I'm still doing ok.. just losing VERY slowly, but I'm hoping this next fill will do the trick. I guess I just still haven't learned patience. *lol*

Has anyone gone to the Plano meetings on the first Saturday of each month? That would be about the only location that would work for me. It would be fun to meet all of you guys!! My S/O and I were laughing last night about the "lapband dinners"... one entree and 10 plates?

Hey Cowboy, nice to see you here again too!

Hey gang... did anyone else see the post from the unhappy patient of TLCEdge? I was rather surprised, but wondered if anyone else had problems like she spoke of (assuming it was a "she".) She was banded on the same day I was, and my experience has certainly been different from hers.

I suggested to her that she call Cynthia and discuss the problems she's had that makes her so dissatisfied with their services.

Off for my 4th fill tomorrow... I can't wait! I went to Black Eyed Pea tonight and cleaned my plate of chicken fried chicken- my "condemned last meal".. *LOL* Boy do I need a fill!!! :thumbup:

Was nice to hear from you guys. After my 4th fill I have been really tight, but I am going to keep it that way. I sure helps with the Portion Control. I still take the Protein bullets. I can sure tell the difference when I do not use them. A couple of weeks ago I got into a size 14. Have not been there in years.

Let me know what you find out with the 6 months check up.

Cowboy I will try and make the August dinner, sure would be nice to meet you.

Dianne

Howdy! Just got back from my fill appt with George- He says this one should give me more restriction- I sure hope so! He didn't put much more in, but I could definitely feel the difference! Dianne, your comment about yours being tight is encouraging! It's liquids for me now and for the next 24 hours. Ugh!

Hope and the others were all in a meeting so I really couldn't find out much about the 6-month checkup but I was told that I needed to make an appt with the nutritionist, so I'll call back later and make that.

Dianne, that's wonderful about the size 14!!! I'm close- in women's sizes I need the 14, and even some of those are too baggy, but I am in regular 16's now! Woohoooo!! My goal is a size 10 or 12. I'd be content there, even though it would be nice to be even smaller. Six months ago that seemed like a very unobtainable goal, but the closer I get to it, the more optimistic I am that I'll get there. It sure feels nice to shop on the "normal" side of the stores, doesn't it!!!!!!!!!! Way to go, girl! :biggrin:

illion,

I am planning on going to the Saturday meeting. This will be my first one. Saturday meetings work for me because I am about 2 hours away and I can plan a shopping trip while in the area.

I can't wait to meet other bandsters in person. I don't have anyone around here to talk to personally. All my friends here are little skinny women that have never had a problem with weight in their lives.

Hey Stephanie- How are you doing? :smile2:

I'm going to *try* to go to the next Saturday meeting too. It would be really fun to meet some of the folks on here that we've talked to! Maybe I'll see you there!! I don't think I have the info on when/where- does anyone know?

Pat

Hey Stephanie- How are you doing? :thumbup:

I'm going to *try* to go to the next Saturday meeting too. It would be really fun to meet some of the folks on here that we've talked to! Maybe I'll see you there!! I don't think I have the info on when/where- does anyone know?

Pat

The lunches are on the first Saturday of the month (every month) at 2pm at Aparicios in Plano, Tx. You can google it, but it is on 18th Street off of I75.

Hope to see you there.

Stephanie

Hey guys! I hope everyone has been surviving this heat! I just got back in town from vacation and saw that some of you were going to attend the Saturday lunch. I hope you guys did! How was it?

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I did not see the post about the unhappy patient, so if you can direct me to the proper place, I will see if I can contact him/her and help them out!

Cynthia