Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow but I feel alittle sick.

Hey everyone. I'm new here and so excited to be here. My surgery is tomorrow March 14th, we are leaving to stay the night in town at a hotel tonight. I've been super nervous and all those last minute jitters. My main question is I woke up today alittle chest congested, they say don't come if your sick. I've been waiting sooooo long for this, so do I go and let the dr decide? or do I call and ask if I should reschedule in the morning? Which I DONT WANT TO DO. Please I need advice.

Hummmmm. I think I would want the doctor to decide but I wonder if you will get that far. If I remember correctly they asked at the checking desk if I had any of the COVID symptoms (they listed them all out). Hopefully it’s nothing and you still get to go through with it but better safe than sorry so definitely tell The doctor.

Are you feeling any better with your congestion? I don’t have an answer, but I would probably not cancel unless you get worse. They can always listen to your chest if necessary.

8 minutes ago, Toomany#s said:

Are you feeling any better with your congestion? I don’t have an answer, but I would probably not cancel unless you get worse. They can always listen to your chest if necessary.

That's what I thought too. Weather has been finicky here in north Dakota and warmer today so I wonder if that did it. I do feel slightly better. Thank you for your imput.

11 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Hummmmm. I think I would want the doctor to decide but I wonder if you will get that far. If I remember correctly they asked at the checking desk if I had any of the COVID symptoms (they listed them all out). Hopefully it’s nothing and you still get to go through with it but better safe than sorry so definitely tell The doctor.

Thank input for your input. I'm feeling alittle better today I'm praying tomorrow I'm not bad. Thank you again.

2 minutes ago, trishaaustin2001 said:

Thank you. They didn't cancel. Anesthesia listened to my lungs and I'm on the other side of surgery about 10hrs out in recovery.

Yay. I was thinking about you today. So glad they didn’t make you cancel.

6 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Yay. I was thinking about you today. So glad they didn’t make you cancel.

Yes I'm sooo happy they didn't cancel either. I didn't have a fever or anything else and lungs where clear. Now just trying to get my walks and my ice chips in. Thanks for keeping me in ur thoughts.

8 hours ago, Jue said:

Good luck hope everything goes your way and they dont cancel on you

Thank you. They didn't cancel. Anesthesia listened to my lungs and I'm on the other side of surgery about 10hrs out in recovery.

Wishing you speedy recovery!