Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise and what to do

2 minutes ago, Capri81 said:

I would like to know where her research is on your exercise. Research studies actually show the best exercise is one you WILL do consistently. I work with oncology patients and walking is what research shows is the best. I would discuss with your surgeons team (nurse, ma etc) the changing issues she has and how she keeps changing the goal and your concerns. Not in an accusatory way but more a concern on if it IS what is best for you. If you have to be consistent and intentional why doesn’t she?

Yeah at one point it was intentional fitness even if i was walking 2 - 10 miles a day she was worried I would forget to do it if it wasn't a routine and a must do. Then she back peddled and said anything is good as long you are up and moving 150 minutes per week. Now its i forgot to tell you to do these therapies for mental health. So I literally snapped and told her how I felt. Now it is do the therapy but my life coach is intervening making sure thats all and by sept the surgery is a go. ugh so much work it feel like for nothing. I have PCOS and managed to keep my weight at a 233. thats huge since I am normally at 255 ish. I can only pray. The rest of the team is proud of me and totally shocked. My nurse even said , : we've been watching you and you have been done with all the goals for some time. Where are you at let's do this thing!!"

On 04/24/2022 at 20:50, Dfidelman said:

update: She forgot to tell me about a therapy. so 6 more months. she says once this done she will green light me. I told her to put that in writing. I also reached out to my life coach and he said that he will make sure no later than sept/ oct this thing is gonna go down. its been a lot. it kinda made me angry tbh. I am all for mental health and such thats not what makes me mad. I think it ate at me knowing it was supposed to be my yr anniversary. So to relieve stress I let her have it as well as going to get a nose piercing. I'm tired of waiting to do the things that make me happy.

She FORGOT about a needed therapy after ALL this postponement, all this time?? I don’t know what kind of BS that is. I know you don’t want to rock the boat after all you have been through, but after your surgery, I would file a complaint with a timeline of these these extra hoops she came up with, the things you did and this “ intentional exercise “. That is a big bunch of NOTHING!! Nobody can accurately assess someone else’s intentions, EVER!! She is gaslighting and seems to think ALOT of her telepathic skills…. She might need a mental health evaluation

On 7/9/2023 at 2:56 PM, loras68 said:

She FORGOT about a needed therapy after ALL this postponement, all this time?? I don’t know what kind of BS that is. I know you don’t want to rock the boat after all you have been through, but after your surgery, I would file a complaint with a timeline of these these extra hoops she came up with, the things you did and this “ intentional exercise “. That is a big bunch of NOTHING!! Nobody can accurately assess someone else’s intentions, EVER!! She is gaslighting and seems to think ALOT of her telepathic skills…. She might need a mental health evaluation

yeah the part that sucks after all of this they recommended DBT therapy and because I didn't go from recommendations of both therapists its cornered me from being seen from everyone else because of it. Like it didnt work for me so wtf.

On 7/9/2023 at 2:56 PM, loras68 said:

yeah the part that sucks after all of this they recommended DBT therapy and because I didn't go from recommendations of both therapists its cornered me from being seen from everyone else because of it. Like it didnt work for me so wtf.