Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 days post gastric sleeve

Hello all

I'm Becca and I had a gastric sleeve 7 days ago.

The healing has been very strange as anything I eat I can feel - any tips to help keep my body going in the right direction and to help keep it comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi! I'm also 7 days post op! I'm still on full liquid diet and I can feel everything that god down as well. Sometimes it's painful, if the sip are not small enough or if they are to soon close together, so I just slow down and the pain is tolerable. I get full from Fluid after about 1 ounce and if i wait a few minutes, it's fine. I just sip 4-6 pounce over a period of 15 to 60 minutes depending upon what it is. I have notice today, I cant get it down in less time. if I take it slow. I hardly ever feel hungry and I'm taking the fluid in because I need to.

Bless you,

It's super weird being able to feel it go down.

I have found that cold ish drinks go down ok but sometimes feels like it's bubbling not sure why this but just something I have found. How did you find the first few days after surgery??

I had my surgery 5th October and sent home 6th October since then it's been learning to take things slow etc

Am I am still on liquid too but I've been able to have baked Beans as they are easy to really chew down before swallowing

It is such a bizarre feeling. I finally ate some whole Beans (allowed by my surgeon) and I swear I could feel them moving through my entire digestive tract. It was terrible. No more whole beans—I make a small pot of beans and purée them like for enfrijoladas.

It is such a bizarre feeling. I finally ate some whole Beans (allowed by my surgeon) and I swear I could feel them moving through my entire digestive tract. It was terrible. No more whole beans—I make a small pot of Beans and purée them like for enfrijoladas.

I can feel water/squash go through me completely it's horrible but just keep going as I know I need the fluids

All completely normal, and it does get better with time. Immediately post-op every wallow hurt and I could barely get a few ounces of liquid in per hour. I'm 3.5 weeks out now, and am able to get all of my fluids in, no pain swallowing, and tolerating purees/soft foods well. I will say, I still feel "bubbly" when I eat, but I have found that if I eat really slow, the gurgling is a good full indicator for me. When it becomes somewhat uncomfortable, I immediately stop eating and that seems to be working. Just give yourself lots of time to get used to your new body and be gentle with yourself while you're healing.

On 10/14/2021 at 10:36 AM, Sleeve_Me_Alone said:

All completely normal, and it does get better with time. Immediately post-op every wallow hurt and I could barely get a few ounces of liquid in per hour. I'm 3.5 weeks out now, and am able to get all of my fluids in, no pain swallowing, and tolerating purees/soft foods well. I will say, I still feel "bubbly" when I eat, but I have found that if I eat really slow, the gurgling is a good full indicator for me. When it becomes somewhat uncomfortable, I immediately stop eating and that seems to be working. Just give yourself lots of time to get used to your new body and be gentle with yourself while you're healing.

Thanks for this post. I am two days out and thought I was having complications. I can barley drink, without feeling it. Thank you for your response, now I see it’s a normal response.