Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'08 - Who do you want?

Who do you want for President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you want for President?

• Mitt Romney
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Barak Obama
    • John McCain
    • Joe Biden
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Edwards
    • Fred Thompson
    • Bill Richardson
    • Ron Paul
    • Chris Dodd
    • Duncan Hunter
    • Mike Gravel
    • Tom Tancredo

I don't think that most Americans are as bitter about Bill Clinton's behavior while in office as you are transformer. And it is astounding that you can go on about him, repeatedly, and then say that what this president is doing or has done is not worthy of discussing. Huh? What?

My God, how can anyone brush off the current administration's policies both here and abroad with a wave of the hand? But then rant and rave about Bill's indescretions and lying under oath (about indescretions).

That is what puzzles many of us who are appalled at the Bush camp and what he/they have done to our military, our country, our economy, and on and on and on. Instead of spending absolutely no energy pointing what a sneaky bastard Bush is and questioning where our country is headed, you're all focused on Bill Clinton. Amazing.

I might add that I do find you to be quite funny and I did get a chuckle out of much of what you posted. (Even though I disagree with your discussion focus.)

I'll try this one more time just for fun. Once Bush is gone from office he really will be gone. All done. Finito! Everyone sing with me now: "Na na na na--na na na na--hey, hey, hey--good-bye." Off to the Crawford Ranch he goes! He can mispronounce all the words he wants in private at last! From what I can tell, Laura Bush is not running for president so she's not dragging him back to the White House. Jeb Bush is not running for president so he isn't bringing "Dubya" back. "41" is not running for president so his son isn't coming back either. Barbara Bush (41's wife) is not running for president, so she won't be bringing her son back to Washington. The twins aren't running for president either. In about a year from now, he'll be outta here.

None of the current candidates will be stupid enough to follow exactly in Bush's footsteps and adopt all of his policies. Everyone is going to distance themselves from Bush as much as possible if they want to win. So, we need to carry on about Bush's policies as part of the current presidential election why exactly? I could see the connection if he was up for re-election for his second term...but that's not the case. If it were, I'd happily join in and slug it out with everyone, but under the current circumstances, I don't think it would be a worthwhile use of my energy.

On the other hand, it's just a wild suspicion of mine, but I think Bill Clinton is likely to accompany Hillary Clinton to the White House if she is elected...which means that his past misdeeds are suddenly quite relevant to all of us (thanks for reminding everyone of the seriousness of his actions Elena...he is no angel and the things he has done should not be glossed over). No one would have ever had to think about Bill Clinton again in the first place if HIS WIFE wasn't running for president! They are being marketed and sold as a package deal which is a VERY different and disturbing situation. Just the thought of it makes me long for Ross Perot and his little pointer stick...sob! Bring those cute little graphs back, man! I just want to pinch those jug-handled ears of yours (anyone remember the old Saturday Night Live skits about him? Hilarious)!

Derick--thanks for the history lesson about politicians making sure that Black Americans are kept "in their place." You are right on! Anyone who can't see the manipulation that goes on behind the scenes needs to take off their blinders. Thanks for mentioning Fort Marcy Park, too. (Memories...light the corners of my mind...Vince Foster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I'm actually looking forward to having a ring-side seat as things heat up!

TownDrunk--I heartily agree that a woman could do the job without a doubt. We just need to find the right one and then go for it!

Jack--All I have to say about "the woman's touch" and its effectiveness is that you haven't met my sister. :) Trust me, she'd have everything and everybody straightened out in a jiffy. She doesn't play! She's going to lead and you'd better follow or get the hell out of the way! :) Come to think of it, she'd make an excellent campaign manager for me!

Transformer, my point is that you aren't arguing about policies, you're speaking to the morals and ethics of one man but ignoring the morals and ethics of another. We better be trying to figure out how we can recapture the government as it was under Clinton rather than the one that we have now. If it means that the only way to accomplish that or something better, with this slate of politicians, is to elect Hillary, then so be it.

If you're saying you have no respect for the women that you listed, Jack, then I don't think any woman is going to make you happy. Maybe these women's politics are the opposite of yours. That would explain a lot about your view of women in charge. Is it really the fact that they are women or just that they are not conservative/right wing enough for you?

Derick it must be frightening to you to think that Black Americans may finally be able to unite behind someone who isn't white or a Republican. Blaming Democrats for keeping Blacks down in this country is what we expect the Republican machine and its' supporters. Yell it to the roof tops. We're onto you. It only makes you look insane and desperate.

My DH almost lost his life on the Snake River. Thank goodness for a lodged log.

Otherwise I'm certainly with you on your proposal to come up with solutions! Our problems may be the same or similar but our ideas for solutions are undoubtedly different. But right now I feel like that guy who is treed by a rabid dog - he says, "just shoot one of us, I gotta get some relief".

Derick it must be frightening to you to think that Black Americans may finally be able to unite behind someone who isn't white or a Republican. Blaming Democrats for keeping Blacks down in this country is what we expect the Republican machine and its' supporters. Yell it to the roof tops. We're onto you. It only makes you look insane and desperate.

wait...what? I thought it was rather pro-obama myself...:tt1:

what did I say that was not true?

Btw, at this point I don't even care who becomes president.

Watching both major parties and thier supporters come unglued is worth it.

Derick, wait... what? You don't CARE who becomes our next president? Or you're supporting Barack Obama like you suggested above?

Eh, never mind. I'm more interested in what you posted over on the Large Penis thread. Necra what?

i never said i was supporting osama oop, I mean obama, I was just point out the fact that he is going against the democrat party battle plan. and I applaud him for it.

am i allowed to do that?

Welllllll, let me think.... yeah, sure, you can clap all you want. I'd never stand in the way of applause for anyone, unless it is Dubya. He doesn't deserve applause, he deserves a spanking. :tt1:

So let's solve our problems. Just admit YOUR problems and MINE may not be the same. Nor require the same answer. Therein lies the issue.

Doesn't that just say it all!!!!!!!!!!

My problem is I believe it's not the government's responsibility to solve people's problems.

The concept of letting someone else make such a decision about such a solution, is Simply Beyond my capacity....if it's my problem....I'll take care of it....

Amen. The problem we have in these United States these days is that everyone believes they are entitled to have others solve their problems for them.

Transformer, my point is that you aren't arguing about policies, you're speaking to the morals and ethics of one man but ignoring the morals and ethics of another.

It's not that I'm ignoring Bush's ethics. Since this thread is about who we WILL choose for president in 2008, Bush really doesn't figure into the equation...at all. We're supposed to be debating the current presidential candidates' policies (and insulting their hair). He's not running, so I'm not picking on his hair or his platform because his ethics have no bearing on the outcome of the upcoming election. This isn't the appropriate forum. We could always start a "What Bugs Me About Bush" thread if there isn't one already! Then we can rant away!

Jack--Sorry you didn't catch on that I was kidding around about my sister. If any of you have a sister who is the oldest, you know just what I mean! :tt1: She is actually an excellent leader (and not just by being bossy). And thanks for reminding everyone about Janet Reno, Waco and Ruby Ridge, etc....that's exactly my point. Things were not all sunshine and roses in the 90s. I'm not quite sure how those years get remembered so fondly...could it be that lots of people around the country "inhaled" too? LOL!

Gadgetlady--You are 100% on target--whatever happened to personal responsibility? That will be one of the cornerstones of my platform when I run for president. It's all beginning to take shape now! :)

And now, presenting the first in a series, Building Leadership Skills for Presidential Candidates, Lesson 1:

The number one requirement of any great leader is that they possess a strong moral compass. If they don't have that, it doesn't matter what any of their other policies are. Slimebuckets do not great leaders make! :mad:

Paid for by the Transformer for President campaign. :mad:

E.D.

"Electile Dysfunction": The inability to become aroused over any of the choices for president put forth by either party in the 2008 election year.

E.D.

"Electile Dysfunction": The inability to become aroused over any of the choices for president put forth by either party in the 2008 election year.

FANTASTIC!!!!!