Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had gastric sleeve on August 16th. In addition to my sleeve I also had to have my hiatal hernia repaired. But, instead of the hernia being in my abdominal cavity it was in my chest cavity. The doctor told my family that the hernia was huge but her repairs it and it was in my chest. When I talked to the doctor he told me it was the biggest hernia he had seen all year and that everything else went fine. I went home the same day as my surgery at 12:30 pm after walking having fluids go down and tolerating pain.
My afterwards… the pain was real but I can’t take a lot of pain meds they make me sick. Was getting Water down but if I took too much in then the pain was real. Super super tired. I was given an abdominal binder and an ice pack which was a life saver.
I was losing 1 lb a day.

Ok. I’m at a stall. I’ve only lost roughly 15-17 lbs. the stall is 2 lbs that keep leaving and coming back. I’m at week 5 and will be at week 6 on Monday. Been in this stall since around the start of week 3. Ive been doing purée foods but not really. Trying to do mostly liquids. Have a really hard tine getting 64 oz of Water down. Tried puréed recipes from a gastric sleeve cookbook: turkey chili, noodlessLagnasa,cottage cheese, soft eggs with cheese, refried Beans, navy bean Soup, chicken broth. Chicken tortilla soup. Everything puréed. But I am so depressed because weight not coming off. I feel as if I did this urgent and now I can’t even get this weight off this way. Anyone else feel like this. I am going to go back to just all liquids to see if this will help.

You've lost 15-17 lbs in a month! That's great! Just follow the instructions they gave you and it will happen. Trust you team. Good luck with your journey. It isn't easy but is so worth it!

9 hours ago, ctsaunde2 said:

Ok. I’m at a stall. I’ve only lost roughly 15-17 lbs. the stall is 2 lbs that keep leaving and coming back. I’m at week 5 and will be at week 6 on Monday. Been in this stall since around the start of week 3. Ive been doing purée foods but not really. Trying to do mostly liquids. Have a really hard tine getting 64 oz of Water down. Tried puréed recipes from a gastric sleeve cookbook: turkey chili, noodlessLagnasa,cottage cheese, soft eggs with cheese, refried Beans, navy bean Soup, chicken broth. chicken tortilla Soup. Everything puréed. But I am so depressed because weight not coming off. I feel as if I did this urgent and now I can’t even get this weight off this way. Anyone else feel like this. I am going to go back to just all liquids to see if this will help.

FOLLOW YOUR PROGRAM! 15-17 lbs in month 1 is very normal. I lost 16 lbs the first month, and I started out well over 300 lbs. A 15-25 lb loss in the first month is a pretty normal range. I think the issue is that a lot of people's expectations are shaped by shows like "My 600 lb Life". You have to keep in mind that those people start at well over 600 lbs - so that are not your average WLS patient. Don't go back to all liquids if it's only an attempt to speed up your weight loss. You need to follow your program. The weight WILL come off if you stick to your program. I promise!

Edited by catwoman7

Thanks. I know I am not alone in this journey but some days it feels like it.

Sounds like the three-week stall got caught in traffic. Just stay with your program! It WILL come off. And if you have doubts, call your NUT!

I am 7 months out now and just went through a month long stall. It is very unsettling but they do happen and they break eventually. When mine broke I dropped three pounds really fast which somewhat offsets the stall (I am towards the end so 3-5 pounds a month is about all I have been losing). Just stick to the plan and the loss will pick up again.

I had surgery 7 months ago, as well and I’ve been in a stall for 6 weeks! I get pretty frustrated but have to remember to stick to the plan! I know if I do that then the weight will start to come off again. I’ve lost 80 lbs so far and I have about 35 to go to hit my goal. I can see that tiny light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there! You can do this!!! You’re doing great!💕