Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So a chipotle just opened up near me and I used to love their food (whatever… it’s a personal preference like favorite color) and thought “why not.” Eating off of it two meals a day I got to day four and still had some left. By that point the guac was looking a little scary so I chucked it. Just found it amazing that there was a time not too long ago where I could down that tortilla swaddled baby in one sitting and still have room for chips and a drink. It was less than 200 calories (when divided by 8) but it was really dense so I couldn’t eat much at each “meal.” Makes it pretty reasonable from a price/meal standpoint too. Like I said… the only point I have here is it’s shocking how much food I used to be able to eat… stay on your plan. My plan is “figure it out as I go along.”

I can totally relate! I am just 8 weeks post-op and I am amazed sometimes at how little I can eat now, compared to how much I ate before. I honestly thought my eating habits before were "not that bad". I'm realizing now how bad they really were.

Good luck with your plan..... figuring it out as you go!! :)

I call mine "trial and error"

Lol. Yea. After a lifetime of clearing my plate, and then some, it's still hard to get used to this. Lol

So true. I got intentional about prepping my lunches this week, and I prepped 5 containers of veggies, hummus and eggs. All good stuff, but then I took a second look at it and I was like - ummm... two of these containers will last me the whole week. Six months out and I'm still not doing the proper sized portions. It's hard!!

I am also a card carrying member of the clean your plate club! Hard habit to break.

Eventually it will become your new normal. Im almost 3 years out and i still eat a fraction of what my never-obese meal companions eat.

I sometimes order a larger steak just so I can take it home and make several meals from it!

I love getting multiple meals out of my restaurant leftovers!

Also, try the kids meal at Chipotle! It's a quesadilla, 3 sides, tortilla chips, and a drink for 4 bucks!!! I can get 2-3 meals out of it!

P.S. Since my new pleasure is finding good kids meals, I'll also throw in a plug for Arbys! Roast beef sandwich, curly fries and a drink, also 4 bucks! I usually only get 1.5 meals out of this one though, and my husband scarfs down my leftovers!