Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision surgery 9/8/2021

I just had my revision to DS last month. Sleeved in 2012

I had my revision surgery on 9/8, and the gas pain was insane. It took three days for it to subside. Shortly after that, I had a sharp pain near one of my incisions, which has finally started to go away as of yesterday. I have lost 13 lbs, and I feel pretty good. I plan to keep this thread updated for people who are thinking of revising.

It's Friday, and I have lost another lb. I do see that weight loss will be slower this time, but that is okay. It is too soon to tell about my BMS, I guess, but as of now. I haven't had any issues, as I hear a lot of people do. I don't find that I have much gas or anything, but I do use the restroom more often—twice a day, at least when I used to go once.

It is my two-week mark; I have lost another lb (15lbs) total and can eat soft foods. However, bowel movements and gas increase if you eat the wrong things, and I have now experienced cramps when I need to go. To clarify, I had the modified DS, SADI with 250 CM.

Edited by scollins707

Today is five weeks exactly, and I am down 21 lbs. Last week was weird; for some reason, I gained a few lbs, and then within six days, I started dropping an lb a day. My dietician would like me to stay between 80-100g of carbs, which I was reluctant about reading other revision experiences, but I am happy to say that I am still losing at 80g daily. I can eat many things without issue, but only if I eat them in small portions. Pooping is weird... It smells, often loose, and I have had some oily moments (TMI), but it is definitely diet-related. I have noticed that I have gas early in the morning and have to poop first thing, so that is something to keep in mind if you are considering revising to SADI.

Glad you are doing well! Keep kicking butt!

13 weeks out, and I’ve lost 23lbs. I kept going up and down 3lbs, and then I would stall, which was very frustrating. I stopped looking at the scale for the week. I ate holiday food… not too much, but I ate enough that I was sure I’d have gained another 2-3 lbs. I got on the scale and lost 7lbs since last Monday. It’s not a massive difference from my previous post…. Only 2lbs, but.. long as the scale is moving, I’m not going to complain. For those of you wondering about the poop and the smell… it does smell weird.. and it can get really bad if you eat bad food or something you don’t digest well. I don’t have gas issues, and I only poop twice in the morning if I’m eating a normal diet. If I eat take-out, I will poop 5-6 times In a day. One thing I know for sure, as far as weight loss if I work out, I'm sure I could lose an lb a day. Next week I will try for 5x a week along with following weight watchers.

Edited by scollins707

I appreciate the updates. I just had revision on 11/17.

Hello everyone,

I have lost another 1.5 lbs since last Tuesday so I’m really happy about that. I guess it’s safe to say I am over the hump. Yesterday I didn’t eat so well, though, and I am paying for it today. My stomach hurts and I keep having to use the restroom. Very happy to be back on track this week, it has been difficult to be on a diet with family over, but at least I kept losing. I sort of wish I had the gastric bypass instead of the SADI because I see people losing all there weight in less than six months, but I think this was probably best for me for a lot of reasons and I’m thankful for having this opportunity after messing up the first time.

@scollins707 thanks! My first 10 days were pretty rough but doing good now. Trying to learn my new configuration and how to eat again. I am having a lot of Constipation which my surgeon says is strange since I had a distal revision. He expected me to be going several times a day. Hoping that will improve with my increased Water intake and walking longer distances.

5 hours ago, Shelliebelle said:

@scollins707 thanks! My first 10 days were pretty rough but doing good now. Trying to learn my new configuration and how to eat again. I am having a lot of constipation which my surgeon says is strange since I had a distal revision. He expected me to be going several times a day. Hoping that will improve with my increased Water intake and walking longer distances.

I have seen a few people here and there complain of Constipation. You are right, and probably as you increase fluids, walk, and eat more, you won't have that issue. I haven't skipped a day for BM since surgery which is insane.

Hello sleeve to Sadis. It’s been a while… I did a lot of yo-yoing 2-3 lbs. finally I stopped with my dietician's advice + phentermine and working out 3-4x a week;I’m down a Little over 40 lbs. I know that’s not saying a lot but it doesn’t have to be fast… I just need to see the scale consistently move. I think i wasted my time with the balance diet and probably would have seen better results on 30g CHO or less off top…. but im not complaining.

p