Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months and Stalled



Recommended Posts

I'm so glad I found your post, its like I could have typed it myself and am here also looking for solutions. I'm about 7 months post op from sleeve, and I haven't lost any weight since the beginning of September. I keep pingponging back and forth between the same 2 pounds. I thought it was just a stall but its been so long now. I'm at 207, and I'm SO CLOSE to hitting 199 and I just want to get there... my goal was to get down to 180 but I would be ok if that never happens - I just want to go past 200! I'm hopeful that you finally started losing again that maybe this just happens for all of us!
Well first off I love your name!! Lol I was born in long Island. Moved away when I was real little unfortunately though...but yeah I am right with you too, I have been at a stall to I guess, seems like forever though like around 4 weeks. I've actually only lost a total of 37lbs though!!! Which is wayyy less than I expected:( I also have been going through ALOT here at home though...I'm married to a a very mentally abusive guy and have zero friends or family but still I should be trying harder to lose the weight. :(

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2021 at 12:45 PM, newyorklady20 said:

I'm so glad I found your post, its like I could have typed it myself and am here also looking for solutions. I'm about 7 months post op from sleeve, and I haven't lost any weight since the beginning of September. I keep pingponging back and forth between the same 2 pounds. I thought it was just a stall but its been so long now. I'm at 207, and I'm SO CLOSE to hitting 199 and I just want to get there... my goal was to get down to 180 but I would be ok if that never happens - I just want to go past 200! I'm hopeful that you finally started losing again that maybe this just happens for all of us!

I broke my stall and lost 5lbs at the end of June. Then I stalled again and lost nothing for the longest time. A couple weeks ago, I had a rough patch and started snacking on junk thanks to some meds I was put on making me constantly hungry. I saw the scale go up by 4lbs. This week, I decided to go back to "the beginning". I am doing 2 shakes a day and then really good dinner and Snacks. I lost that 4lbs and am down almost another lb. SO CLOSE to 199.9. I have been itching to get below 200 as well. Sitting at 201.0 this morning.

Are you counting your cal/carbs to see if you are above or below your target? I noticed when I stopped counting, I slacked on eating as well.

Edited to change the month from July to June. I stalled for SO long!

Edited by CapK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CapK said:

I broke my stall and lost 5lbs at the end of June. Then I stalled again and lost nothing for the longest time. A couple weeks ago, I had a rough patch and started snacking on junk thanks to some meds I was put on making me constantly hungry. I saw the scale go up by 4lbs. This week, I decided to go back to "the beginning". I am doing 2 shakes a day and then really good dinner and Snacks. I lost that 4lbs and am down almost another lb. SO CLOSE to 199.9. I have been itching to get below 200 as well. Sitting at 201.0 this morning.

Are you counting your cal/carbs to see if you are above or below your target? I noticed when I stopped counting, I slacked on eating as well.

Edited to change the month from July to June. I stalled for SO long!

I totally know what you mean. When the stall goes on for so long it can be easy to just be like "well, this is where I am, so I might as well just eat whatever I want!" Honestly I think part of the problem might be that I'm not eating enough (usually only between 500-600 cals a day and like 5 grams of carbs) and then that also causes you to not have as many/as frequent BMs!! I found that when I bumped up my calories, added some more Fiber and carbs that I felt better, but I also started going to the bathroom better and that seems to have helped - I lost about 2lbs in the past week! It can be so easy to slack though! Hopefully we are all moving through this! I"m going to throw myself an actual party when I finally hit 199 - we are so close!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, newyorklady20 said:

I totally know what you mean. When the stall goes on for so long it can be easy to just be like "well, this is where I am, so I might as well just eat whatever I want!" Honestly I think part of the problem might be that I'm not eating enough (usually only between 500-600 cals a day and like 5 grams of carbs) and then that also causes you to not have as many/as frequent BMs!! I found that when I bumped up my calories, added some more Fiber and carbs that I felt better, but I also started going to the bathroom better and that seems to have helped - I lost about 2lbs in the past week! It can be so easy to slack though! Hopefully we are all moving through this! I"m going to throw myself an actual party when I finally hit 199 - we are so close!!!

Wow! That's really low calorie. By 6 months out I was expected to hit 1000-1200 per day. These days a "high day" is 1300 cal and a low day is 1000. I find if you eat too little, your body stalls faster too because it thinks you are starving. I try to vary each day by at least 100 calories when I am paying attention and actually loosing.

So glad to hear you are going down again this week. That's wonderful!

And yes, I agree. On a longer stall, I have totally slipped into the mindset of "Oh well, guess that's it for weight loss. At least I weigh less than I have since I was 19!" I mean, I wouldn't even mind stopping loosing weight at 180. At my height that's still way too much but 102lbs down would be such an amazing thing regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just keep mixing it up to break a stall. Changing protein/ fat/ good carb intake up and down seems to do the trick. It is definitely slowing down though since I am 8 lbs from goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad I have this forum...it has been so helpful that last 7 months.

I am 7 months post op sleeve and have been at the same weight for exactly 6 weeks. I admit I have not been tracking my intake and have been "testing" lots of different foods now that I know I am fully healed which I am sure is the issue. I too have been losing hair for the past 2-3 months but this am i only had a half of hand of hair so there is some progress. It always nice to known I am not the only one going through this :) I also have not been walking due to the amount of light outside. This am I was finally able to walk again this am before work and I started tracking my food again so fingers crossed. I have consistently had an intake of 60-80gm of Proteins a day and more than 80 oz of Water daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • UniquelyMe28

      I hit my stall ALREADY 🤷🏽‍♀️ been at 300 for almost a week. I’m not worried about it though, because I know that my body is healing. I’m not in a rush, I loss 30 pounds since surgery which was 3 weeks ago. I’m just going with the flow and staying positive. 😁
      · 1 reply
      1. kimdlawson06

        It's very common. Give your body a chance to "catch up" with its new reality and the weight loss will start again. Hang in there, I know it can be frustrating!

    • Meganator

      First Orangetheory class back after surgery! #347 for me. Determined to take things easy- especially those ab exercises. Looking forward to hitting #350 this week.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • tcrehm

      How do I delete my account on here?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • UniquelyMe28

      I loss 19 pounds my first 7 days post op 🙌🏽 (Water weight or real weight.. weight is weight to me.. I’ll take it lol) I make sure I keep my water with me 24.7 and I walk every chance I get. I cook dinner for my kids with no problems. I have zero cravings!  By next week I should be in the 200’s. Haven’t been there since high school 🥲
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • EricLB300BC

      Well, starting day 2 after surgery. Felling hunger pains again this morning and nausea, no vomiting. I think the hunger pains are coming from my stomach and not my pouch. Think I will call their hotline and speak with them about it. It is not terribly bad but it is uncomfortable. I do not regret getting the surgery though. I expected some discomfort right after, I just didn't expect the hunger pains.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×