Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! I am new to the group and I'm so happy to be here! I have completed all my pre op procedures and I am just waiting for my date - I am assuming it would be early June. I have a question for those who are using insurance - how much do you pay out of pocket after insurance contribution?

Hello everyone! I am new to the group and I'm so happy to be here! I have completed all my pre op procedures and I am just waiting for my date - I am assuming it would be early June. I have a question for those who are using insurance - how much do you pay out of pocket after insurance contribution?

It depends on how much your Max Out Of Pocket is and how much you have left of it after your deductible. I didn't realize how good my insurance was until I was talking to my mom about her deductible and Max OOP. I meet my deductible and put a big dent into my OOP every year just by doing therapy I feel like. Then add in the extra appointments for pre-surgical clearance and you are knocking away more.
I am having unrelated neuro-psych testing done next week and if it doesn't finish out my OOP, then I am assuming I'll get pretty close to it since I only have less than $500 left. It's possible I won't have to pay anything out of pocket for the actual surgery since my maxes are so low.

You can call your insurance provider and ask them about your benefits and where you are with your deductible and Out Of Pocket, and also ask the insurance person at the doctor's office for the billing codes as well.

Hi JUNE friends! I get notifications when there are posts and how emotional I was to see all the NEW 2022 Junies posting! Made me reflect on everything that has happened to me in the last year.

Recorded my highest weight in NOV 2019 at 305 at 5ft1in at the doctor's office. Cried and talked with her about surgery. She was all for it. Let that sit and fester for another year, what was the rush? I have only been thinking about this for the last TEN years. Finally, Nov 2020, my levels were prediabetic. I was on two high BP meds. I knew I needed to stop this. My insurance sucked and conventional route was not going to happen. MANY MANY insurance companies DO NOT cover bariatric surgeries any more. WHICH is ridiculous since it is the only elective surgery that reverses or ends so many mortal diseases. Why wouldn't they pay? Between HBP and soon to be diabetes, probably need knee replacements, and on and on!!

I had to find self pay. I was too nervous to look at Mexico, and found Blossom Bariatrics in Vegas. I started my Pre-Op diet May 25th, 2021. Surgery was June 15th, 2021. Best DECISION I EVER MADE! We have all been there. Should have done it sooner, hmmm-ed and hawed for months and months once my doctor and I talked about it. Then there was covid. The delays never ended. But to all the new people.....TRUST THE PROCESS, LISTEN to your body. It will know what to do. If you do the work, it will follow. I consider myself a SLOW loser. I was not, will not, and won't ever be an exercise lover. I couldn't fathom doing any exercise when I was 305lbs. It was a terrible cycle. I can't walk and move my body because my knees hurt, my back hurt. I didn't walk much when I started this journey but then, after the tiredness subsides, you think wow, my knees don't hurt. I can go for a walk with the dog. Then, I WANT to walk the dog. For me, everything was baby steps.

BUT, suddenly the pants are looser. You start to see your face change. Then, those close to you start to notice. Slowly, but SURELY, it comes off. The ONLY WAY to lose this weight is by calorie deficit. It is the ONLY WAY we can all do this. It is NOT EASY. Having surgery is NOT easy. We still have to change the way we eat. We are still have to fight those old habits and desires.

I read everything I could, joined this group, and a couple on FB. I read all the advice. I am here to tell you a few of mine. I HATED pictures of any kind. I didn't take many before or after surgery. DO TAKE PICTURES!!! I love seeing people's before and afters and transformations and I just can't go back. and POOP. No one talks about the POOP or lack of it. It was my biggest side effect and still an issue. Hair loss, it happens, just start those Biotin pills NOW!

SO, sorry for this long post, it was kind of emotional and I needed to just write it all out. You took the first steps. You got this! I still feel like I just did and am in the stages you are. But, as I close in on my first anniversary, I am overwhelmed. I hit the 100 pound lost mark. Then, this week, I hit ONEDERLAND. Lots of milestones all at once. I am anxious to see what my pounds lost will be on June 15th!

Trust yourself and the process. There are NO steadfast rules. I hate when I see posts and people are so adamant and actually rude about stuff. In the end, you make the rules. I'm an open book and will answer any questions. You can message me or post. Literally remind yourself, it's ONE day at a time.

Best wishes Junies!!

On 04/16/2022 at 22:26, SBG said:

Height: 5’6”

Starting weight at surgery: 278

June 10,2021, gastric sleeve

Current weight: 146

Total lost: 132 pounds

goal: 135

Almost there! Best thing I’ve ever done. 🥰

Congratulations! My surgery is 6/8!
Your numbers are amazing. You have achieved an amazing thing.
Congratulations again!
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

On 04/16/2022 at 22:16, Dani64519 said:

I’m struggling a bit, weight loss is very, very slow. BUT diabetes is GONE! I’ve adjusted to my new lifestyle and love my long daily walks, just wish the scale would budge, I’ve been hovering around the same number for 6 weeks

Congratulations!
Losing the diabetes us a fabulous accomplishment! You are doing wonderful things to improve your life and your health!
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

On 05/16/2022 at 21:37, Drinkwine28 said:

Hi JUNE friends! I get notifications when there are posts and how emotional I was to see all the NEW 2022 Junies posting! Made me reflect on everything that has happened to me in the last year.

Recorded my highest weight in NOV 2019 at 305 at 5ft1in at the doctor's office. Cried and talked with her about surgery. She was all for it. Let that sit and fester for another year, what was the rush? I have only been thinking about this for the last TEN years. Finally, Nov 2020, my levels were prediabetic. I was on two high BP meds. I knew I needed to stop this. My insurance sucked and conventional route was not going to happen. MANY MANY insurance companies DO NOT cover bariatric surgeries any more. WHICH is ridiculous since it is the only elective surgery that reverses or ends so many mortal diseases. Why wouldn't they pay? Between HBP and soon to be diabetes, probably need knee replacements, and on and on!!

I had to find self pay. I was too nervous to look at Mexico, and found Blossom Bariatrics in Vegas. I started my Pre-Op diet May 25th, 2021. Surgery was June 15th, 2021. Best DECISION I EVER MADE! We have all been there. Should have done it sooner, hmmm-ed and hawed for months and months once my doctor and I talked about it. Then there was covid. The delays never ended. But to all the new people.....TRUST THE PROCESS, LISTEN to your body. It will know what to do. If you do the work, it will follow. I consider myself a SLOW loser. I was not, will not, and won't ever be an exercise lover. I couldn't fathom doing any exercise when I was 305lbs. It was a terrible cycle. I can't walk and move my body because my knees hurt, my back hurt. I didn't walk much when I started this journey but then, after the tiredness subsides, you think wow, my knees don't hurt. I can go for a walk with the dog. Then, I WANT to walk the dog. For me, everything was baby steps.

BUT, suddenly the pants are looser. You start to see your face change. Then, those close to you start to notice. Slowly, but SURELY, it comes off. The ONLY WAY to lose this weight is by calorie deficit. It is the ONLY WAY we can all do this. It is NOT EASY. Having surgery is NOT easy. We still have to change the way we eat. We are still have to fight those old habits and desires.

I read everything I could, joined this group, and a couple on FB. I read all the advice. I am here to tell you a few of mine. I HATED pictures of any kind. I didn't take many before or after surgery. DO TAKE PICTURES!!! I love seeing people's before and afters and transformations and I just can't go back. and POOP. No one talks about the POOP or lack of it. It was my biggest side effect and still an issue. Hair loss, it happens, just start those Biotin pills NOW!

SO, sorry for this long post, it was kind of emotional and I needed to just write it all out. You took the first steps. You got this! I still feel like I just did and am in the stages you are. But, as I close in on my first anniversary, I am overwhelmed. I hit the 100 pound lost mark. Then, this week, I hit ONEDERLAND. Lots of milestones all at once. I am anxious to see what my pounds lost will be on June 15th!

Trust yourself and the process. There are NO steadfast rules. I hate when I see posts and people are so adamant and actually rude about stuff. In the end, you make the rules. I'm an open book and will answer any questions. You can message me or post. Literally remind yourself, it's ONE day at a time.

Best wishes Junies!!

I LOVE THIS! It sounded like ME to a T!! There have been SOOOO many NSV! I too felt like I was a ‘slow loser’, but the numbers don’t lie! I’m a few days away from 11 months post op, and it has been a roller coaster of a year! The pics, I NEVER wanted ‘full body’ pics of myself. I can’t STOP taking them now! I still can’t believe how far I’ve come. I still have at least 20 more to lose, and this journey is for LIFE. It’s a daily struggle, of course I still WANT the food, but my mind has changed.