Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

Looking for other May 2021 folks to share the journey with! I'm scheduled for May 5th and start my liquid diet in just a few days. Anyone else on/around the same time? What kind of pre-op diet do you have? I admit I'm super nervous about how I'm going to manage the next couple of weeks and keep up my energy at work.

Hello and welcome! I'll have mine on May 19th. Tomorrow I attend my pre op class and also meet with my surgeon one last time so I guess I'll find out the deets to my pre surgery diet tomorrow. I know there is one, cause I saw it in the notes of the dietician, just not sure of the details.

There is another forum about May surgery dates too. You can check it out at:

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/436606-may-surgery/?tab=comments#comment-4919284

Edited by SummerTimeGirl

23 hours ago, ErikkaJ said:

I’m 5/15 ... and super nervous

I'm with you on being nervous!

I was May 3. Found out yesterday postponed due to cancellation of elective surgeries in Ontario. So I’m on hold until they announce that surgeries can resume 😣 Hope this delay is not long, I’d like to have the surgery by the end of May.

Good Luck all with your pre-op diet and surgeries! You all will do great! For me, the 1st couple of days home after surgery were a bit rough, but by the third day, the brain fog was gone and once I figured out how much I was able to sip at once, it was much better. My surgeon said that the more I drank, the easier it would get...he was right! I also got some Proti Diet 15g Protein Soup - chicken. My clinic sells them for $10/box of seven. Had them in the hospital and they actually soothed my new tummy. And are really good. They have been a life saver for me with getting my protein in each day. You can get them various places online, including Bariatric Pal Shop.

My surgery is scheduled for May 20th and Im slightly overwhelmed. Trying to sort out everything I need to remember. Good luck to everyone 🤞🏻

Mine is on the 6th and I’m so excited BUT I’ve been on the pre-op first for 4 days now and it’s a hard one! Still doing good though and lost 6lbs in 3 days. I’m 5’4” and now 218. I’m feeling hopeful. Good luck to all of you!

On 4/25/2021 at 12:58 PM, Greendragonfly said:

My surgery is scheduled for May 20th and Im slightly overwhelmed. Trying to sort out everything I need to remember. Good luck to everyone 🤞🏻

Surgery date twins! I just got scheduled for the 20th. Starting the liver-shrink this Thursday. Also feeling pretty overwhelmed.

Hi twin lol, Im starting my liver shrink on Wednesday. Good luck to you. Im feeling a little anxious and trying to get my pre op testing done and coordinated. Seems to be a full time job.

Hi!

I am having mine done on the 12th of May. I start my pre-op tomorrow. I am very excited!

The last couple of months I have been trying to get my body ready for the liquid diet. I have been having a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch and a normal dinner. But, in the last few weeks I have been struggling and eating junk for lunch! This week my head seems to be more "ready" for this transition, and I am eager to get it done.

My pre-op is 2 weeks. Week 1 is two Protein Shakes (breakfast and lunch) then a normal meal for dinner. I am not allowed any carbs or sugar, no milk in shakes... needs to be mixed with water... :-/ I can have low energy vegetables and fruit.< /span>

Week 2 is 3 Protein shakes a day and vegetables for Snacks.

Just got scheduled for May 18th... same day as my daughter's birthday! Yay May Sleeves!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using BariatricPal mobile app