Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

21 minutes ago, Jnfinney said:

Today I just realized that I haven’t had a headache since I was a few days post op. This is AMAZING to me because I typically got headaches 3-4 times a week before surgery. I’m not sure what it is that has helped my headaches, but I’m sure glad!

Leaky gut syndrome is tied to chronic headaches! Cutting out carbs/sugar is one of the ways to heal your gut!

4 hours ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

5. Not being terrified of running into someone I knew 10+ years ago in public because of how fat I’d gotten.

I might actually go to a friend from college's wedding in June instead of sending my usual gift and excuses.

Edited by XtinaDoesIt

Today I just realized that I haven’t had a headache since I was a few days post op. This is AMAZING to me because I typically got headaches 3-4 times a week before surgery. I’m not sure what it is that has helped my headaches, but I’m sure glad!
That is amazing! Unfortunately, my stupid Migraines have not left. [emoji2959]
That's a wonderful thing that yours are gone!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

1. I went into TJ Maxx for the very first time in my life looking for skinny Syrup. I ended up purchasing an XL Tommy Hilfiger t-shirt dress that I found for $19 this weekend and had to go back to exchange it for a L today. I thought I was atleast going to have to hold it for a few more months because I wear XL shorts, some L but XL men/unisex tees. I guess not any longer.

2. When having labs drawn last week I actually fit in the chair and with the little safety arm down in front of me and there was room for a small child to fit in there too. Last year pre-rny, this was not a possibility.

3. I can bend over and tie my own shoes.

4. My belly no longer touches the steering wheel..not even if i move the seat up close.

14 hours ago, chiquitatummy said:

This is so real! For a long time I have lived with these versions of "it fits" in my wardrobe

1. It fits, like I can go out in public fits!
  2. It fits, like I can go out in public fits but only if I wear a layer over it or it goes under a long tunic
  3. It fits, but only for wearing around the house where no one can see my bulging rolls/gut/boobs/butt
  4. It fits, if I can manage to lose 5 pounds.
  5. It ...f**k its not even close to fitting.

That is hysterical but mainly because it's soooo true!!!

Yesss, getting rid of bra extenders is amazing!

I can fit in a bathtub. With my spouse.
I can roll over in bed without having to do it in stages.
I can fit into a theater seat, airline seat, any seat.
Horseback riding on vacation with my spouse.
Kayaking on vacation.
Riding bike to work.
Five marathons. Running across the Golden Gate Bridge.

Oh YEAH! These are great ones. And this makes me think of how some things happen that I don't even realize. Like, you just made me realize I don't have to roll over in bed in stages anymore!
So many things are happening, and there was so much I had grown accustomed to and now that it's gone sometimes I don't even realize it!
That in and of itself is a big NSV!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I went SCUBA diving for the first time in 2 years (thanks, COVID), and I need at least 4, probably 6 fewer pounds of weight to maintain neutral buoyancy. My air consumption is a little better too, although it was freakishly, unaccountably good to begin with.

On 4/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, Jnfinney said:

Wiping my own butt without breaking my back trying to reach 🤦🏼‍♀️

OMG! TMI!!!!! :)

16 hours ago, Ukalliq said:

I went SCUBA diving for the first time in 2 years (thanks, COVID), and I need at least 4, probably 6 fewer pounds of weight to maintain neutral buoyancy. My air consumption is a little better too, although it was freakishly, unaccountably good to begin with.

Going diving as a much smaller person is the last remaining item on my weight-loss bucket list!!!! First we had vacays in inappropriate diving destinations, then I had plastics, then effing covid...so the last time I went diving was in summer 2018. And I had to pack on 20 lbs of weights (of which I was always slightly embarrassed of because everyone else was at like 10lbs or less...plus its frickin' heavy walking around...ugh).

I am over more than 1/2 the weight/size of I used to be (not to mention a marked increase in muscle mass percentage) so I have no idea what my new weight requirements will be...but am thoroughly excited to find out....oh and equally excited to not have to wear a men's XL wetsuit!!!

Crossing my fingers that it will happen by end of this year. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

P.S. where did you go?? (feel free to answer or not answer, I understand if its a privacy thing :) )

Edited by ms.sss

Hand washing a car without getting winded or tired!
Also there was a ton of honking and catcalls but I’m not sure if it was for me or for the car itself 😂

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Hand washing a car without getting winded or tired!
Also there was a ton of honking and catcalls but I’m not sure if it was for me or for the car itself 😂

Im positive it was all for you. Please tell me you wore a bikini with a white t-shirt over it and shook the Water out of your hair in slow motion.

3 hours ago, ms.sss said:

P.S. where did you go?? (feel free to answer or not answer, I understand if its a privacy thing :) )

I went to the big island of Hawai'i. I did a two tank dive out of Hilo then a few days later another two tank dive out of Kona.

Last time I went diving, I was probably slightly over 300lbs and I needed 26lb of lead. I'm about 60lb lighter now so in Hilo I tried 24lb - way too heavy. I dropped like a brick and had to keep a considerable amount of air in my BCD. In Kona I tried 22lbs and that was better but still a little too heavy. 20lb is probably my sweet spot right now but I am still losing so I expect that to change. I am tentatively planning a trip in November, so we'll see where I am then.

Getting in and out of the boat with all the gear on was noticeably easier too, but still no picnic!