Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow the work starts

I went to my post op two week check up today and was pleasantly surprised to see the Drs scale say I have officially lost 25 pounds since the day of surgery and that was fully clothes with my shoes on (I even had on a sweatshirt and jeans) !!! Had I had the opportunity I would have been in a hospital gown with my bumm hanging out for as dry of a weight as I could have come up upon but I was happy with 25 pounds in two weeks!!!

I got the go ahead to start the mechanically soft diet and I can start my walking program. While they did my sleeve they had to fix a hernia and remove a few little unwanted polyps but nothing major, just enough to make me have to stay away from anything but walking for 4 more weeks and no lifting for another month.

My hubby starts his two week liquid diet on Thursday so we are going to be drinking meals around here for some time BUT what are some foods you find really give you energy before a good walk (3 or 4 miles) that could be blended and are not necessarily a Protein Drink ( I have had my fill of them for a couple days)!! We farm and I my only concern about my hubby having this done is the low energy from the low calorie meals, he can be feeding animals, loading grain and shoveling corn all at the same time and I just don't know if a Protein Shake and Bone Broth is going to get him what he needs to get through the day............

That's amazing!

I only lost 15 pounds during my first MONTH! I'm 5' 1" and my starting weight was 250, so my stats were similar to yours.

25 minutes ago, Jaelzion said:

That's amazing!

I only lost 15 pounds during my first MONTH! I'm 5' 1" and my starting weight was 250, so my stats were similar to yours.

I had some underlying medical stuff going on so I am sure a pounds (5 or more) were just long term Fluid built up. I had a hysterectomy a few years ago that was a complete nightmare and my hormones have been off the hook ever since. The surgeon told me today that my stomach that was sent in to pathology was nightmare. I should feel better just having that out of me, I had/ have, will have (still trying to figure this out) an autoimmune disorder of the stomach lining (autoimmune atrophic gastritis). So hopefully getting that diseased tissue out of me and getting my Vitamins and electrolytes back in balance the rest of the numbers will fall back in place again.

I got so depressed when nobody could figure out what was wrong with me all I did was eat and that just made everything ten times worse! I am so grateful that they were willing to go this procedure on me and give me a life back I am willing to do anything to start living again.

Now to get my husband through the liquid phase of everything so he can lose all the weight we gained together !!!!

Congrads to both of you! he will be Ok there are other things in life besides food! I to this day love my Broths and Soups Check out the protean soups on Amazon they will fill him up

I really loved and still love my morning Protein Shake for energy and Vitamins and nutrients.

Wow! That's an amazing weight loss in 2 weeks! Congratulations!