Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight regain...I don't know where to start.

1 hour ago, vmiracle said:

Hi...I was sleeved in June 2009. I'm 5'5" and went from 232 to 121. I regained 20 pounds after 5 or 6 years and maintained pretty well. Then Covid. I'm now up to 176...not happy. I know it's my own fault. Too much beer, too many chips and potatoes. I started working out again (at home but with a trainer) 2 weeks ago. I'm happy about that. This week I really started focusing on eating better. I'm logging my food again and staying away from potatoes and the beer. I've lost a whole 1.5lbs...but it's a start. I'm still in 8's and 10's but I want to be back in 6's.

It's incredibly encouraging to see that some of you all have similar experiences. I hope we can learn a lot from each other! I'm glad I found this place!!

Val

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Ugh this sounds so tough. I really feel your disappointment. Please don't beat yourself over the head with it; I believe there's a pound in every scolding we give ourselves. I mean, if we're not in our own corner, who is?

Good for you for recognizing you needed to change. Maybe just do 10 lbs first and see where you're at. Be as cool as you were when you lost it the first time. Best of luck!

I always go back to shakes. The only ones that taste good to me and keep me full for two hours is Ensure plus. Has 5G more sugar than recommended but it’s lactose free so it doesn’t hurt my tummy. I gained my weight back x2 and lost it with shakes, good food choices, Portion Control and normal activity. I went from a 24/22 to a loose Size 8. Took a few years but now it’s just the way I eat. Occasionally I have a naughty week but I always get back on track.

On 01/08/2021 at 18:16, NicoleInVancouver said:

Just wanted to check in with you! How are you doing?

I’m well! Thanks!😊❤️

I have found that the last couple weeks have been very stressful for me. And it showed on my scale. Nothing alarming, since I was aware that I was eating more and eating at odd times and felt more hungry. Between the take over of the Capitol and having extended family with Covid and them being in the hospital, and then losing one to Covid; and then as a healthcare community worker getting my first vaccination and yes, being worried, but relieved to start that process.... it was just so much. Inauguration night my adult daughter and I made strawberry margaritas (hey- with fresh strawberries and fresh lime) and I got back on track again.

It was a good three weeks of anxiety that just did not go away. We are human. We react to situations in our lives. And we can recognize it, forgive ourselves and move on. Last night's dinner was fresh cauliflower rice, with chopped fresh carrots, brocolli, asparagus. I pre steamed those, sautéed shallots in a bit of olive oil then added all the chopped veggies, lemon pepper and some other herbs. A sprinkle of parm. cheese on top of my bowl of veggies and that was dinner. Steamed eggs this morning. Back on track.