Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They Say The Third Time Is A Charm

After 1 failed surgery and 1 cancelled surgery, I believe that the 3rd attempt is going to happen. I am excitedly nervous after the first attempted surgery my blood pressure dropped to 40/20 and my O2 went into the 60's after the anesthesia was given to me and they had to stop the surgery. That was exactly one year ago on 9/5/2019. Then I was scheduled again 3/26/2020 but we all know what happened in March (Covid), when our lives were all halted, so no surgery then. Over the last year, I have been diagnosed with a rare form of asthma and the treatment for that has been successful, my blood tests and pressures are all very stable, and I feel that my body and mind are finally ready for this to happen.

I am scheduled to have my RnY on 9/16. After all this time (I have been waiting for this for 3 years) I can't believe it is actually going to happen. If you think that going on the pre-op diet once is bad, try 3 times....LOL BTW-does anyone ever cheat on the pre-op diet??? This diet sure reinforces my decision to have the surgery, so I can have a smaller stomach and less hunger to help me stay in control of my food. It is so hard to control my food, on this pre-op diet, for just two weeks.

I am a Christian and have always felt that God was leading me to do this. I know that Dr Hunter is Very good and has brought me this far. He would not be doing this if he wasn't sure of the procedure. I have to be in the operating room for 6-8 hours because he has to take down my Nissin surgery before he can do my RNY. I know that God will be with the team and watching over me......

Hello. I hope you were able to get your surgery. And I hope everything is going well for you

Sent from my SM-G781U using BariatricPal mobile app

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches