Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Never me

I feel like everyone else can get the surgery but there is no way it will happen for me. I will be the last fat person in my family and i'll die unhealthy, pathetic and hiding from the world. I lost 150 pounds before then got married to a food addict and gained almost all of it back. I can not do it anymore. If i can not get it i do not want to be alive anymore. I have no quality of life and now i have gout. I need some good news. I go in september 11th to see what the surgeon says. Anyone else feel this way?

Don't stop trying! If the surgeon for some stupid reason doesn't approve your surgery then get a second opinion! Don't take no for an answer! I understand feeling like the odd one out in your family, but don't give up like that! I was 389 pounds and 150 pounds heavier than the next heaviest in my family. I had zero self-esteem and have battled with on and off depression my entire life. Now I've lost almost half my body weight and am incredibly proud of myself and I'm only 7 months out! Plus, I lost 64 pounds on my own before I even HAD my surgery! You just have to trust that it'll happen for you! You might end up having to be that pushy patient that just doesn't give up until someone says yes, but trust it'll happen! Try not to get down and try and pump yourself up. BELIEVE it'll happen!

Hi Chrissylynn80

Its been many years since I have posted on here, but your post has just hit out at me. I'm sitting up, in the middle of the night in Scotland UK. You have a massive family here at Bariatricpal - and I'm pretty sure that each one of us can relate to how you are feeling at this moment!

You simply can not give up - and as the other lady said, you must get a second, even a third opinion if you come up against a door that first appointment you have. DO NOT GIVE UP!

I thought that it would never happen to me - they put me on new diets - meal packets - that they were using as a trial, I truly felt like a guinea pig - but I did it. It took me a full 6 years to get the sleeve done, from going to my doctor in the first instance, to going through those theatre doors. 6 years is a long time when you are struggling with weight issues and 3 young kids, to me it did feel like a lifetime, but sticking with it was what had to be done - and I got there in the end.

Thinking of you - and virtually throwing all my available willpower your way. Please don't be giving up - you owe this to yourself x

Thank you both. That helps a lot. I feel the odds are against me and yet it was so easy for everyone i know. I hear all these horror stories on here and i think that will be me. I waited too long. I gained my weight back 8 years ago and i should of done it then. I kept trying to do it myself and it was hard to admit i could not. I am ready to do what i have to. It has been a rough lonely day and i am so glad i found this place. I can finally get some sleep. Thank you guys again.

You just keep thinking postively. Don't stop until you get where you want to be.

sleep well :) x

8 hours ago, Chrissylynn80 said:

Thank you both. That helps a lot. I feel the odds are against me and yet it was so easy for everyone i know. I hear all these horror stories on here and i think that will be me. I waited too long. I gained my weight back 8 years ago and i should of done it then. I kept trying to do it myself and it was hard to admit i could not. I am ready to do what i have to. It has been a rough lonely day and i am so glad i found this place. I can finally get some sleep. Thank you guys again.

horror stories are rare - most of us sailed through just fine.

I don't know how old you are, but there are a lot of us who had surgery in our 50s or 60s. We even see an occasional person in their 70s...

On 8/27/2020 at 9:20 PM, Chrissylynn80 said:

I feel like everyone else can get the surgery but there is no way it will happen for me. I will be the last fat person in my family and i'll die unhealthy, pathetic and hiding from the world. I lost 150 pounds before then got married to a food addict and gained almost all of it back. I can not do it anymore. If i can not get it i do not want to be alive anymore. I have no quality of life and now i have gout. I need some good news. I go in september 11th to see what the surgeon says. Anyone else feel this way?

Dont give up !!! It took me 2 years to finally have the surgery. I had to switch back to my old Dr. that was in a different town that I had moved from because my new Dr. would NOT sign the papers for me to even go see the surgeon unless I did his requirements first !!! SERIOUSLY !!! I stayed with him until I realized he had control issues and was never going to help me. I went in and seen my old Dr. who signed the papers that day and I have stayed with her ever since. I just drive 20 min when I go see her.