Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

23 Days Post Op-Only 9lb Lost

I’m truly disappointed in my lack of lost. Been stalled for 11 days now. I’m getting in at least 50-60 ozs of Water and 60 grams of Protein. It appears I’ve lost some inches but not much. Was really looking forward to a little reward after what I’ve been through. Feeling like the most unluckiest girl ever.

I lost 16 lbs the first MONTH and had a stall during weeks 2 & 3. It broke during week 4 and I dropped like 6-8 lbs within a couple of days. You may be the same. As long as you're sticking to your program, you're good. We all lose at different rates due to a lot of factors - age, gender, genetics, activity level, metabolic rate, whether or not we lost weight prior to surgery. Most of these are out of your control. The one big thing you CAN control is how committed you are to your program. I was a slow loser but almost never "cheated" while I was in weight loss mode, and I ended up losing 100% of my excess weight. So don't despair. As long as your weight is gradually trending downward, you're good.

I hit my first stall around the 3rd week as well, and it lasted for roughly 7-8 days.

Next time I hit the stall, I just pushed myself to exercise and stall only lasted 2-3 days this time.

3 hours ago, KASx4 said:

I’m truly disappointed in my lack of lost. Been stalled for 11 days now. I’m getting in at least 50-60 ozs of Water and 60 grams of Protein. It appears I’ve lost some inches but not much. Was really looking forward to a little reward after what I’ve been through. Feeling like the most unluckiest girl ever.

Don't stress it is still early days....

Everyone's weight loss journey is different, and you shouldn't compare yourself to anyone else. Just stick to the program your doctor gave you and you'll get there. Just think how thrilled any of us would have been before surgery to lose "only" nine pounds in 23 days!

4 hours ago, KASx4 said:

It would be helpful if you were to fill in your profile (height and weight) it helps gives users context and the responses will be more useful.

Edited by Hop_Scotch

Thank you to everyone for posting. I am 2 weeks post-op and I completely forgot about the plateau - still healing here. I just found this forum today and am so glad I did.

I lost 11 lbs the first 3weeks and then went on a 13 day stall. Then past 8 days I have lost 7 lbs. Stay the course and don’t get discouraged we can do this!

I’m in the same boat. Only lost 10 lbs in the first 3 weeks and had a very strict protocol. 2 weeks of clear, 1 week full liquids and then mushies - only 2 ounces at a time and walking 2miles a day. Even my surgeon was surprised. I started walking 3 miles a day and said I wouldn’t weight myself for another 3 weeks because I know what Head games that does to me. I spend 3 days “cheating” with an .5- 1 oz of pirate booty because I felt like 2 ounces of food was nothing. Like what’s the point, it’s over in a few minutes or a few bites, and family dinners were / are hard. So I ate the pirate booty because it felt like a lot of chewing but didn’t have a problem going down. Even tried a few potato chips, which were waaaay to easy to go down. Then I freaked out because I could feel my bad habits coming back and I kept hearing the saying “those who find a way to cheat the bypass are the ones who fail”. So then I threw the both bags away. The head game is real.

Thank you all! Trying to stay encouraged. Will hit 30 days tomorrow and down 11 pounds. Thankfully, no complications and healed perfectly. Weight day of surgery was 282. After surgery, 290 (water/fluid weight). My weight fluctuated between 273-272 for about 11 days and now I’ve been fluctuating between 271-270 for a few days. I’ve increased my Water and calories as my nutritionist insist I’m not eating enough. I agree with her. I Put the scale up and will revisit my numbers next Sunday😢

Hang in there! I'm 3,5 weeks post-op, stall for last 10 days, 0 loss, but I believe it will move again next week. Hardest part is staying on course.

I can understand what you are going through. I've been at the same weight for the past 5 days and was freaking out. I'm so happy to have found this forum. Just knowing that I'm not alone gives me motivation to stay the course. We can do this. Don't give up!

I only lost 6 pounds first 6 weeks. So frustrating. Dietitian said I needed to INCREASE calories and I GAINED 2 pounds. Forget that. I saw surgeon a week ago for 6 week check. He said he was not concerned at this stage. I went back to just Protein Shakes and have lost everyday for past 5 days. I was doing just 2 Protein shakes with meal of 2 oz chicken or fish and broccoli. Maybe I would be losing weight if I stuck with that but I lost so easy before surgery on protein shakes.

I did NOT appreciate dietitian's snide remark that I "needed to get with program before my restriction doesn't work anymore." I showed her my diet diary and photos of contents of fridge and cupboards (only Fairlife shakes). I live alone and staying at home for 3 months due to covid. I honestly think she thought I must be pigging out on junk food. Really made me mad but I did not respond anymore. Why do dietitians say things like that when I am clearly "with the program."

Sent from my SM-T580 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, that sucks! On a good note, I started following my dietician’s recommendations by increasing my calories and sure enough, me not eating enough was the issue. I finally broke my 2.5 week stall and dropped 2 pounds overnight. Now that I’ve tackled that problem, I need to increase my Fiber to help with Constipation. Currently using Dulcolax.

24 minutes ago, KASx4 said:

Yeah, that sucks! On a good note, I started following my dietician’s recommendations by increasing my calories and sure enough, me not eating enough was the issue. I finally broke my 2.5 week stall and dropped 2 pounds overnight. Now that I’ve tackled that problem, I need to increase my Fiber to help with constipation. Currently using Dulcolax.

What did your dietician recommend going to? How many calories now vs. before?